Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my Fitbit blaze bluetooth keeps disconnecting and doesn't automatically connect to my phone. I'm having to manually connect my blaze to my phone about 5 times a day. This happens either when I start to charge my phone or I part from my phone for a little bit

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Thanks for reaching out to us who are having problems, but I don't think you understood what perhaps we're all saying so I'll try again

No problems synching Fitbit with our devices - what it's doing now, especially for me with the latest iPhone software updates, is it's not STAYING synched.  It disconnects on it's own and we don't know it until we check stats or try to synch with our computers and update our daily journey that we find it isn't connected because it's not paired any longer.  At least that is what is happening to me.

So there is no probs with me synching - it's just it used to STAY synched and never disconnecting until recently.

Any ideas what is causing that AlejandraFitbit??  Thanks for your help if you can.  Mine's been stable for a couple of days and I haven't changed anything so hopefully it was a glitch in the system!

Best Answer

Ive had the same problem and its maddening. I have the Fitbit Blaze/iPhone 6 Plus with 11.0.3.  I went on a 25 mile bike ride with the goal of besting my previous ride by a few minutes. After arriving home from a very grueling and hilly ride, I discovered the Fitbit disconnected at the 6th mile mark. I cant tell you how incredibly frustrating that was. I notified Fitbit after a few more such incidents and the representative walked me through just about every possible remedy but to no avail. They sent me a new Blaze last week and it tracked both of my last couple of rides, but it did lose my heart BPM a few times for about 30 seconds each time. When I got home the entire route was mapped correctly. These dropped exercises have me more concerned now with the Fitbit connection than I am with my exercise. Instead of just going out and exercising, I spend half the time checking if the unit is connected. It will take a few weeks to restore my faith. I hope my faith is restored because the Fitbit had been an incredible motivating tool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  I select run or bike, then get the cannot find phone message, then the connected icon with one or two bars, then the cannot find phone again.  Back and forth.  I read that the signal strength icon is for the GPS strength on the phone, not the Bluetooth connectivity strength.  Is this true?  If so, why does the GPS strength on the phone impact the Bluetooth connectivity?  This problem makes the device unusable for tracking workouts, of course.  I have a Moto z play running 7.1.1.  I don't have connectivity issues with any other devices with this phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, every time I want to sync my fitbit blaze I have to restart the fitbit and restart my phone's bluetooth, then it *might* sync after 5 minutes of trying.  This was never a problem earlier this year, the problem started around June or July.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SusanG01 wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to us who are having problems, but I don't think you understood what perhaps we're all saying so I'll try again

No problems synching Fitbit with our devices 

The above tells me it syncs fine

Now i read that it isn't syncing

What is happening now -  It disconnects on it's own and we don't know it until we check stats or try to synch with our computers

This tells me the tracker is not syncing, but then you go on and say it syncs.

Your right, we dont understand.

To help us, do you sync through the computer and the phone?

Does it sync fine through the phone, but not the computer?

You say that it didconects, is it disconnecting from the ophone or the computer.?

When trying to sync throuhj the computer os your phone's bluetooth tirned off, or the phone is at least 30 if not 50 gert away? 

It could be the tracker is still talking to the phone and the computer is unable to inturrupt the conversation.

Best Answer

Rich- I think the problem we all experience is with the Fitbit/Phone Bluetooth connection, not the computer. As I mentioned in my previous post, I went out on a 25 mile bike ride and when I returned home to review the stats I found that the GPS portion had stopped tracking at the 6 mile mark.  All other info-( Heart-rate/Calories burned etc..) was there. The phone/Fitbit disconnected from each other and I lost the GPS stat for most of the ride.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I found out something that may be of help on this one.  When I originally connected my Blaze to my Android phone (Moto Play Z), I did the normal pairing.  I found the settings menu on the Blaze, set Bluetooth Classic to "Pair" mode, verified the 6 digit code, and it paired with my phone.  Then I changed the setting to "On".  Today I noticed in my Bluetooth settings on the phone that there are 2 Blaze devices listed, Blaze and Blaze Classic.  I did a little snooping (yes, I know, I should have read the manual first) and apparently Blaze Classic is only needed in rare situations.  Normally it connects automatically without going through the pairing process, some new Bluetooth automatic pairing thing (very technical description, I know). 

When I have the Blaze connected as Bluetooth classic, I have all kinds of connectivity problems.  Perhaps it is conflicting with the automatic Bluetooth connection, I don't know.  In any case, today I turned off Bluetooth Classic on the watch, and went to my phone Bluetooth settings and removed the Blaze Classic device ("forget" the device in Android speak). The Blaze continued to synch just fine and was "ready to go" whenever I wanted to start an exercise with solid signal levels showing.

I went on a 1.5 hour bike ride today and had no problems.  

So I would suggest you try this, just don't use the Bluetooth Classic pairing at all and delete Blaze Classic from your Bluetooth devices.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

I think I may have figured it out, along with the bluetooth classic (you're on the right track) make sure you ONLY pair your device through the fitbit app. do not try to pair using your phone's bluetooth.

so unpair everything to start with, both via the fitbit app and your phone's bluetooth, then, use the fitbit app to re-add the blaze to your account

And also, turn off bluetooth classic on the blaze itself, it is what seems to interfere with the pairing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't tried that! Thanks ( I hope)
Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution worked for me.
Step 1 - Use the fitbit app to disconnect your blaze from your account
Step 2 - manually go into your device's bluetooth and "forget device" for blaze and blaze classic

Step 3 - On your blaze, turn off bluetooth classic via the settings menu

Step 4 - Using the fitbit app, reconnect (add device), and follow the steps to reconnect your blaze to your account

You will need to re-do all your other settings, notifications and alarms.
But now I'm getting notifications again and I've had zero trouble syncing my device since I reconnected.  I've even been away from my phone, and had my phone connected to other bluetooth devices, and when I re-open the app, fitbit connects right away, just like it used to.

The downside is you won't have music control anymore, which isn't a big deal for me.

Best Answer

Hello @AlejandraFitbit

I’m having the same issue as originally stated in this thread. I’ve gone through the steps you posted and I can not reconnect (or set-up) my Blaze. It goes to a screen telling me to reset my blaze, phone’s Bluetooth and make sure it is charged (duh). I’ve done all of that and restarted my phone.

Still, no joy. 

Ideas?

Incase it helps, my phone is iPhone 7. The iOS is up to date; the app is up to date; the Blaze is up to date. 

Thank you very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry you're having problems.  You may have a different problem. This thread was about issues where we can connect the Blaze to our phones just fine, but it continually loses connection.

At this point, the ideas I gave previously don't really work.  What I resigned myself to doing is basically deleting and reconnecting my Blaze to my phone through the fitbit app on my phone just about every time I go to work out.  There seems to be some software bug that doesn't allow the blaze to stay connected.  So I guess I just gave up. 

I wouldn't recommend a Blaze to anyone other than someone that wants to track their heart rate and know what time it is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Let me explain:

Once it syncs it is fine. However; if i go out of range of my phone it will not reconnect once I am in range. I have to un-pair the device, restart the Blaze, set to pair, scan for the device from the phone and then it will find it. This occurs daily. After that it works all day. Time zone is NOT set to auto detect, and is set for my current time zone. All day sync is on. Notifications are on. Always connected is on. Keep alive widget is off. 

It usually takes 10 to 15 min of my day, which I do not have to fix it.

Thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting your Blaze to pair is only for connecting up the music control on the phone. Are you having problems controlling music on the phone from your wrist @Jhotshot

Best Answer
No. Nothing to do with music. It is because it will not connect to the
phone to sync the app. So the Bluetooth on the phone becomes disconnected
from my blaze and the only way to reconnect is to unpair the blaze from the
phone, restart the blaze and re pair the blaze (by setting it to pair) with
the phone. DAILY. It is making me think I need to switch to another brand
of tracker.

"If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever.
Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again.
Then hit it a third time." Winston Churchill
Best Answer
0 Votes

The pairing of the Bluetooth Classic that you are describing has nothing to do with the syncing of the data.

Restarting the blaze and/or phone would be what is fixing the process blem.

Best Answer
Holy crap, I understand that! The problem is it NEVER did this before. Now
recently it is daily. What has changed? The issue isn't how to fix it, the
issue is WHY IS IT HAPPENING?!

"If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever.
Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again.
Then hit it a third time." Winston Churchill
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does my blaze keeps disconnecting from my iPhone blue tooth after connecting for a short while even when I keep close to me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unable to find the classic Bluetooth setting in Settings. Have Settings open on Blaze, but nothing associated with Bluetooth is listed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Texasjimbo on your Blaze, under settings might be a setting for Bluetooth, this if the Bluetooth Classic. Set this to pair and the phone should see it

Best Answer