Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my Fitbit blaze bluetooth keeps disconnecting and doesn't automatically connect to my phone. I'm having to manually connect my blaze to my phone about 5 times a day. This happens either when I start to charge my phone or I part from my phone for a little bit

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Honestly, I'm about ready to get rid of this dang Fitbit Blaze.  It's ridiculous to have these issues constantly, on a daily basis.  You would think for the amount this device costs, it would have stellar performance but it's rather lackluster.  I spend more time trying to pair/sync than maximizing what you all promote.  Then the thing doesn't track. Sometimes when walking or exercising, the step don't even update.  I'm beginning to think this is garbage.  My Fit One is way more accurate with step counting than this but it doesn't have all the other bells and whistles, which is why I called myself upgrading. Hmm. It's cute but that's about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A Fitbit only needs to be paired once, and the user can only all the app to pair the tracker to the phone.

Usually un-pairing the tracker from the phone, not removing the tracker from the account, works.

If not on Android clearing the Fitbit's app cache is an excellent step.

However with the latest app update I find I have to look out/in to get the tracker to sync.

Best Answer

Have you paired your Fitbit to other devices? I had the same problem, but it was resolved when I removed the Blootooth link to my iPad.  

Before I did that, the watch kept disconnection my phone and then I didn’t receive any calls and messages. Then I discovered that it was still connected to my iPad. Once I deleted my Blaze from my iPad (disconnect the Bluetooth), my phone could see it again. I think the watch can only be paired with one device. Hope this helps for others as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I’ll check that out.

Have a great day!

Jim
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem: Blaze will not stay connected to my XR PHONE. When it loses connection, it takes an act of God to reconnect. Turn off phone and Blaze,  log out of Fitbit app and restart everything; sometimes, I have to uninstall and reinstall the Blaze!

i turned off Bluetooth on my IPad and that seems to have solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very possibly the problem @Arvis addswith most bluetooth devices they are only able to connect to one host at a time. 

If connected to the iPad then the tracker will not be able to respond to the phone. It would be like you trying to walk into your neighbor's house while you are standing in your doorway. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has also recently started having this problem. I have iphone 6. The settings on the phone are all as they should be. I have to go to the settings on the watch and re-pair it several times a day or shut it down to get it to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem was solved by
Turning off Bluetooth on my
IPad; no problem since with
Staying connect with my
IPHONE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I will try this

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

First thought is that to sync, the tracker does not need to be listed as a trusted device on their phone. 

Second thought is that with a sync failure one of the steps is to unpair the tracker from the phone, this not removing the tracker from the Fitbit app. 

Third thought. The user should not re-pair the tracker they just impaired, doing this step will prohibit the app from being able to sync the tracker. 

The tracker needs to be paired to the phone by the Fitbit app. This pair process can not be done through the phone setting @Smhill97 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you will give it a try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing keeps happening on my Android phone....I had it replaced once because of this same issue...needless to say, ok won't be purchasing Fitbit products in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having trouble syncing my Blaze. I have a Motorola Moto z3 and every day I have to restart my phone before my Fitbit will sync. The problem I am having now is that it says it has synced but it doesn't show my current status.

Please help. I have tried everything you have suggested but nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish I could help you I am still having the same issue and have tried all the suggestions other people have given me. I have to shut my watch down to get it to sync

SHill

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

I have had this issue also, however, I have resolved it. It's probably a bit late for most of you but for those who still have their Blaze, here's what I did.

Problem description:

Blaze device connects to smartphone to begin recording exercise using GPS data. Shortly after connecting, a small red symbol appears in the top left corner of the Blaze screen and the exercise biometrics nor the route are recorded. 

Cause:

App permissions to access GPS data from Android OS are incorrect. 

Solution:

In my case, I was able to amend the permissions for the Fitbit app. The default permissions were "access GPS data only when app is open". I changed this to "always access". For android users this option can be access a number of ways, but I just searched for GPS when access my Android settings screen. You may have a different flavor of android, in which case you may be better going into the Android settings screen and selecting Location. Either way, you should find a menu presenting you with a list of apps which have access to your phones location data. Find the Fitbit app and ensure that "always access" is enabled. 

I would guess that once the phone is locked, Android determines that the Fitbit app is no longer active (reasonable) and stops GPS data access. The small red symbol that appear on the Blaze screen is actually reporting that the App cannot access GPS data, not that the Blaze cannot access GPS data, as the Blaze itself does not have GPS positioning capability.

Additionally, I also ensure that my Blaze is connected to my phone using both Bluetooth protocols - there's an option to enable Bluetooth Classic connectivity from within the Device itself. Pair the device with your phone. You will see your Blaze appear twice in your list of connected devices. I cannot say definitively this has a bearing on maintaining connectivity but I couldn't actually rue it out, either.

Good luck everyone!

Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those experiencing the other variation of this issue where the Blaze disconnects from the phone frequently (not related to recording an exercise event) I also found the cause of that issue.

Problem description:

Blaze device disconnects from mobile device, there appears to be an issue with maintaining a bluetooth connection for any length of time. 

Cause:

Duplicate entries in the authorized devices list.

Solution:

Buried within the Fitbit app somewhere under Account, there is a menu option for Authorised Devices. In my case, I found multiple entries, some relating old mobile devices, and duplicate entries for my current device. I cleared all of these entries. This has resolved the generic connectivity issue.

Root cause:

If I had to guess, I'd say that the entries in this list are not given unique identifiers, and what happens when your Blaze is paired to your phone, is the app sees the Blaze devices and looks at the list of authorised devices and does not have any logic to make choice between identical entries so it times out and disconnects. 

Good luck!

Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes

In android, it is called Location services, not GPS and the app needs to have access to location services to sync. 

The Fitbit app has 2 parts, the background which is what handles the connected GPS. 

When the user set location services only when the app is open. This will only allow gps to connect when the Fitbit user interface is running in the foreground. The background program will not wok with gps when the Fitbit UI is not ruing in the foreground. 

Best Answer