Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Charge Display Incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the battery charge indicator? I left it charging for a while, and the indicator only showed 1/2 charged which I knew was not right. I restarted and it correctly showed 3/4.

Then later I knew it was fully charged, but it was still showing close to being charged. When I resarted, it instantly said fully charged.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @dmason508 very welcome to the Community and also the Blaze team! Smiley LOL Let me share with you this article, in order to fix this issue:  "My tracker's battery isn't charging"

Let me know how it goes! 

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
The Charge HR has that issue too. If I charge my Charge HR and sync it with app the battery status won't change. I usually have to kill the app and restart it and then it works
Best Answer
I charged mine all night & when I synced it this morning, the battery indicator is medium. I also read the article & reset it but that had no affect, my app still says medium but my blaze shows a full battery.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Kjohnsonokla and that is a great tip @Rescue141x, thanks for join us! Smiley LOL
@Kjohnsonokla have you tried @Rescue141x's tip?. However, if that doesn't work, try to double check the charging on your tracker, to do so, go to http://fitbit.link/1PFCTp5 and in addition to prevent battery drain please take a look on this article: fitbit.link/1yqi6OS. However, if the issue persist, I would love to investigate this issue, to do so, please sync your tracker and after that take and send screenshot of your devices page.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around!

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not one of all the Fitbit devices including the Surge, Charge HR or Blaze even predictably indicated the correct charge. How hard could that be.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @TarinFitbit, but I don't have an issue with charging. It is just the display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for clarifying @dmason508, in that case, I recommend to contact Customer Support, they will be more than happy to get you back on track.

@SunsetRunner is nice to have you here! If you are having issues with your Fitbit tracker, please reply with as many details of the issue you are experiencing as possible and let me help you. Smiley Wink

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and was told by customer service that my history showed the device was fully charged at a certain time even though it was still showing 1 blue line short of a full charge, for 3 hours!!.  I was told it would not be a problem with the functionality of the device but not to charge it for more than 2 hours to prevent furhter battery issues. HMMMM....... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ibelieve1968 thanks for join us on this thread and also for sharing the info from Customer Support. Smiley Happy Actually, they recommend to charge Fitbit trackers for 1-2 hours, because if you charge your tracker for more than 2 hours every time, you can overheat the battery and that can cause battery issues. However, let me share with you this article "How do I maximize my tracker's battery life?" so you can improve the battery on your tracker.

Keep me posted, I'll be aware! Smiley Wink 

Best Answer

The first time I charged the Blaze it worked flawlessly. Every time since I have had an incorrect charging indicator issue that you are experiencing. Regardless of what the indicator is displaying I remove the Blaze from the charger after 1.5 hours. In order to get the Blaze to reflect the charge I reset it and it works perfectly and all my settings are unaffected by the reset. It's a quirk that will probably get fixed by a firmware update sooner or later. 

Best Answer

That is a great idea @gsmith11, thanks for join us and share your tips. I'll share it when someone needs it! Smiley LOL  

How are you guys? Your tracker is working properly now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

concerning charging problems I'd suggest using a USB power supply with less current, for example your PC's or your Laptop's USB 3.0 port.

Devices like the Blaze use a power circuit that controls current to protect the battery. If there's a charge current that is too high for the momentary state of the battery, that circuit cuts off the charging current completely before the battery is fully charged. The appropriate device might even signal a fully charged battery even though it isn't.

Charging lithium batteries with a lower current might take longer but will prevent their lifetime and result in more charging cycles.

Regards

Stefan

Stefan | Google PE, Fitbit
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Mine does the same when charging. I have to take it out and snap back in to get correct reading. Have to do it several times throughout charge. Very aggravating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Pepygirl. I would like to know if you keep having problems with your Blaze's battery? If you do, please take a look at this post, where you will be able to find some steps to follow and fix this inconvenience. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for info but that is not my post. The problems I have had is
Bluetooth issues with blaze and charge 2. Fitbit support was great and up
and running so far. When you unpair, and reset everything, you have to hold
Fitbit in for 15 seconds to get factory reset on charge 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine was dead but app showed it was yellow charge so definitely something wrong turning on didn't fix not sure why it doesn't fix itself. Problem is frequent unsure how to fix. I do same though typically close and reopen app to get an accurate reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes