Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I purchased the Blaze yesterday, if I was to click on any of the other options I cannot exit out of it to get back to the clock face. I've tried pushing the 'back' button and other buttons and it stays in that setting until I change the clock face and it syncs. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or do I have a dud?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

That is right!
Happens the same thing to me, 

I cant go back, unless if I connect to the charger, then the Screen change to Battery Charging. and then back to show the Time.
When you turn it off. the Main Button works to Turn it On, but that's it. 
WEIRD!
I thought was a software Issuel.. but here in Fitbit no information...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing - to get it to go back to watchface you can either reset to another watchface, let it sync and then change back to your normal watchface or even easier - drop the pebble into the charger but not shut the lid - take it straight back out of charger and your watch will be back to watchface (charger does need to be powered up to do this)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Button won't work but you can do this - Hold left hand button down and swipe screen to the right. That takes you back to watchface

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.

It’s a shame that a software issue (for sure it is) and it’s not getting fixed because the product is discontinued; whereas some older devices are supported (or were supported at the time).

I guess I won’t care to reach out to support, after having seen past responses here.

Bye bye, Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fethi,

I moved to an Iwatch shortly after posting that but I did find the workaround got over the problem if you are to carry on using the Blaze - Here it is:

Button won't work but you can do this - Hold left hand button down and swipe screen to the right. That takes you back to watchface

That should sort you out ok

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Fhitbit, I found out that myself already, but given the device is supposed to be a watch, it shouldn’t be that hard to see the time, right? 🙂

By the way, it’s just came to me - shouldn’t there be a new motive here for more sustainability?

If the manufacturer decides to discontinue their product, they must be required to make that device’s firmware open source! In our case, we’ve got a fully working hardware but we’re forced to buy new ones only because of there is a software issue.

This is caused by the manufacturers urge to compete aggressivey with each other; they release different products frequently (every year) and therefore they discontinue their products frequently to drive sales.

If you can’t fix your own mess, then at least let the wider community do it so we can use these devices more and avoid these devices go to waste.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a restart @SunsetRunner 

Or tried the buttons with the outside of its case? 

Why would a software issue only show up, after years of service? It has been a few years since the last update 

Best Answer
0 Votes