Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth running off on Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blue tooth keeps turning off on the Blaze and draining the battery as it tries to sink, any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

A couple of points and questions i have @Neuepe.

When it comes to syncing, the bluetooth low energy is unable to be turned off on the Blaze.

Your refferring to Blaze classic which is strickly used for controlling music on the phone.

You dont mention which battery, phone or Blaze that goes dies?

OK we have a sync problem.

Have you restarted the tracker and the phone?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich_Lane,

Thank you for the reply.

How do I know it the bluetooth low energy? It happens when I am at home with the phone next to me or at work when it is close.

It is the Blaze that the battery is reducing quickly. The phone is an S7 and battery is fine.

To make it sync, I have to turn the bluetooth back on in the settings on the Blaze and do a restart and then it syncs perfectly, but if I don't realise quickly that it isn't working the battery is almost flat. I have had to recharge daily for the last couple of days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  when I go to my settings on my blaze it doesn't show the Bluetooth option. I have to constantly turn off the blaze and restart it and then the Bluetooth is back again.  I tell it to par and it stays for a little while then when I go to check it again the Bluetooth option is gone again and I have to restart again.  started doing this about a week ago???  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suemiddaugh, what type of phone do you have? 

@Neuepe, try restarting the Blaze and leave the Bluetooth off on the Blaze, this is only used for music control, not syncing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Neuepe@suemiddaugh and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

If you are having inconveniences syncing your trackers, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. Now about the battery, take a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info but mine will sync with my phone without a problem. The problem is that the Bluetooth option on the settings on the fitbit blaze keeps disappearing.  I have to physically turn off my fit bit and restart it and then the Bluetooth option is there again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bluetooth your refferring to @suemiddaugh, is strickly used for Music control on Android.  If you have an ios phone, this is not needed, and is not supposed to be showing.  This is why i asked for what type of phone you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

It is good to know the Blue tooth classic is only for music so I will not bother checking it. I have been restarting the blaze to get it to sync but should I be doing that a couple of times a week?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Normally i would say no, this is not natural. I wen 6 months 4 firmware updates and never did a manual restart i only had to do it because Fitbit did mot program an exit to their hame.

Is their any othet device around that has ever synced your tracker?

Im not going to bother asking for the Phone type again, but if it is an ios phone, you might wamt to set it up as a replacement device. This will remove the Bluetooth Classic option since it is not needef.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung A 2017. I have just started experiencing this problem for the last week.  When I turn my fitbit off and on again then the Bluetooth option on the fitbit is back again so I can turn it on and Par.  I just don't understand why it keep disappearing on my fiibit screen on my watch. The phone shows it there but not on the watch unless you restart it 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

The phone (Samsung S7) does sync to the blue tooth in the car but that is
the only other thing.

Cheers
Penny
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

The phone (Samsung S7) does sync to the blue tooth in the car but that is
the only other thing.