Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit blaze was gifted to me about 2 years ago. I practically live in it. Suddenly it went black screen, and I was able to reset. Now when it needs a charge I have to be sure it doesn't go black screen, to take a charge. Charged over night, only had 90% this morning, and 2 hours later it was at 75% after getting into work. Please help. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Ck1alonzo, welcome to the Community Forums! It's a pleasure to assist you today.

Let me share with you that the battery of our Blaze device was designed to last 5 days but this also depends on how frequently you use it’s features. That said, I recommend you charging your Fitbit device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much. After doing so, please this help article for more tips and recommendations.

Such article includes as restart process that will refresh device's performance.

Keep me posted, I’ll be right here if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit Isn't it possible that all the issues that fitbit is having with the blaze could be decreasing the battery life?

1. If using an iphone the blaze continues to vibrate after answering a call. That little blaze battery has to provide enough power to keep it vibrating for the entire call these days! Wouldn't that cause the battery to drain faster?

2. The mobile apps for fitbit now require 24/7 access to our location and the increased "background app usage" that has randomly started since fitbit is logging into our trackers 24/7 now  wouldn't that decrease the battery life? 

Best Answer

I don't use notifications on mine other than the location, and movement reminders. Battery didn't start draining til after I got the black screen of death, and reset the device. I wore it 3 hours and it is already from 100%, and it took 2 days charge to get it all the way there, down to 85. Draining faster than it's charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ck1alonzo The recent fitbit app updates now requires you to have your location set to "always"  It started recently with the iphone, but i think it started with Android 6.0. Essentially what it's doing is turning your Blaze into a Fitbit Surge where your location is being tracked by fitbit 24/7. In that sense it would be expected to see a decrease in battery life. I don't agree with Fitbits action's just providing you an answer to the decrease in battery life.

I'm just as frustrated as you are!

@RicardoFitbit said that the fitbit Blaze battery was designed for 5 days use, but that was with the connected GPS option and doesn't take into consideration fitbits most recent actions

@LizzyFitbit might be able to provide more information regarding the setting change and why it's now "required"

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the FitBit moderators, why the change to require the location settings to Always? I have my settings set to "When using the app" which is my preference so now I have to go into settings before and after I want to use location settings and switch it to/from Always. I don't want FitBit tracking my every move at all times. I'm very concerned that Google is acquiring FitBit. They're the biggest data miner ever. I'm trying to decide if I'll keep my FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes