Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale is stuck in "Setup Active"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, earlier I was stuck in "sensing, thinking, err" so I reset the whole thing, reconnected to wifi and everything, and now I'm stuck with the message "Setup Active" scrolling across the Aria. It will not shut off. I took the battery out and left it for 15 minutes, put it in again, and it's still scrolling. If I leave it all night it's going to run the batteries down completely.

I had put this on someone else's post about the sensing, thinking, err but thought it should have its own since it's really a different issue. Thank you for the help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

I have been unable to connect the Aria scale to our home WiFi for the past 10 weeks. Went through the entire setup multiple times and restarted all devices in the hope that something might give. 

After getting the WiFi Err message on the scale, it keeps going back to the SETUP ACTIVE mode. So now I have two issues:

1. Fitbit Aria won't connect to WiFi, making it an ordinary scale.

2. It won't quit SETUP ACTIVE mode, draining the batteries and keeping the light on.

I've sent the logs to support and hoping to get this resolved soon.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Stuck in Setup Active.

Best Answer
My daughter was able to get me back on. Is anyone else in your house has a
Fitbit account on the scale? If so, see if they can invite you. You May not
get your previous readings but at lest you’ll be able to use it again.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. My Aria hasn;t connected in a month. Something is definitely wrong. Every time I try to set up over the past 4 years it's been getting sillier. I'm in IT and there is something wrong. 

Best Answer

Me too!!!!  Haven't gotten an upload since late March.  Trying all sorts of avenues to get this scale working again.  I made no changes to my network.  Just one day it stopped working.  I was able to get it to sync up again, but now zilch, nothing, nada.  I am also an IT guru.  I'm so irritated!!!

Best Answer
Ditto on all counts.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Hi everyone! I want to follow up on the setup and syncing issues you've experienced with your Aria scales. Please let me know if you get any error message during the setup process. Also, make sure that your routers run the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz. If you guys need help with this information and you want to know how to run these settings, please get in touch with your Internet service provider.

Finally, let me know what is the make and model of your routers.

Looking forward to your responses guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto

No luck connecting Aria.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting with your network either. I want to follow up and find a solution for you. Please let me know if you have made changes to your network such as WiFi password, router or router settings. Also, let me know if you get any error message while you try to connect your scale. This information will help me to assist you accordingly.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
No changes made. It stopped working last month. I will confirm if Comcast made any changes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RazzleTom Thank you for getting back and providing the details requested previously! Please check out Kate's post where she shared a workaround for Comcast routers and an update about this issue.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Stuck in SETUP ACTIVE mode "hell" for 2 years.   No changes to comcast that I'm aware of.   Having issues with the watch syncing as well.   Ready to ditch FITBIT all together.   After reading all of these comments in this thread .... FITBIT has a problem that they cannot address !!!!

Best Answer
My watch and iPhone apps are fine. Just the scale for me. Only started for me last month!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Submariner Welcome to the Fitbit forums!. I'd like you also to check out Kate's post and follow the workaround that she shared, which is for Comcast routers specifically.

@RazzleTom If the workaround that Kate shared didn't fix the issue, our team is actively looking into this since Comcast updated their protocols recently. We don't have a timeline when a solution will be released. However, I truly appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Let me know if you guys have any doubt! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto.

Same dumb reply.

Remove battery 10 seconds.

If only it resolved these issues...

Mine is now cycling the same.

Set Up Active yet will not connect to wifi.

It worked perfectly fine prior.

Ridiculous heap of garbage now.

The words 'Customer Service' do not adhere to Fitbit. The lack is apparent all over the net!

Shameful.

Best Answer

I have Aria scale since 2014 I think... almost 4 years now and since november I think stop syncing... I move to another house and work fora month... now it’s been 9 weeks since last sync. Yesterday I follow every advice you gave but now it’s stuck in Setup Activated, can’t tour it offf. I remove the batery all night and still in setup activated. I’m from Chile (Southamerica) and don’t have customer service here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you checked that your wifi protocol is 802.11B ?
Once I switched my Set Up was a Success.
Keep trying. Do not give up.
I also sat the scale and router and mobile phone together while trying to
connect.
I hope you get your Aria scale back online asap. Best Wishes
Best Answer
0 Votes

@1Wendywoo It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale has stopped connecting to your WiFi. I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria keeps displaying the "Setup Active" message. In the meantime, try weighing yourself 5 times in a row and see if the message disappears.

@Coonsuelo It's great to see new faces in the Community. Welcome aboard! Please make sure that you follow the setup process as advised in the video that contains this help article. Also, make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b and the bandwidth is 2.4GHz. This information can be verified with your Internet service provider.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
All fixed, thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@1Wendywoo I'm glad to hear that the issue is now resolved! Thank you for letting me know.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, in this board you'll be able to meet people, tell your stories and start your own topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit forums more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer