Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic time zone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I go to Account > settings> location and toggle "Automatic Time Zone" to on.  I get on a airplane and change time zone.  I sync and time doesn't change.  I go to Account>settings>location and the "Automatic Time Zone" is off.  So I have to toggle it back on. Then sync.  And only then the time will change.  Why does the "Automatic Time Zone" turn itself off.   Pain in the butt when a person travels to multiplet one zones each day.  I don't mind the sync.  It the going to account settings and turning it back on all the time.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@cole22 what phone do you have, this is not a problem with your Blaze but the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @cole22. Good to see you in the Community!

As @Rich_Laue says, this seems to be something directly with your App. I would like to know if whenever you get on a plane and  reach your destination, does the time on your phone change? If it doesn't, it could be something with your phone but in either case, I would recommend rebooting your phone and just to see if it makes any difference, to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Let us know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
The phone changes time automatically as soon as I turn off airplane mode.  I just travels from Salt Lake to Vegas.  Before I boarded I made sure I had it set to automatic time zone.  During taxi in I turned off airplane mode.  Sync fitbit using the App.  Time on watch did not change. Then I went to Account>settings and the automatic time zone was off.  After I switched it back on and synced again the time on the watch was  correct. 
I know it is a App problem but I can't get support to figure that out with the 3 emails.  The keep telling me to change time zone manually or reset the watch or just turn it off.
Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Got it @cole22. Thanks for providing more details.

Please try what I suggested about uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if this makes any difference and let me know how it goes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Automatic Time Zone and depending on your phone, GPS/Location Services must be on in order for the phone to detect a time zone change. GPS will detect this change. It's got nothing to do with the app. Doesn't sound like an app issue. That's my solution. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I fly again today so I will test both of these solutions.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the App.  I will keep  GPS on.  Hopefully these things keep the App from turning itself off Automatic Time Zone.
Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@DriverB666 test the phone first has locations, then this change needs to be detected by the phone, and then the new timezone can be passed on to the Fitbit app. None of this explains whythe automatic setting flag on the app keeps switching?
Personally if I did a lot of traveling I would not want the fit it changing time in such a way at midnight is skipped. For if the tracker does not see the day change, most of the tracker a will not reset the days total
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's something to consider.
Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well went from Vegas to Houston.  Made sure App set to Automatic Time Zone before switching to airplane mode.  Turned on GPS.  After arrived in Houston during taxi I turned off airplane mode and left it at that for 10 minutes to see if GPS would helpthe App adjust the time on the watch.  Answer to that is no.  So open Account>settings> and Automatic Time Zone was in the off position.  I toggle it back on and synced the App.  Time changed after that.
What I learned is GPS just eats battery.  When in using Airplane Mode the Automatic Time zone switches off and is worthless.  As far as using time zones and not  getting full 24 hours, I get that back when returning home.  That has never been a problem using fit bit.
Thanks

Best Answer
Yes GPS eats the battery but I should've said turn it on when you get off that tin can in the sky.

But leave Automatic time zone on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact same issue. I went from EST to CST this last Monday and sine then my Blaze has been an hour behind. I"ve done a complete reinstall, manually set the time on my phone and various other things and I can't get the timeto go back to EST.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Either way the App still turned off Automatic Time Zone.  It has turned itself off twice since then.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I set to auto time zone and keep finding it switching itself off. I am using an Android app. Also, even when it is forced on again my Blaze wont sync with the phone until I get network access even though Bluetooth is turned on. WHen you travel in Europe you do not alwyas get data access in a new country so the watch stays in the wrong zone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone -- We recently released the Android app update, version 2.38. I recommend updating to the newest app version and letting me know if it resolves the issues with the automatic time zone that you experienced. I greatly appreciate any follow-up and would like to thank you in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually have a new phone as of yesterday. Downloaded and set up the blaze. Found the new location for Atomic time zone. Toggled it on. It Turned itself off overnight. Version 2.38.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No it has made no difference. Time zone still turns itself off on Android
and does not automatically function. Also why the he'll does the app
REQUIRE a network or WiFi connection before it will sync. When you travel
abroad you can't always get data or WiFi yet the phone picks up local time
so why can't that get to the watch via Bluetooth. This is an apalling
product for travelling with

Mike
Sent from my Samsung S4
Best Answer
0 Votes

This might be worth a try, it seems to be working for me.

Log Out!

On the Fitbit app, tap on your picture top left and scroll to the bottom to log out, then close the app. I suppose you could clear cache as well. 

When I logged back in, both location and automatic time zone were toggle off, but I turned them on, did a sync and for the first time in 3 months they stayed on! My fingers are crossed.... 

Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes