Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Connected GPS Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Fitbit Community!

I am having problems with my Blaze's connected GPS.  I got my Blaze on Friday 2/26 and on Saturday I used the connected GPS twice and then on Sunday once. Twice, on a bike ride, I selected bike ride and it said "Connecting to phone" and then it says "Let's go" and I pressed play (but, the signal indicator in the top showed one red bar, which to me means bad connection). It started tracking time, heartrate, calories, but failed to track a map and distance. 

On the failed run, it tracked for about .4 miles on the map and after the run the map did not show, but it showed the proper distance when the run was over and other stats.  

I have bluetooth on, a Galaxy s6 on the verizon network, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Otherwise, loving my Blaze. Can anyone help?

Justin

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9
Just a shot in the dark, as I'm a Windows guy and Android isn't my thing but have you got your S6 set to full gps and not just mobile network? I seem to recall Android having a couple of different versions of location setting.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same issue.  No distance tracked.  I had to revert back to my Moves app to get distance and map. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue with my iPhone the other day.  I connected to the phone and then it tracked my walk.  When I got home, the entire walk (50 minutes) showed up as an activity and it had my heart rate and pace for the entire walk and showed the correct distance.  But, the map of the walk showed only the the last 10 minutes of the walk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same issue. Completed 2 exercises with the bike each of 5Km and at the end the map showed only 0.2 and 0.05km. I hope Fitbit fixes this issue and soon

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue. The last week my Blaze hasn't been making my walks, it seams to have happend after the last "update". It was great before this started...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue. The last week my Blaze hasn't been tracking my walks, it seams to have happend after the last "update". It was great before this started...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had any issues with my Blaze and using the GPS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had this issue since day 1 of owning the Blaze (2 months now). On a good day I get about a .1 mile discrepancy when utilizing the Blaze in connected mode (starting a workout from the watch). This certainly adds up when you do a 5 mile run and your data is .5 of a mile off and you splits are 12:00 vice 9:00

I do however have no issues when activating a workout from my IPhone 6. This matches all of the other running apps that I have on my phone (i.e. Strava, Endomondo, Suunto, and Nike+).

I have chatted with the customer support center and have not received a valid response on why this is an issue. No matter where you initiate the workout either from the Phone or Watch, it is using the same GPS data and there should be no reason for these erroneous errors in data. This seems like it should be a simple software fix, just report the data correctly. The phone is doing it already, there is no reason the data should be any different. 

I have also tested this while running with the watch activated as well as the app on my phone and still get a difference in data (done this a lot). Same path, same everything the phone is less than 2 feet from the watch and still the data doesn't match up.

It would be nice if the tech support team would even acknowledge this as an issue rather than making excuses of how to wear the device or other reasons that the weather or line of sight may be affecting the signal. This is simply ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same sometimes just Very weak signal, sometimes IT helps to wait à couple of seconds for the watch to find the gps signal. But IT seems Its not the fastest tracker out there.😕

Best Answer
0 Votes