Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Heart Rate data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since data is ours, would think it would be a good idea to allow users to export heart rate data vs recording mode eg: sleep, exercise, etc. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Rus94. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks for sharing your suggestion on this! I was taking a look at two different feature suggestions that are similar to what you're suggesting.

The first one is "Combine Sleep and Heart Rate Date for Better Sleep Analysis" which seems not to be currently planned.

The second one is "Add Heart Rate Data to Export" which seems to be under consideration, so you can take a look at it and add your vote and any comments you may have there and hopefully we can have something like that implemented soon.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hey there @Rus94. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks for sharing your suggestion on this! I was taking a look at two different feature suggestions that are similar to what you're suggesting.

The first one is "Combine Sleep and Heart Rate Date for Better Sleep Analysis" which seems not to be currently planned.

The second one is "Add Heart Rate Data to Export" which seems to be under consideration, so you can take a look at it and add your vote and any comments you may have there and hopefully we can have something like that implemented soon.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I fully agree with the export of bpm. I it is a very, very important value that I need. So far I have to get some of them by hand. As it is our data, I would appreciate very much your help getting this included in all the exports.

Many of us want to have it but don't report it in the community, saying that Fitbit may just ignore it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Best Answer

I have found that my resting bpm clearly reflects my physical condition. It should be possible to download all fundamental data like time with pulse in zone 1 to 4, resting pulse, hours slept, steps and calories burned.

Best Answer

The only data that would technically be ours is whatever the tracker records.  Time in zone, hours and type of sleep, etc are all calculated by fitbit, thus I would presume it is not ours.  Ours would be steps, HR, tracker movement(?), and we would apply our own algorithms to derive at any other type of data, like sleep apnea, anxiety attack.

heartrate data is exportable in TCX format if a recorded activity also included GPS information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All data Fitbit has about you, raw or calculated data is yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really need heart rate data export. I'd like to take it to my cardiologist when I see her.

I do see a graph in one of the exercise logs, but can't export or change scale on chart.

Best Answer

I think we need to find out why Fitbit refuses to provide our data.  We need more people connect to this important issue for Fitbit to respond with a positive answer , there are thousands of users that wants the feature,  put not in the same petition/forum 

Best Answer

My cardiologist agrees this would be a great data export feature. She also asked if the Fitbit wearer gets an alert upon entering "dangerous heart rate zones". I told her "No".

I recall that the older PulseHRMs used to do that.

Best Answer

If you perform an activity that has GPS information, then the data is exportable and you can extract the heart rate.  Either use connected GPS and record an activity from the tracker where it assume you are going places, or from the fitbit app, start recording a MobileRun session.  That activity session will merge the GPS location with the heartrate information provided by the tracker during that session, and could be exported in TCX format (which is in XML).  Data is recorded each second, and each record looks like below, where you just extract the Time and HeartRateBpm values

<Track>
                    <Trackpoint>
                        <Time>2018-06-13T08:48:57.000+12:00</Time>
                        <Position>
                            <LatitudeDegrees>-89.98096797943115</LatitudeDegrees>
                            <LongitudeDegrees>-139.26666547199249</LongitudeDegrees>
                        </Position>
                        <AltitudeMeters>2837.3079999814681686</AltitudeMeters>
                        <DistanceMeters>0.0</DistanceMeters>
                        <HeartRateBpm>
                            <Value>92</Value>
                        </HeartRateBpm>
                    </Trackpoint>

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the workaround.

I don't want "every second data".
Is XML easily exported to XLS for spreadsheets?
Or do you know of any inexpensive data analytics programs that do XML?

I'd like to watch my heart rate during sleep periods, so I'd have to say I
was doing exercise (Mobile Run)?

Thank you again.

Frank (mislabeled as Jogger)
Walker
Best Answer

Do you know of other users that maybe interested in the same feature of exporting heart bpm data for personal use? If that's the case,  maybe we could share with them this feature request.  Probably Fitbit would be more receptive if more people voice their interest in this health data. 

Best Answer
Do they have a Facebook or Twitter page? We could publish request there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ftyminski, there are plenty of online XML to CSV or Excel converters.  Here is one:

http://www.convertcsv.com/xml-to-csv.htm

I usually just write something quick in any scripting language to extract the 2 time/heartrate from that data, where I can get average, max, or min of every 10 sec, etc.

You will have to Start MobileRun session, and be sure to enable GPS on your phone.  You probably have to plug in your phone so that the GPS/MobileRun don't drain the battery on that looong exercise session where you are sleeping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing fine. I also think that having an option to export the heart rate information would be great and as recommended by our friend @FerdinandFitbit, please take a look at the Add Heart Rate Data to Export (and more than 30 days of data) request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Keep the stepping up. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I agree heart rate should one of those items should be allowed to be exported in the xls file and more than 30 days of data. One of the reasons I purchased the unit was to monitor heart rate for my heart doctor. Not being able to down load or provide data is making me look at other devices.

Best Answer

Can you give me the status on being able to export heart rate data? I'm considering fitbit to help track my AFIB, but I need to know my heart rate data in real time.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fitbit charge 2 and I can not export any heart rate data. I hope that the fitbit will deliver this option in the near future. If not I will probably look into any device that does.

Best Answer

Hey @Rus94@ftyminski@phatbitzr, and @Chackbay I created an application called Pulse Watch that allows you to export your heart rate data to .csv and it will also create a basic visualization for you. The detail level of the data depends on the time range you choose to export. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or feature requests!

Check out Pulse Watch !

Pulse Watch, export your Fitbit heart rate data
https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html
Best Answer