Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting Blaze Brightness Setting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To set the brightness setting (to auto, dim, normal, or max), push the left button on your fitbit which will show the clock.  Then swipe to the left until you see 'settings'.  Tap on 'settings' to open it, then swipe down until you see 'brightness'. Simply tap on the word auto and keep tapping to choose which brightness level you want (auto, dim, normal, or brightness).  Mine was set to auto when i bought it today, but that was too dim for me so i changed it to max.  It's perfect now (i am using the flare clock face which is darker but i need the date as well as the time digitally written out). The thing to remember though is that max will use more battery life then auto or dim settings.  But i need it on max!  Anyway, after finding no posts on how to change the brightness setting (it just said tap on it so i was tapping on the clock - then looking on my iphone through those settings until i finally discovered it right on the face of the fitbit but not on the clock face ...So thought i would share here so it will be easier for someone else Smiley Wink

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Fab @Bulletproof77

Thanks for sharing Cat Happy

Have fun with your Blaze Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great help the Blaze help shoud be more clear where the settings are I was looking in the app and windows.

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  The dimness since the last update was making me crazy.  I wish things like this were in the release notes.

Best Answer

Thx for the post Bulletproof77. It was very helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Left button on my Blaze does not work unfortunately.  Is there a way to adjust the brightness via the phone application?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shure there is @bhavanisht on the Blaze swipe over to settings - tap the screen - swipe down to brightness - tap to adjust. 

OK let's see if we can get the left button working

• Make sure it is seated correctly in the frame, I can press the button with the tip of my finger while it is out of the Frame, you might want to try thus. 
  • Ok let's restart your tracker without using the left button. Swipe back to settings - tap - scroll down to shutdown - Tap and confirm with a Yes - restart by pressing the left button. If it doesn't start up it would be time to reach out to contact.fitbit.com
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @bhavanisht and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by and the troubleshoot provided. Woman Wink I would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend here were helpful? If you keep experiencing inconveniences, do not hesitate in posting it. 

See you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your instructions.  I did what you said and now I'm satisfied.

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍🏼👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That does help

I would like a watch face option with thicker hands and chunkier hour markings, just to make it easier to read quckly

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this information. My clock was too dim for me, now set on max and it is fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're very welcome! I actually decided to keep my dimness on auto (saves battery power) and it's great; it won't be so bright if I want to glance at my watch in a dark movie theater yet is bright if I want to check the time outside in bright sunshine! I have it on the watch face that has the time AND date (cause I always forget the date lol) - it's a cool watch face because orange hues in the day turn to bluish hues at night. I also set it so I can quickly tap the watch face to get my heart rate where the date is shown (which I always like to know for other reasons)
Best Answer

Which face is that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont see the option for brighrness,under settings on the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can do it on the device itself. Swipe left until the settings option comes up, tap on that, scroll down to the Brightness option and tap repeatedly until the option you want comes up (Auto, Dim, Max etc.)

Best Answer

Thank you I was doing the exact same thing looking on my IPhone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cool! Thanks for the info....

Best Answer
0 Votes