Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset Aria to factory settings?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have made changes to my network howover unable to change Aria network name showing on Aria display during setup. Network name on Aria remanins same as per original setup. Unable at this time to match network name on Aria with new network name on router.....how can I reset Aria to factory settings? I have taken out all 4 batteries waited before re--installing original information continues to be displayed on Aria...

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

You cannot reset to factory settings. There is a small hole in the base of the unit that could be a reset hole? Does anyone know what happens when you insert a paperclip into the small hole in the base of the unit. Could this small hole be the panacea of our collective Aria woes?

...Mickus

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rundogg Any changes to your network will require that you repeat the setup process with your Aria. Because it was already setup once, you'll need to follow the steps on this page to return it to "Setup Active" mode. Essentially, you'll want to take out and reinsert the batteries, and then press firmly on the lower two corners when you see "Tap to change" appear on the display.

I do not recommend using the hole on the back on the scale to reset it - this can potentially cause other problems.

Best Answer

Matthew is right. The reset button can cause more serious issues. Do not press the reset button!

...Mickus

Best Answer

I am having the same issue after installing a new wifi router. I've removed all batteries and done everything that I can find on the internet with the exception of pressing the reset button. However, whenever I try to connect to the Aria's wifi network it doesn't finalize the connection, both on the computer or my mobile phone.

What more can be done? I'd like to get this working on my new wifi network.

I'm tempted to press the button...

Best Answer

@bgalcor wrote:

I am having the same issue after installing a new wifi router. I've removed all batteries and done everything that I can find on the internet with the exception of pressing the reset button. However, whenever I try to connect to the Aria's wifi network it doesn't finalize the connection, both on the computer or my mobile phone.

What more can be done? I'd like to get this working on my new wifi network.

I'm tempted to press the button...

Does your router have these settings?  router settings

Also note, if your wifi router is password protected, the password can only contain alpha/numeric characters.

Best Answer

Thank you, PATRUNS, but I think I may have solved it. I am not too sure what settings that I had incorrect on my current laptop, but I went back to my old Dell laptop that I had used to initially set up the router (Windows XP vs the new one on Windows 8).

Neither my mobile phone nor new laptop could connet to the scale. Immediately upon trying to connect my old laptop to it it connected. I was then able to finish the setup...Odd I know, but my thought is that it simply did not shake hands with my new laptop or my mobile phone (Motorola Droid MAXX).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew,
I'm stumped! I've taken out all the batteries - I've taken out 1 battery. It cycles through with old info - asks me to TAP. Tap where? I've down the hold the bottom edges thing with no result! Fitbit makes me think I need to order a new scale because it will never change! I spent good money on a scale that will never work properly again! You should have put a disclaimer saying - Will only set up with one network for the life of this scale! Not fair. For the $$ spent - you should send a tech out! Or better yet - change the design!

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer

@top50moe  It sounds like you are on the right track - I will be happy to help you get setup. The "Tap" nomenclature can be a bit misleading, as you do need to press down on the scale to activate "Setup active" mode.

You should be following these instructions.

When you remove and then reinsert the batteries into your scale, you will see the version number, the previous network, and then the words "Tap to change wifi". As soon as you see that "Tap" appear, you should press down firmly but briefly (about a half second) on the scale's lower two corners, farthest from the screen. If done correctly, this will return the scale to "Setup active" mode, allowing you to continue the setup process.

If the display goes blank, you either did not press hard enough, or you waited too long. If the scale starts weighing you, you pressed too hard or too long. In either of these cases, you'll need to remove the batteries and try again.

I understand that it can be frustrating, but I'm sure you'll be able to get it with a bit of practice. If you need more assistance, you can open a case with our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com - they will be able to help you further.

Best Answer

If tapping on the bottom corners isn't helping then what is the solution? Is there a way to factory reset the Aria scale?

Best Answer

I am also having this same issue since I got a new router. 

Best Answer

I've read through all of these posts and tried numerous times to change the wifi setting on my Aria.  It's ridiculous that this isn't easy to do.  No matter what I try, the process will not complete and my computer will not move past the "connecting" screen with the green light blinking between my phone and the icon of the scale.  Has anyone sucessfully changed their wifi network on the scale with this issue?

Best Answer

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Make sure your app is the most current version.

Launch it.

From the account tab, choose set up a device.  

Then follow the prompts.  Now it's connected.  And now I need to see if I have two Aria scales on my account and figure out how to delete the profile for that device from my previous wifi network.  

Best Answer

Not sure if this was my fix but it connected fine  after i changed the wifi SSID to normal characters without _ and . previous to that  everything i did it would not sync

Best Answer

Just wanted everyone to know that this stupid limitation on not using certain special characters in the SSID or password on your Wifi is only a problem if you try to use the web based setup routine.. If you download the windows app and setup the network setting on Aria using that instead, it works just fine.

Hope this is helpful to someone else. I was about to pull my **ahem** hair out. 

Fitbit, you guys REALLY need to fix that lame bug in your web app. Looks like it doesn't know how to translate some of those special characters (%, +, etc..) back to the proper format when submitted through the web-based setup tool. Should be a simple fix!

Best Answer

I have been fight the same battle for 2 weeks trying to get Aria to recognize my new network name.  Finally I went and set the scale up as a new device and it was up and running like a champ.  Hope this helps somone who is very frustrated out there.

Best Answer

I'm still having problems connecting.  We changed our router and now Aria won't connect. I've followed directions multiple times.  Get to the connect to fitbit site and it stalls.  Still need help.  Why is this so difficult.  I didn't have a problem with my Charge HR

Best Answer
Just pretend that you bought a new scale and set it up like you would for the very first time. In other words don't try and change the settings on your current scale. Go to your app and choose add new scale and when you're finished you will not have two scales on your account.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I originally set up my scale with Mac, but since then switched to windows based machines. Changed my network not too long ago and no matter what I did I was not able to get the scale to work again. I read that someone succeeded to set theirs up with Mac after failing with windows and loaned a macbook from a friend and voila it worked on first try... beyond confused why, but thankfully I can get it synced again! Not sure if having it set up with Mac orignally has anything to do with it, but anyways, just thought I'd let the community know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely could not get the scale to hook to the wifi after changing the router. After looking at all of these complaints I took advice and went to the ipad app and it set up 'slick as a whistle'. Obviously, there is a problem with the web-based application. If you are having this problem and own either a smart phone or a tablet, save  your nerves and just set up with that.

Best Answer