Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Bike, GPS completely off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Blaze now since the day it came out. I've worn it every day.

I bike a lot and I have used Strava on my droid phones (current S7) for years now. I run the same 16.7 mile route a lot. 

I run both Strava and the "bike" exercise connected to the same droid for map and distance.

I have had great dificulties in the past just getting the Blaze to connect to the phone for GPS. In 10+ rides, it has only done it successfully 3 times. Mostly it’s the usual “cant connect to phone” error that I eventually give up trying after 5 minutes. This is very bad.

The worst is that the Blaze tells me that my route is ~10 miles at like 10 mph in all 3.

I have at least 100 of these rides recorded by Strave at exactly 16.7 (usually ~15 mph) miles and this is the confirmed distance.

How can the Blaze be so off???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Starman2112, good to see you in our Community. The connected GPS feature works with your phone to deliver real-time activity stats like distance and pace during outdoor workouts. If the phone cannot maintained a stable connection with your Blaze to provide GPS data then your stats will be inaccurate.

Next, ensure that your GPS can continue tracking when your phone is locked: 

1. Open Settings and tap General.
  2. Tap Background App Refresh, find the Fitbit app, and make sure it is turned on.

Lastly, make sure your phone can identify your location:

1. Open Settings and tap Privacy.
  2. Tap Location Services and make sure it's turned on.
  3. Find Fitbit in the app list and make sure it's set to While Using the App or Always.

Hope this suggestions help you. Let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes