Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery Drain since 2.77 Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

SInce the 2.77 update my Blaze will not hold a charge more than a day.  I have power cycled it and fully charged it and that did not help...Any Thoughts?

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I am having the exact same problem and have tried restarting it and giving it a full overnight charge. This morning it went from showing a full 100% charge to completely dead before 10:00AM. 

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. I think it is possibly down to the firmware update not installing properly.

Does anybody know if the Blaze can be restored to factory defaults? If it can then the latest firmware could be re-installed, hopefully properly.

Best Answer

I've got the exact same problem.  It's driving me mad as I keep thinking I forgot to turn the plug on to charge! Any recommendations to solve the problem?

Best Answer

My wife and I have noticed the same issue on our Blaze trackers. Our battery life has been cut to less than half of what we were getting before the update.

i don’t know what Fitbit did but I hope they fix it soon. 

Best Answer

Same here - just went through the process to have it replaced because it's down to 25% after 5 hours.  However it sounds like I might get a refurbished one?  Wish I just waited a few more months and knew about the Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted support and they will not acknowledge their firmware broke both my trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting. I spoke with a colleague at work today who als has a Blaze. It
turns out that he is having problems with his phone and hasn't been able to
sync for a couple of weeks. So he doesn't have latest update installed and
he doesn't have any battery problem. I wonder if this is significant.
Incidentally, my battery life has improved a little. I now get about a day
and a half from a full charge. Last week it was about 4 hours. I deleted
then reinstalled the app and noticed an immediate improvement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have sent 9 messages to Fitbit starting 8/12/18 regarding the battery drain issue. My $300.00 Blaze is 18 months old so it is beyond the 12 Month Limited Warrenty. They have not offered to repair or replace the tracker but offered a 25% discount towards a new one.  This is unsatisfactory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was considering an upgrade to the Versa before this happened but now I’m researching other brands. 

Best Answer

And the 25% discount is only on select products not all of them!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Latest update on my Blaze.
I have deleted the app and then reinstalled it. I've then spent several
days repeatedly syncing and have noticed an improvement in battery life. I
now get around 30 hours from a fully charged battery, which is much better
than the 4 hours I was previously getting but still not satisfactory. I
think this is evidence of a software or firmware problem.
Ok Fitbit, what do you have to say about this?
I am thinking the time has come to replace my Blaze and have also been
researching alternatives. I'm seriously considering a product from Garmin.
Best Answer

I too have deleted and reinstalled the app  and am getting a little more life out of my battery.  Still not even close to what it was before the update.

I am very disappointed in how Fibit is handling this situation, I have always been a faithful customer for as long as I can remember and 25% off a new device doesn't feel like GOOD customer service to me....:(

Best Answer

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this. If you have already tried the steps in this post and your battery still not lasting, feel free to get in touch with our support team.

For a faster response you can contact them via chat and in the meantime, check our warranty policy.

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I don't understand how it was fine before update and now I am having battery issues, for a $300 investment, I would hope for more than a "sorry about your luck...".

Best Answer

Fitbit to users:

Don’t worry if our update bricks your device, our warranty will cover you unless, of course you’ve had it for more than a year, then, screw you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree- the response I received was that this was a software issue and that my device was not defective. So therefore Fitbit will not replace it but will work on a resolution.  Meanwhile my 1 year warranty will be up in November of this year.  How is this acceptable?  It is a known software issue that has nothing to do with anything that was done by the user- shouldn't that be covered by warranty for a replacement.  I don't get it.  Definitely Not happy with this type of customer support- 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Sure seems like they're just trying to force those with older devices to upgrade and spend more money. I think I'll look into Samsung...

Best Answer

Upgraded to 2.78 and my Fitbit is now usable again, however still not up to pre 2.77 battery life.

Battery life:

pre-2.77 with hrm on - ~40hrs

2.77 with hrm off - >12hrs

2.78 with hrm off - ~20hrs

so 2.78 is an improvement but there’s still something seriously wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 2.78 and nothing had improved. Can't hold a charge for 30 minutes..
even with all the options shut off.
So disgusted with this company and their response to this issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes