Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain/Notifications - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/3/2017

Our team is still actively investigating the root cause of this battery drain with Blaze and the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. I'm sorry that many of you are still having issues with a shorter battery life, but rest assured this is being looked at as high-priority for our team. My apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you all for your patience! I will provide an update as soon as there is more information available. In the meantime, please continue manually syncing your Blaze trackers only when needed. This will help preserve the battery-life.

Fitbit Update: 08/14/2017

Hi everybody!

Thanks for reporting your experiences with a rapid battery drain on Blaze trackers and your Android device - Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+. Our team is aware this is affecting Blaze users and they are investigating the root cause. I will update this thread when there is more information available. 

As a temporary workaround, turn OFF "Always Connected" and the "All-Day sync" features. Make sure to manually sync your devices at least once a day.

Thanks for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
743 REPLIES 743

I have updated app no difference for me.. still cant get call or message, email etc notifications to my Blaze since updating ph to samsung s8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would be nice to also get notifications.. like calls, messages, email etc..  so far no good on samsung s8... Ill get rid of the blaze soon if this isnt sorted soon.. Iwas thinking about the new tracker but so far im not sure if that would be wise at this rate. Did love the blaze for awhile with old phone at least..  Battery drain and now no notifications.. not very happy so far with fitbit.. do love my phone though. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is now becoming quite bizarre. Updated to 17.8.401.3 last week and there has been a massive improvement after 3 months of nothing.

1. Battery lasted almost 60 hours

2. Notifications all working

3. All day sync is on

4. GPS tracking working fine.

So why doesn't it work for everyone? We really need Fitbit to provide an explanation

BTW I bought a Samsung Gear Fit 2 which has been fine until an S8 software update a couple of weeks ago and now I'm getting less than 18 hour battery...bit of deja vu here but if anyone is thinking of changing be aware of this. 

Best Answer

Further to my note above I've now spoken to Samsung Support who advise there is a known compatibility issue between the Gear Fit2 and the S8 although it doesn't affect all users. I'll be seeking a refund for mine but once again, suggest folks don't jump too quickly for a new tracker as it looks like this issue is wider than just Blaze.

Best Answer

Do we have a date of a future release to resolve the battery issue for the blaze?

Best Answer

I got rid of my Blaze and kept my S8.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

There's actually an update for the blaze. I am getting notification on my iOS now but too bad; I no longer be able to test it against the Galaxy s8 Plus.

Switched back to my iPhone 5SE and seems to be working after the device update.

Best Answer
Well the worst thing here my fellow victims is this is not a self help
group. This is a fitbit forum and I see no response from the company at
all. Not a hey it's a top priority like they did in July. I know sure as
he'll if I told my boss who gives me money that I'd get right on it as a
top priority that I wouldn't get to sit on my butt for 3 months knowing
there is an issue and not drop a line or two
Best Answer

I also have the new Samsung 8. I called last week about my battery draining and now I get NO charge. Can't even use my blaze. I was never told there is a problem with the battery life syncing with the S8 I was just sent a 25% coupon to buy a new blaze....really! I paid $200 for this one. It should last more than a year. Very disappointed! 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Kmar13pe wrote:

I also have the new Samsung 8. I called last week about my battery draining and now I get NO charge. Can't even use my blaze. I was never told there is a problem with the battery life syncing with the S8 I was just sent a 25% coupon to buy a new blaze....REALLY!!! I paid $200 for this one. It should last more than a year. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

This happen too me once,  put it on the charger a few minutes (10 or 15),  then hold the buttons for a reboot,  you want see anything,  just keep holding for a minute,  then charge,  then repeat, after a couple of trys,  all of a sudden I saw a reboot, and then the battery was low,  but showed recharging,  then it fully charged . I have not seem it since . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off a tech support chat session and they said that their tech team was looking into it and they'd let me know as soon as they had an answer. No talk of an update even being in the works. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - tried it but there is nothing!! Black screen because it is probably totally dead and wont charge. I tried holding all 3 buttons. BUMMER!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I think it's over.   It (Blaze) worked for about a week then while it was getting a charge on yesterday;  the screen had what appeared to be an overheating warning.  It wasn't even warm and it had only been plugged in for 15 minutes!  Thanks for nothing Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is officially on the way out.  Worked great for over a year, them in the course of a little over a week needs to be charged 2-3 times a day.

Best Answer

I almost smashed mine with a Hammer.  Though I continued to wear it even if the charge lasted 15 minutes.  Also wore my regular watch at the same time. After three weeks of charging and charging etc....I believe it is actually having trouble with the connection to my iPhone.  Very convenient for Fitbit as they are advertising the new and approved Blaze iconic.  Now where was I, yes I believe my Blaze is now connecting to my phone. Before on the dash my battery for the blaze was always full I had no idea when it would go out.  Today is the first day my dash on my iPhone shows half life left on my battery.  We shall see.  🍎 next!!!!!

Best Answer

I also wanted to mention I took very good care of this tracker.  I've only had it 13 months. 

Tammy~

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and took my old Surge out of the drawer, charged it, and it works great.  So now my Blaze is now a glorified paper weight.

Best Answer

Find some of my old comments, I have been dealing with the Blaze only sort of working between some and most of the time since I bought it. And now, since the S8 release and April FW update, it works almost never.  If yours is working today, don't expect that it will still be working tomorrow or next week. For any of you people who are saying "hey, give them a break, everyone has these issues."  I would say that most other products do not have these level of issues for this long and and have the company remain nearly silent.  Since this has been a problem since at least the day the S8 was released, wouldn't you have at least expected that they would have identified the cause and potential solutions by now and communicated that to their thousands of frustrated customers who are just waiting to save up enough money to ditch FB forever and buy something else?  Leads me to think perhaps that it is not technically possible to fix it, and we are all left stranded.

Also, we all understand that electronic products can't be expected to remain fully functional forever. Someday the original Apple Watch will not work with the current iPhone, we all get that.  But in this case the bleeding-edge Blaze has become non-functional within 13 months. That is a little tough pill to swallow.

Best Answer

So thoroughly disappointed as my Blaze was replaced once already after going through these motions. Now I get 1 1/2 to 2 days max....with all recommended settings as prescribed on my S8....

Had original device since Feb 5 and that was replaced in July due to battery life issues. After submitting logs and waiting almost a month I received my new device which as stated above only lasts 1 1/2 to 2 days before needing the cradle.

You guys have a real problem....address it like a real company!!!!!

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170919-154107.jpg

App keeps updating, but still not getting notifications 😕

Best Answer