Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding steps not counted towards total for 7 day?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am new to the fit bit Blaze and since I wear it on my wrist, it doesn't count my steps the same as the Charge did. I kept the Charge in my pocket, and it counted each step. The Blaze tends to count every other step, especially on the Elliptical.

For the past few days I have been adding the additional steps to my fit bit since I know the exact number of steps I take during my routine.

The steps show up on my daily count, but when I look at my total for the week, the steps are not added.

How do I add the steps so they are counted in my 7 day total??

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry manually added steps are never added to the weekly leaderboard. This is set and controlled by the server.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a friend that adds steps to her count (for the same reason I have). Her 7 day total always reflects the added steps. She does not earn points towards badges, but her total count always includes the added steps. Confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Elizabeth2222 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

When you are in an elliptical, you are not actually walking so it is normal if your Blaze is not taking all of that information. Regarding to the leaderboard, you can manually add steps but those steps won't count for the learderboard information of to earn badges.

To check that your Blaze is being accurate, I recommend restarting it, walk 100 steps and let me know how many your tracker registered.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked my steps and the fitbit added them correctly twice.

I still am going to return the Blaze since the charge doesn't last more than a day. Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes