Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Clock Display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit. Why can't the time be displayed at all times on Blaze!!! Very annoying. Going from surge where I could always know what time it is back to a blank screen (and NO. It does not always turn on when I move my wrist to check time. Only occasionally does it do that). Better update soon to make that an option.
And while you're at it. Make the swipe to steps right there. Jeesh. Have to swipe to Today then look. Really awkward and unconvenient.
Unhappy with new toy

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

R/sir my fitbit watch is completly become blank not charging  while charging no display appear on screen &watch become Hot

Best Answer
I also have that problem w only two week old Blaze. Restart did not help and time zone is correct. I tried to do a question of my own and Fitbit doesn't like the label I typed but won't tell how to change it!!!
Best Answer

please help me my watch is completly dark while charging no signle for charging is shown on screen watch become very warm

Best Answer

@tajanpure have you done a restart, hold the left. And lower right buttons for seconds. 

Now if you have a display, go to the settings screen and do a shutdown. 

If neither help then reach out to fitbit.. The link can also be found under the gear in the top right, or in the help section of the app. 

Best Answer
I have done all activity as you suggested but while charging watch become
warm
Best Answer

What was Fitbits response when you contacted them? 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:
I don't know of any watch with an LED display that stays on all the time, not evens the AW. There have been reports of the display being stuck on with the battery dying within hours.

Yep, that was one of the issues I had. Reported it very early on but not sure whether it ever got addressed. I worked around it by turning Quick View off at night. Bit fiddly but seemed to solve the issue.

(Can't give any more info as I eventually got fed up with the Blaze and sold it, buying an AW in its place.)

Best Answer
  • I understand that these forums are mostly populated by those that are having problems, therefor skewed to look bad but.... it's interesting that outside of these forums with 10 relatives, several coworkers, then I also work 2 days a week at Targer, who last year gave every employee the option of receiving a free or at a highly reduced cost a fitbit.. Not to mention I see people on my walks and many other companies in in.. Not one has mentioned anything but praise, or asked for help. 

Best Answer

I also would like the always on feature.  My watch usually doesn't turn on when I raise my arm and turn my wrist.  I have to tap it a couple of times or sometimes more.  That is very annoying!!  I would also like to see my heart rate always on when I am spinning, etc.  Thinking of returning it because of this.

Best Answer

I know 8 people with a Blaze, they have accuracy issues (both HR and step counts) and ask me for help. Some upgraded from Charge HR, they would stick with Charge if they did it over again (mostly because they see no real difference, so why pay more). I know a lot of people (at least 20) that got a Charge HR at Christmas, wore it a little while in January, and haven't used it since.

I've got a Blaze too. There are issues that need to get fixed. Connected GPS is flaky. Notifications are flaky. HR was optimized for 24x7, not intense exercise. Biking elevation has been broken since the Surge started shipping over 18 months ago, still not fixed in either Surge or Blaze. I'm hoping the next release fixes the first two (connected GPS and notifications), appears to be an issue with Blaze's Bluetooth.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@bbarrera wrote:

I know 8 people with a Blaze, they have accuracy issues (both HR and step counts) and ask me for help. Some upgraded from Charge HR, they would stick with Charge if they did it over again (mostly because they see no real difference, so why pay more). I know a lot of people (at least 20) that got a Charge HR at Christmas, wore it a little while in January, and haven't used it since.

I've got a Blaze too. There are issues that need to get fixed. Connected GPS is flaky. Notifications are flaky. HR was optimized for 24x7, not intense exercise. Biking elevation has been broken since the Surge started shipping over 18 months ago, still not fixed in either Surge or Blaze. I'm hoping the next release fixes the first two (connected GPS and notifications), appears to be an issue with Blaze's Bluetooth.

Why did the 20 people stop using Charge HR so quickly? Lost motivation and ugly as an everyday device?

Many problems about the Blaze you raise. I wouldn't hold my breath for them being fixed in a software update though. Maybe in a future hardware release, if we are lucky...

Best Answer

@Pruttinyllet A wearable for most people I know is like a diet or New Years resolution - doesn't last long. That comment was from my sister-in-law, we talk about this from time-to-time at family dinners, two of my sister-in-laws own a salon and they sees a *lot* of people on a regular basis. I'm in engineering sales, mostly email/phone these days, but I teach 3 or 4 classes a month at two local co-working/innovation spaces.

Probably 90-99% of the people I've meet over the years (excluding sister-in-law comments now) that have or had a Fitbit are now "used to wear a Fitbit" users. They had good intentions but didn't integrate into their lifestyle. Its like a gym membership that is used in January and dropped in February.

The others are runners that moved to Polar or Garmin. I was on a club bike ride last Wed and a guy I hadn't seen in awhile was wearing a Surge, I asked him a simple "how do you like it" question and he said it wasn't any good at tracking rides or runs. I was a little surprised by run comment, its generally ok, I'm *guessing* he does pace work (no workouts on Surge) and/or is having HR accuracy issues. Anyways he had a Garmin bike computer and chest strap, like me, and I had on Apple Watch to check notifications during ride and he had on a Surge. He put the hammer down and took off with the racers at almost 30mph, I was dropped and didn't get to ask him anymore questions.

In my little world, the ones that stick with Fitbit are data geeks, and/or have fun in step challenges. Sometimes folks in the co-working spaces will wear their Fitbit one day to strike up a conversation with me, and then it disappears again.

Anyways, thats the world I see.

Good to be part of this active community, one of several I spend time on.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Can you explain how to change the display on the clock face?  Mine is showing HR and Stair Flights, and I'd like to see steps.  Thanks! 

Best Answer

How do you change the display to "Steps" on the Moment clock face?  Mine is currently showing flights of stairs. Thanks!

Best Answer

When you tap it, the reading changes to steps, how many more to reach goal, and more. 

Best Answer

I am so disappointed.  I just bought the Blaze for my and fiance thinking it was like the surge.  I was hoping I just missed the option to have it on all the time.  I'm happy w/ the ambient lightly option.  So frustrated right now.

Best Answer

Hi @armyamyt - If you just bought the Blaze, you can certainly return it and purchase the Surge instead, if that will be a better option for you.

Best Answer
The Surge and the Blaze use different technology for the display. The Surge is like many watches where the display uses virtually no power, while the Blaze uses little lights and might be the second biggest consumer of the battery
Best Answer
0 Votes

Would like the clock to stay on on. Or I have to tap it for it to come on

Best Answer
I, too, am very frustrated with my Blaze. I would like for it to be on all the time even if I have to charge it every night. It doesn't even come on when I raise my arm. I have to tap it 4 or 5 times before it will come on. That's not very convenient when I am in spin class and trying to control my heart rate. I definitely would not recommend this product!!

Dianne
Best Answer