Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends

ANSWERED
I want friends 😉

Need to be challenged
Best Answer
323 REPLIES 323

Looking for friends but dont know how to add people!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm looking to add friends too. I've had my fitbit since April, but I don't really know anyone else that uses it. I would love to participate in challenges!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your friend request. Welcome! I've been there, not knowing how to get started. Looks like you've stopped using your Fitbit since after Thanksgiving. Here are a few things you can do to get re-started.

1. Start wearing your Fitbit all the time, except when you take your bath. If you have something that your can wear like a pendant (like the Zip or the One), wear it around your neck with a strap and inside your outerwear. Let it track your activities in terms of number of steps. If your have something like a Flex or a Charge, just wear it around your wrist. Many people have problem work the snap. Try snapping them together loose enough that your can take them off or slip them on by folding your palm together like putting on bangles. Start changing your daily commute and habit to walk more. I'm sure you've noticed that when you get 10,000 or more steps a daily, you get a cheer when you sign in after your synch. 10,000 is really nothing. Less than that for your age and it's not a healthy habit, but do it right and it doesn't necessarily need a gym membership, except a place to walk or jog around around in foul or cold weather.

2. Set goals. Your dashboard by default shows #Steps, Distance traveled, and Calories burnt. Some people track the amount of calories they consume daily and figure out how many calories they need to burn and use calories as a metric. I find counting calories too bordersome, but I do track my weight and have a goal for weight I need to loose by next spring. After you track it for a while, you'll get some idea on what is the right amount of calories you need to expense to maintain your weight. I use up calories mostly by jogging or walking in the cold months. Start with a goal of 70,000 steps a week. That's 10,000 steps a day and it's a lot easy if you keep up and accumulate surplus early in the week to make up for busy weekends.

3. Look for friends and competition. You need a few friends that consistently achieve more than you do. In a marathon, it's easier to follow stronger runners. I have quite a few friends and got them mostly by responding to friend requests. One friend I have had since July was far ahead of me, but I surpassed her after 3 months, after which we traded leads and both improved significantly. Unfortunately, she has fallen off her regiment for the holiday season. Fortunately I found another friend that was ahead of me and I'm in the same process again. Right now I have two competitive friends that I work hard just to stay between! They are friends because we trade support, encouragement and ideas.

4. Find a couple of groups, at least one large one (200+ members) to help track yourself among the throng, like running a marathon. Go to Community/Activity Group and scroll down to find some you like, preferably with group members closer to your age group, so you'll run in the general marathon instead of the seniors marathon.

Good luck and send me a message anytime you want to talk.

Best Answer

@letgo I'll be more than happy to explain you how to add friends in your Dashboard. There are various options on how to add friends, you can add them through iOS, Android, online Dashboard or Community. If you want to add people from the Community, just click on the profile picture and you'll be taken to "Go to Fitbit.com profile" > click there and you'll see "Add Friend". You may want to check this articles about how to add friends from:

Managing friends using the Fitbit app for iOS

How do I connect with my friends on Fitbit?

Managing friends using the Fitbit app for Android 

@ratherbike Thank you for sharing this great tips with us. Smiley Happy I hope you can continue enjoying your Fitbit and reaching your goals. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using my fitbit flex more often now but I'd love the motivation of having active friends on the app that would encourage me to walk the extra mile!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my FitBit and am looking to add friends. Please add me as a friend and lets get fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there new to the fitbit world anyone from Michigan
Big jer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

I'm new to fitbit and looking for friends to keep me motivated.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi hru 

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Big jer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add me to your friend list - I need motivation!

I just got my fitbit and I'm excited to get started. I'm trying to focus on small goals, so I don't get completely overwhelmed. Would love to hear others' goals.

Sharon

Best Answer
Hi you can add me if you want I have just got a flex
Best Answer
0 Votes

I added some people, If I didn't add you please add me. Looking to build up a team of motivation too!!

bjwraight@yahoo.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone walk me through how to add friends from the discussion board? I swear I'm not usually this technologically challenged!  Smiley Very Happy

Sharon M

Best Answer
0 Votes

@slynnmart I'll be happy to help you! 

Click on the name of each person that you want to add > This will take you to their Community Profile, below the picture you'll see a message that says "Go to Fitbit.com profile" click there and you'll see "Add Friend" 

Let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd love to be friends.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi new to Fitbit. Need friends to keep me motivated. Please feel free to add me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking for friends too.

Great for motivation and challenging each other!

Feel free to add me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

feel free to add me anyone, the more the better 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will be your friend
Best Answer
0 Votes