Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had trouble synching my Blaze to my phone recently. 

I have done all the things listed In "why isn't my Blaze synching" and nothing helps. Some days it will just sporadically synch, but then not again for days after.

I log in to try synch and after about 20 mins of it saying device not found, I just give up and try the next day. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JimStepper, welcome here. I appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting the syncing difficulties between your Blaze and your iPhone. 

We’re aware that some customers may experience syncing issues after updating their iPhone to iOS 13.  Note that we are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

If you've followed all the steps provided in the article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? I'd suggest trying the following:

- Open Settings app on phone
- Scroll down, tap Fitbit -> Toggle Location to 'Always'
- Ensure toggles next to Bluetooth and Background App Refresh are turned ON

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @AmzyAmy, thanks for stopping by and taking the time troubleshoot the syncing difficulties prior to contacting us. Nice way to go! 

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

I'd like you to confirm if you've followed all the steps provided in the help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If so, let's try turning off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

Please give the steps above a try to improve syncing with your tracker. Keep me posted, I'll be around. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like the previous user, I have tried all the steps listed to sync; Multiple times. I’m familiar with my Blaze and haven’t had issues syncing since I’ve owned it, 2+ years. 

Ive been syncing with the Fitbit app for years on my iPhone 8 and since last week, it won’t sync on my iPhone. I found a work around on Saturday morning. I installed the Fitbit app on my Microsoft tablet, logged in and was able to sync with the tablet.

I am running iOS 13.3, the latest update for my iPhone. Is this the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

But my Blaze still isn’t syncing or updating to the Fitbit app on my iPhone 8, iOS 13.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JimStepper, welcome here. I appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting the syncing difficulties between your Blaze and your iPhone. 

We’re aware that some customers may experience syncing issues after updating their iPhone to iOS 13.  Note that we are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

If you've followed all the steps provided in the article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? I'd suggest trying the following:

- Open Settings app on phone
- Scroll down, tap Fitbit -> Toggle Location to 'Always'
- Ensure toggles next to Bluetooth and Background App Refresh are turned ON

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for you quick response. 
After checking the 3 settings on my iPhone for the Fitbit that you suggested, I had to change location setting to “Always”. 
The Bluetooth and background app refresh were already toggled “on”. 
After that, I powered my phone off and back on. 
My Blaze and Fitbit iPhone app are now syncing!

Thank you Marre!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @JimStepper. I'm glad to hear that the steps provided worked for you. 😉

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the steps you list in your response to no avail. It's a struggle to get my Blaze to synch once, let alone all day. My device is up-to-date, all the phone settings are as you describe and my phone is listed in the compatible device chart. Is the tech team working on this? Is FitBit sun-downing the Blaze? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MiMiBing, thanks for stopping by and following the steps I provided above and for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Best Answer

It worked when I powered my phone off and back on. Made the difference! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes