Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth (Classic) Incorrect Pin or Passkey Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has been the subject of numerous threads, but there's always an eerie silence from the administrators about this specific issue, so I'm checking to see if the problem has actually been solved.  Bluetooth (Classic) won't pair with my Droid Turbo 2 for music control.  The phone says it can't pair because of an incorrect PIN or passkey.  Neither the Blaze nor the phone display a PIN or code, the phone just stops the pairing process and gives me the error message.  I am NOT trying to sync the tracker with the low energy bluetooth.  The tracker and my phone are synced and it actually did display a PIN while doing that through the Fitbit app.  This problem is just when attempting to pair Bluetooth (Classic) for music control through the bluetooth settings menu on my phone.  The tracker is set to pair, and it is showing up as a bluetooth device on my phone.  It just isn't pairing or showing a pin/passkey to enter or accept. I have restarted and reinstalled the app, the phone, and the tracker.  I have stood on one foot while rubbing my belly any patting my head and singing Abbey Road backwards.  I swear to god if one of you tells me I'm probably trying to sync the tracker, that bluetooth classic is only for music control, or that I need to to this through the bluetooth settings menu I am going to return the thing with a long rant about how terrible this product is.  Please help.  Thanks. 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

I have a druid turbo and am experiencing the same issue. If you happen to find a fix, please post, and I'll do the same. Been looking for a few days now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Split539 and @Jibrinz welcome to the Community!

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. If you're receiving an "Incorrect Pin or Password" error, chances are you're trying to set up your device using Bluetooth settings instead of the Fitbit app. Please confirm you are doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I've already tried that. I don't get notifications either. It's been reset and I've tried all the info provided by fitbit, but it still does not work. 

Best Answer

I just tried doing this and it failed 3 times. 

Restarted the blaze and tried again, it worked. You could also try restarting the phone. 

Turn blaze classic to oair

Search on phone

The code should display on both the tracker and phone. 

Iris important to accept on the blaze first, then the phone. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @Jibrinz and @Rich_Laue for stopping by.

I would like to know if you have followed our friend's recommendation? If you haven't, please try those steps.

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

No! You didn't answer my question!  You've just given the same answer that you have given for every other post on this subject.  It's obvious that neither of you read my actual question. How could my phone be synced with the low energy Bluetooth if I hadn't set it up through the app? I specifically said that wasn't the issue! I specifically said I had already done that and it actually displayed a password when it was supposed to. I said I had restarted it, reinstalled it, etc.  Seriously?

Pay attention to these words, which I also specifically said: I was trying to pair the Bluetooth classic with my already synced tracker for music control. Your product has software or firmware compatibility issues with the Droid Turbo/Turbo2 and probably a dozen other Droid products that don't allow it to pair for music control.  I went through this same issue on the phone, and got the same reaction as you are giving me.  Until you acknowledge this as an actual problem, you are going to have a lot of unhappy customers.  I have returned the Fitbit with extreme prejudice because of this customer service experience, and I'm usually a pretty laid back guy.

Moderator edit: Format

Thanks.

Best Answer

Can I give a thumbs down to this response?  How is it that moderators for fitbit can vote this as a good response before they've ever seen whether it applies to the original post.    

Best Answer

I'm not sure who your upset with. I did find your first post rather cryptic. 

I'm not trying to sync through Bluetooth low energy, sorry that is the only way to sync. With only 3 of the 12 sentences about your problem, yes I was trying to read between the weeds.. 

As for my answer I was simply describing what worked for me, restarting the tracker and phone. And after a few tries the pin did show up. 

Best Answer

wrote:

Hey there @Split539 and @Jibrinz welcome to the Community!

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. If you're receiving an "Incorrect Pin or Password" error, chances are you're trying to set up your device using Bluetooth settings instead of the Fitbit app. Please confirm you are doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Why do "support" moderators just regurgitate canned messages that DO NOT apply to the topic at hand?

Best Answer

And on that not, this problem still exists with my blaze and new ones on ALL Android devices.   I could only get the blazes to pop up a pairing request on an iOS device. So this tells me that your engineers have broken something.  It had worked in the past. While I was on Marshmallow.

A non-canned reply would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Same problem here, tried the steps mentioned until I was blue in the face....Nothing seems to work....Did I waste my money on Fitbit?

Best Answer

I find that I have to accept the code on the Blaze first, then the phone. 

@SunsetRunner iIassume your referring to the Bluetooth classic. Which is what the thread started with. 

Best Answer

I spent the better part of an hour on tech support today trying to fix this....My Blaze would show a 4 digit code when trying to pair..(Needs 6 digits)After a lot of messing around trying to pair the 6 digit code came up on my phone and on my blaze. I hit ok on the phone and it paired........................Seems there is some real problems with fitbit and pairing at least with the Droid Turbo....Finally mine is paired.

Best Answer

I've been hours trying to fix sync issues.  It had been 3 days since my fitbit had last synced. All the stats were incorrect.  I tried taking the device out its holder and cleaning the terminals. I un-installed the app and in-stalled again and I turned my phone on and off and hey Presto it worked and it synced again at last. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

This does NOT work. Won't pair, won't recognize new device, can't reset what the hell. Android Moto Fitbit has paired and sync. But it went dead I charge and now no connection. 

You guys need to fix this problem or provide a solution. I contacted chat and that was lame as it gets. HELP

Best Answer

The Fitbit service center is busy, please try again later. But it's ALWAYS busy. Can't download critical updates. 

Best Answer

Are you trying to pair the Blaze Classic so that it can controll the music playing on your phone? This is what this thread is about. 

If your trying to connect the Blaze to your Fitbit account, then we are in the wrong thread. The Blaze Low Energy can not be paired to the phone by the user, but is paired to the phone by the Fitbit app. This happens after the user has connected the Blaze to their Fit it account. 

Sorry but the above steps mentioned will not help with a sync issue. 

@Split539. once the Fitbit device is setup to your Fitbit account, it is up to the Fitbit app to pair the Blaze Bluetooth Low Energy to the phone. 

As for setting up the tracker to the users account, Fitbit doesn't care how the user does this. For me I set it up 3 phones ago and have never set it up again.. 

@QuinnLeo. the subject of this thread is about the Blaze Bluetooth Classic. When it comes to iOS the blaze Classic is disabled since everything happens through the Bluetooth Low Energy. 

On android the Fitbit app is not responsible for pairing the Blaze Classic. Which has nothing to do with syncing. If your having a sync issue, please start a new thread describing your problems. This really is be musical to all since the current thread will not be confused by a hijacker. 

Best Answer
Thanks for reply. I also cannot get my Fitbit to sync with my fitness app
or my endmondo sports app. This has always been a problem !!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your tracker will not sync with third party apps. Third party apps sync with your Fitbit account 

For Endomondo

Im not sure what my fitness app is, are you referring to MyFitnessPal

If after connecting the third party sites to your Fitbit, if you are still having issues please reach out to them. 

Best Answer