Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I purchased the Blaze yesterday, if I was to click on any of the other options I cannot exit out of it to get back to the clock face. I've tried pushing the 'back' button and other buttons and it stays in that setting until I change the clock face and it syncs. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or do I have a dud?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No there is not, but there already is a request for the ability to swipe back. I found it, vote here. I think you also will agree with this suggestion.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Sounds like it might be stuck?.  

Try restarting it by pressing the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/?q=restart+blaze&l=en...

Hope that fixes the problem.  

Best Answer

Hello @Stahpynn welcome to the Fitbit Community! it's great to have you here 🙂  Did you try the restart provided by @kawaiiko?  Is your Blaze working properly now? 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Is there a way to get out of the today summary view without clicking on the button?  Is there a swiping or tapping motion that takes you back up to the level where you have the Clock, Today, Exercise, Fitstar, Timer, etc?

I think it is odd to have all the on screen ability to do things, but then get stuck when you get into your Today summary.

Thanks!

Best Answer

No there is not, but there already is a request for the ability to swipe back. I found it, vote here. I think you also will agree with this suggestion.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @bhilton93. I can access the Today screen with a tap on my display.  Thanks for sharing the suggestion @Rich_Laue it's great to have you here! 🙂 @bhilton93 please vote and add your comments. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I've had my Blaze for a few months now and just yesterday the back button stopped working.  I was checking today to see if anyone else may have had this problem and to see if there might be a fix.  I tride what you suggested and all it did was take me back to the daily page with what I've done today.  What other things might work.  I use the watch probably more than I look at what I've done for the day.

Best Answer

Hello @earnesj welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 If your back button is not working, make sure the tracker is properly inserted on the frame, if it is try to restart your tracker. If after the restart your tracker is not working as expected, please reach out to our support team, they will be happy to help you. 

Let me know how it goes! 😉  

Best Answer
Thanks for the info, I tried it and it didn’t work. Nothing comes up but the daily activities and calendar reminders. It doesn’t matter which button I press, only the daily activities come up. It didn’t reset. Any other recommendations?

Earnestine
Best Answer

Yes see the post above yours where it is reccomended, with a link, to contact Fitbit support team. 

Best Answer

Hello @earnesj thanks for your reply! 🙂 As @Rich_Laue mentioned, the next step is to reach out to our support team, they are available via chat, email or phone. Let them know with details the troubleshoot you have performed to save some time. 

Let me know how it goes! 😉 

Best Answer

Mine was doing the same and I just realized it was because I had my Fitbit backwards in the case. The single button should be on the left and the two buttons on the right. If you don't feel a little resistance then it might not be pressing the spot, so try removing it from the case and putting it back in. I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My "home" or back button is not working either.  Therefore, I cannot utize the other functions of the fitbit, because it'll take like 40 presses for it to finally return to the clock face.  Antone have any suggestions???? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. Embarrassingly enough it was a user error. I put the watch into the band backwards, so the single button was on the right and the double button side was on the left. Therefore the watch buttons didn't align with the space for the buttons in the band itself. Basically, take the watch face out of the band and make sure you put it into the band the right way. This was my issue. Once I fixed the placement, my issue went away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope , that won't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue. Went with support and suggested that since it is not under warranty anymore, to buy, a new one.  My blaze still works counting the steps and charging still works. The only items are listed by everyone else, you can’t go back. Swiping works but once you get into a certain modes, you won’t be able to get back.  My other tried solution is to find a face mode that will tell atleast the most important parts of your fitness routine. Steps or heart rate.  In order to get back home I discovered that you can reset the face mode and that should sync the watch, bringing you to a new interface.  Btw. The button (back, pebble) works when you power on. It doesn’t work once it’s on, odd one. 

Best Answer

After research I have found a SOLUTION Smiley LOL . I plug it into the charger, but not close the trap, press back button and it WORKS Smiley LOLSmiley LOL . Anyone figured out yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something to try tonight. I was going to reset it already since I
accidentally swiped left. I’ll let you know if it works.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, how do you do the reset when your back button is not working?

Best Answer

Have you tried whole the pebble is outside of its frame?

Another way is to swipe over to settings. tap, then swipe up to shutdown. Tap and confirm. 

Plugging the tracker on or pressing any button will restart. 

Best Answer