Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I purchased the Blaze yesterday, if I was to click on any of the other options I cannot exit out of it to get back to the clock face. I've tried pushing the 'back' button and other buttons and it stays in that setting until I change the clock face and it syncs. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or do I have a dud?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

I tried reaching out when it happened to me after just a few weeks of purchasing my blaze. The person wasn’t very helpful. The new Fitbit looks cool, but moving to Apple due to poor service.

Best Answer

Same problem with the left (back) button. And the screen flashes. I was sent a replacement that worked great for 90 days, then it stopped holding a charge for more than 12 hours. It's hard to buy a new one when I have so little faith in the quality of the product. 

Best Answer

I wouldn't buy another FitBit after my experience with them. They wanted me to send them a video of me trying to reset it, but the site wouldn't let me upload the video. There was no way of resetting my Blaze, since the button wasn't working. Also, I was never offered a replacement, even though I was under warranty. Purchase at your own risk.

Best Answer

Same here. Button works when turning on. Looks like a firmware bug rather than a home button failing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

I do agree that it looks more a software bug than a hardware problem since, once the watch is off, pressing the home button wakes it up.

In family we have two blaze and Aria scale. Both blaze have problems and Fitbit support basically told us: it's your problem (they offered us 25% if we buy a new one).

As far as Aria scale, it has an accuracy of +/- 3 pounds. You can weight yourself 10 times in a row and the result is in a 6 pounds range. Well, you can imagine how useful it is when you are on a diet and you want to measure your progress.

The blaze were good a long as they worked. Mine was 2 months after warranty expired and the Fitbit customer support had no mercy. Well, it means that they feel established and they are just interested in getting new customers rather than rewarding who has been buying their products since years (we have plenty of other trackers).

Bye, bye Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello @ConteDiMoka you say it seems to be a software problem not hardware, but then mention that when removed from the case, the buttons on the Blaze work fine. 

The software does not know that the unit is not in it's case

Best Answer

Hello @Rich_Laue

When the watch is off as turned off / shut down / powered down, not when it is off (as removed from / disconnected from) the case. 

Pressing the home button wakes it up / restarts / powers on the watch. Therefore, it is not an hardware problem.

Sorry English is not my primary language. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My back button doesn’t work when the unit is powered on. The unit is fully functional otherwise. The real interesting part here is that when the unit is shut off I can use the back button to start the device. The button itself is functional, but once the device is on there must be an issue with the software not allowing it to be utilized for its “go back function” I don’t understand how this couldn’t and hasn’t been fixed with a simple update, or just allowing you to swipe backward on the touch screen... it almost seems like they want me to buy a new watch instead of continuing to use the one I paid over $200 for 2 years ago .....  any help in fixing the watch I formerly loved would Be appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BButler have you tried pressing the back button while the Blaze is removed from it's frame?

Did this start with the last firmware update? I can't remember or fine how long ago this was.

For now the best may be to contact Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi Rich,

Yes I have tried pushing the back button while in a frame, out of the Frame, upside down, and any other configuration. If I progress into and sub screen I am stuck there unable to use the back button to get back to the watch face. I can go in the app and change the watch face while it is stuck, and it will bring me back to the new face once it loads. When I shut down the device, the back button works perfectly to turn the device on, but once the device loads up, the back button stops functioning. It does not wake it up from sleep, or go back to previous screens.

My Fitbit app says that it has version 8.402.1 I have looked pretty thoroughly to see if there are any new updates, but have not seen a way either on device or in app signifying any new updates.

Let me know. I’d love to start wearing this again as I enjoyed it very much while it was operating successfully.

Thanks,

Brandon
Best Answer

Hello @BButler I went to the help link, found below, .Typed in the search term of "what's new" and found this document, which tells that your former is up to date.

What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

Find out which feature enhancements and bug fixes are available for your device.

My thought was since you feel this was introduced with the last firmware update, I was wondering if your former was up to date, since I know several Blaze users, and have a Blaze myself, and the back button works correctly.

BTW what did support respond with, our are you still waiting for their response?

Best Answer
I looked at the link, but it didn’t really provide any useful information
for the problem. I tried doing the 3 time manual sync to see if that had
any effect, but unfortunately it did not.

Support basically said the device is no longer under warranty. At that
point our conversation was that the button itself was not working. Since
that conversation I have found that it works perfectly fine to turn the
device on regularly without fail. The issue is only when the device is
running. Their answer was that it is outside of warranty so they won’t do
anything. They did offer like 20% off a new device though. A decent
gesture, but why would I buy another device when I am having some clear
software issues with my current device that for some reason can not be
resolved. It would be one thing if I broke it due to negligence or
accidental damage, but the unit is in perfect order seeing that the back
button does work flawlessly (only when turned off)....

Let me know what you think. Or if there is anything we can do here.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They also have me the run around, even while under warranty. No thanks!! Never buy their products ever again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys, good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@BButler, I'm very sorry about that. I'm not sure this is something caused by the last firmware or app udate. It sounds like this would have something to do with the actual button.

I checked with our Support Team and it seems they asked you for a proof of purchase in order to get your tracker replaced. If you could send that back to them, they will be happy to continue assisting you with this.

@Manny_5, did you recently contact Fitbit or was it a while ago? I spoke with our Support Team but couldn't find any recent case under your user.

If you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
This was a while ago, while I was still under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

FerdinandFitBit,

I bought the device in December 2016. I doubt I would be able to track down the receipt at this point. 

If you can work with the developers to remedy the issue, that would be great. A bug fixing update/patch would probably do the job. Or just have an on touch screen swipe gesture allow you to navigate backward in screens would work just the same. ?? Are developers still working on keeping the Blaze firmware up to date??

If the company would like to (instead) send me a new blaze or comparable new product, I would be very grateful and glad to continue to support the company moving forward. If not, I will be taking my business elsewhere. 

Thanks for the help. Just let me know either way. 

Bbutler

Best Answer

My blaze has had the same back button issue for ages. It does not work at all once it has started up but if I shutdown using the option in settings I can always turn it back on using the single 'back' button every time I try. I agree, this seems like a software issue otherwise it would not work at any time. Having contacted Fitbit support they were unable to help and also offered a discount for a new device, but why would I spend so much on a new device as to me it's clearly an issue with software? I have not been able to find any 'fix' anywhere. If you were able to do a hard reset without having to use that button it might help but am unable to try this.. an option in the app would be good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JezF a hard reset is when the tracker is shutdown, this can be done without pressing any buttons through the setting menu on the Blaze.

The two button reset is called a soft reset because the Blaze never powers off.

Have contacted support?

Best Answer

Hi , mine no longer works either , funnily enough when I can manage to **ahem** it down the left button will start up the Fitbit blaze but that’s it. I don’t think it’s the button somehow. Can anyone give me advice , my blaze is two years old, I know it’s out of warranty but still I think that’s not acceptable for such an expensive device. 

Best Answer

FerdinandFitBit,

I have exactly the same issue as BButler on my Blaze (FW version 17.8.402.1) and think the Blaze just needs a simple firmware update to:

1) Fix the buttons to work properly as they are intended to do.

2) Add the swipe option to go back instead of relying on the buttons all the time.

Just wondering if there have been any firmware updates to fix this issue. Many thanks.

Best Answer