Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my Fitbit blaze bluetooth keeps disconnecting and doesn't automatically connect to my phone. I'm having to manually connect my blaze to my phone about 5 times a day. This happens either when I start to charge my phone or I part from my phone for a little bit

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

@Constantine249 since you have mentioned the phone several times and seem to feel this is where the problem is, please let us know what type of phone. 

I'm curious as to what you mean by " I'm having to manually connect my blaze to my phone about 5 times a day", normally this connect process can not be done manually and I'd the job if the app. 

Best Answer
Hi

I have the Xperia z5.

What I mean by manually connecting my blaze to my phone is that I have to
go into my Bluetooth devices on my phone and reconnect my blaze to my phone
about 5 times a day, because it keeps on disconnecting Bluetooth with my
phone (it disconnects and doesn't automatically reconnect).

This happens either when I charge my phone or I walk some distance away
from my phone with my Fitbit blaze then come back into the Bluetooth range.

In the past if I had to walk some distances away from my phone and come
back into the Bluetooth range, my phone would automatically connect my
blaze back to my phone.
Best Answer

What I'm trying to explain us that this is not the way to connect the tracker to your phone. Pairing the tracker up is the job of the app Farrington a sync. 

Do you have always connected enabled? 

Best Answer

It's the same with me.

I Have to use showdown to connect again, but it don't work always.

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @Constantine249@SavRomNie welcome to the Community and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having problems syncing your trackers? If you do, please follow the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. After these steps your trackers should sync without an inconvenience.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Yes I do. So how should I connect my Fitbit device?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I'm having the same problem! My Fitbit blaze loses connectivity with the Fitbit app as well as my iPhone 7 plus several times each day and it's getting extremely frustrating trying to go through all the troubleshooting procedures several times each day! I have had to pair my device with my phone as well as trying to pair it through the app. This works for an hour or two but then when I go onto the app later to look at my stats I see 'looking' above the little connectivity signal on the app and I know I have to go through it all again. It rarely syncs more than one or twice after troubleshooting. I've made sure my tracker software is updated as well as my iPhone software. I have deleted and downloaded the app again - all of it. Please tell me there's another permanent fix. It took me quite a long time yesterday for my blaze and iPhone to pair through the Fitbit app yesterday - I had to leave it and start again later. Thanks for any other guidance.

Best Answer

I have this exact problem as well and also with an iPhone 7... if you come up with any solutions please let me know 😀

Best Answer
I discovered this happens if my iPad is nearby and has Bluetooth switched on! Usually now if I turn off the Bluetooth on my iPad it solves the problem...I think it's because I used to have the Fitbit app on my iPad and sometimes (even though I have deleted it off the iPad) it updates and reinstalls... of course this might not be an issue with your Fitbit but it seems to have been the main problem with mine! Bluetooth confusion! Good luck!
Best Answer

@janette you say that you removed the app from the iPad, but have you removed the tracker from the iPad? 

To do this go into the iPad's Bluetooth settings and remove the Blaze from there. 

Fitbits Bluetooth like all other Bluetooth devices is only able to connect with one server at a time. Have you tried playing to cell phones through a single Bluetooth speaker at the same time? 

Best Answer

This advice worked instantaneously! Thank you very sincerely! As soon as I took off my Bluetooth on my iPad, my Fitbit connected with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm reconnecting my blaze many times each day. I'm not getting my notifications. I have a droid turbo 2 phone and sometimes it works to reboot my phone, shutdown and restart my blaze or both. Then there is the hard reset on the blaze, Fitbit app uninstall and reinstall. Many times it's Bluetooth on and off...I never know which solution will work on any given day. I've recently deleted my other Bluetooth devices. There goes my car, my earbuds...maybe there is Bluetooth competition? It's frustrating. Ready to return the dang thing! Fitbit please solve these issues!!

Best Answer

Me too with my iPhone 7 Plus..

Best Answer

My blaze fitbit keep discounting from the Bluetooth.  Many times a week.  I have a droid turbo 2 which is supposed to be compatible.  When I notice it is NOT connected. It takes my an act of congress to get it to connect again.  So frustrated.  Turn phone off, turn fit bit off and try over and over to get it to pair again.  Disconnect devise from Bluetooth and turn fit bit to pair. Over and over.  Sometimes takes 1 he or more to get it to connect again. So tired.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue here with iPhone 6. All was working great until the beginning of September. Now blaze appears to randomly unpair/stop syncing. Manually resetting the blaze sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. I wondered if something to do with CarPlay or pairing with bt in my car was interfering but this happens now even if I haven’t been near my car. All software has been updated - fitbit app and iOS. Maybe it’s the new iOS update 😜 Would appreciate if your Dev can look into this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Tracy- I have the same issue. Have you had any luck with resolving it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. Nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you've narrowed it down Tracey as this is exactly when my Fitbit started disconnecting - I updated my iPhone 6 and now it disconnects whenever I charge - at least that is when I believe it's happening.  I don't check it too often, but when I go to check my stats it's not connected to my phone anymore through bluetooth and I have nothing else for it to interfere with.

Has anyone found a solution or are we doomed to connect manually on a daily basis and try to remember to do so

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

I would like to know if you have take a look at my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend looking at it and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes