Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I purchased the Blaze yesterday, if I was to click on any of the other options I cannot exit out of it to get back to the clock face. I've tried pushing the 'back' button and other buttons and it stays in that setting until I change the clock face and it syncs. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or do I have a dud?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

I just went round and round with Fitbit “support” about this issue. They’re claiming it’s hardware and won’t even try to fix the issue. I’m done with Fitbit. They’ve lost sight of customer service. 

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know. I'm currently in touch with one of the Fitbit support guys. He asked to test with the manual reset (Press and hold Left + Bottom Right buttons for 10 seconds). This works some times for me (20% chances) but I will not be settle for this lack of support from Fitbit. Will keep pushing them and provide updates here. Thanks again.

Best Answer

I tried one more time via phone support. I wanted them to understand it’s a software issue and not that my Fitbit Blaze itself is broken. I told them I did not want a new one, even at 25% off, because this software issue should be fixable. They finally offered to send a ticket to the engineers (why this wasn’t offered first, I can only conclude because they’d rather get more of my money), but said it could take “some time”. I’m not holding my breath, but perhaps if enough of us object, they will do the right thing? Thanks for the update!

Best Answer

Quick update: A good news, Fitbit offered to send me a complimentary replacement for my trouble Blaze. The Fitbit team is quite helpful and professional for my case. Hope other users would have the same experience like me.

@ML7878: Hope you could get yours replaced free of charge as well. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations!! How long had you owned your Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had it for a while as a gift. Fitbit did not request for a purchase receipt though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, nice to hear from you again. Please apologize the delay in my response. Thank you for performing a restart. I contacted support regarding your situation and they confirmed, that you opened a case with them. In case you need any further assistance, please let me know. 

@BlueOscar welcome to the community! Please apologize the delay in my response. Thank you for performing all the troubleshooting suggested. I am glad to hear that support was able to solve your situation. 

@ML7878 nice to hear from you again. Please apologize the delay in my response. Thank you for your feedback regarding Blaze and our support team. Our team offers solutions based on our warranty guidelines. You can find out more about them here: Returns & Warranty. In case you have any other questions, you can contact them by replying to the last e-mail you received from them. 

Hope you all have a great week!

Lucia | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir dieser Post geholfen? Bezeichne ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos 😄

Best Answer

I tried one more time - FitBit is not interested in keeping me as a customer. It’s too bad - 7 years with multiple devices should’ve been rewarded. Many friends have told me lately that FitBit customer service isn’t what it used to be - now I “get” to see for myself. Shame on you, FitBit. 

Best Answer

Hi @ML7878, good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

As @LuciaFitbit mentioned, this is based on your warranty status, however, we appreciate your feedback as it is important for our team to improve our products and services.

Anything else you might need, we're here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hi I was just wondering if you ever figured out why this happened because mine is doing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No luck, Fitbit is a tragedy of a company when it comes to customer service. I will no longer consider them for future business. It appears that the issue may be intentionally unresolved to push people to buy the newer products. Smells like fraud to me.

Regards,

Brandon
Best Answer

Agreed. They’ve lost sight of customer service and are way too anxious to say, “just buy a new one”! Even if they offer 25% off, this is still inappropriate. FitBit won’t be getting anymore of my money. 

Best Answer

Nope, they won’t fix this. See BButler’s comment, I agree with their take on FitBit’s motives. They just want more money. I’m in search of a new device. FitBit won’t be getting any more dollars from me. Sad, since I’ve been a loyal customer for seven years.

Best Answer

I have been having these same issues of not being able to use the back button since early 2019. I thought it's a hardware issue and was planning on getting the right tools to open the tracker. I have only been able to get back with the correct interface only when my battery runs down, and I plug into the charger. 

Today while reading all the comments, I tried to change the clock face from the app, and I was able to swipe to the interface I want. Then I also swiped to the settings and shut down, and then press the left power button and the blaze woke up. But that's the best the button could do, and it couldn't work while the blaze is on. I tried the reset by pressing the left power button and lower right button simultaneously while the Blaze is on and while it's off. Both failed to get the button to work as supposed. 

My Verdict: It's a software problem and not hardware as I thought before now. Else it won't wake up the blaze when pressed from shutdown status.  Fitbit should update. They should not be more interested in making new sales of new products when bugs exist in previous ones. It builds confidence when support is sincere. Actually won't upgrade to a new Fitbit if I am not sure of how this goes. There quite a lot of alternatives.

Best Answer
Yes, I came to the same conclusion and decided I was not going to give
Fitbit more of my money. They lost my loyalty. I bought an Apple Watch
series 4 and couldn’t be happier!
--
Sent from who knows where...
Best Answer

I may have replied twice here - but I agree with your conclusion. They just want more money and don’t care about loyal customers. I bought an Apple Watch series 4 and couldn’t be happier!

Best Answer

Hi all. 

I had the same issue where as the back button wouldn't work. If I took it out of the strap and slightly touched the button, it worked but not if you pressed it in.

I had got it a little bit wet in a rain storm the day before so putting 2 and 2 together, I thought it could be water damage. 

I put it in some dry rice for a couple of days and after the button was working fine.

Hopefully this helps

Best Answer

Issue is with the back button........ in order to perform a reset you need to press and hold the back and select button for 10 second....... however this cannot be accomplished due to the nack button not working. 

Best Answer

@MacPipo have you tried pressing the buttons while the Blaze is out of its frame? 

Best Answer

I solved the problem and put the resolve on the post. I put it in dry rice for 48 hours to draw moisture out of the blaze, and it has worked perfect since

Best Answer
0 Votes