Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Freezes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All. New to the forums because I've never had a problem with my Flex.... BUT, 2 and half months ago I purchased the Blaze... I love it, up until now.... for whatever reason, it now just freezes up. There is no interaction with the screens, it doesn't recognize my taps sometime and it just doesn't work anymore. I have done the restart with the hold the left button with the bottom right button; it does restart but it goes back to the same way it was, unresponsive to anything.... oddly enough, it still records steps and HR in this state. Has anyone else encountered this? It just started doing it to me 2 days ago. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Let them know you have restarted it already a few times

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I would Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Let them know you have restarted it already a few times

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just contacted them and they are replacing the Blaze. It is certainly not an issue they have had presented to them yet....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very dissapointed on the support I am getting on my FitBit Blaze.

I opened a support ticket on June 5th for my tracker that I purchased on April 20th. after a couple of back and  forth emails about the problem I am having with my Tracker freezing on me at random times from when I am sleeping to when I try to wipe a smudge off the screen the support team sent me a FedEx shipping lable which I promptly printed and shipped my package. That was 8 days ago. Accorging to the tracking Information it will get to them by the end of the day on the 23rd. (thankyou Smartpost). At this Time they will process my replacement.

I am considering returning my tracker and getting a cheaper on so I don't have to go through this again if I contunue to have problems. I see some complaints about the Blaze freezing but it seems that it isn't common. Has antone else had better support experiences or is the normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and am finding the support dissapointing... 2 weeks to ship it back to them and then they will ship a replacement. I wish I had known the delivery time I would have paid to ship it myself instead of using their smartpost option.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Grumpydad77,
I had contacted them for support through the online chat support. The person dealt with was superb! They identified right away that my Blaze was not functioning correctly. They immediately shipped a replacement Blaze Pebble to me, just the tracker, not the band or charger... I just received it yesterday in the mail. They did not want me to send them my disfunctional tracker back and told me to eCycle it instead. They were able to pull my trackers serial number and all from my online profile. It about 2 weeks to get my replacement tracker and I was fine with that. I also use a Flex for times when I can't use my Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that I find out that someone contacted support throught the online chat instead of the email like I did, had the same type problem and they just sent them a new Blaze Pebble and told them to eCycle the old one.

Why do I need to jump through all the hoops when others dont?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Grumpydad77 and @BK1974

I'm glad you were able to sort out the problem you were encountering with your Blaze @BK1974

@Grumpydad77 Please know that our team works on a case by case basis and we do have different channels of support to receive assistance. If you have not received an update on your Case, I recommend to reply to it and check on its status. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designated to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. If you're encountering many troubles, please let me know more about them and I will be happy to lend you a hand. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Well 2 weeks (so far)without my new tracker can do little but cause
stress.... If I have any further problems they will be handled differently.
I will either ship via my own method so it tales leas than 2 weeks or just
rwturn it for a refund and go with a 20 dollar tracker that i can replace
easilly.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem. Have had my tracker less than a month. It stated doing this day 3 but happens much more frequently now. Screen crashes and has fuzzy dashed lines all over it. You can see the green flashes from the hr monitor still working, but the screen won't show anything. It works perfectly after I reset it by clicking the left and bottom right buttons, but the same thing happens again anywhere between 5 minutes and few hours later. It's particularly frustrating during exercise as if happens much more frequently if I have the workout timer running. It stopped working 6 times during a 55 minute pure barre class today and had to be manually resets about 8 more times just doing daily tasks throughout the rest of the day. The only reason I bought it is because my employer has a wellness benefit where they pay you to teach a certain number of active minutes per quarter, and I'm already behind for this quarter and not on track to earn because of all the days the fitbit blaze has crashed during my workout sessions (not giving me my 45 active minutes per day). Super frustrated, especially after my fitbit one stopped working out of nowhere just after the warranty ran out. Lousy product that needs CONSTANT resetting only for the screen to crash again an hour later.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @LolaMacB.  Welcome to the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry that your Blaze is crashing constantly and since you mention that you've already tried to restart your tracker, I would recommend getting in touch with the Support Team since this is not the way that your Blaze should be acting.

Just explain what you've experienced and what you've done so far and they will be happy to help you out and get you back on track.

Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Sadly, this same thing started happening to me yesterday, my Blaze is only a month old.  I can still get text messages, heart rate, etc. but I can't change my screens to track workouts or anything.  It looks like I will need to contact support.  I am sad because I LOVE it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish that I had known about all of these problems before I purchased one.  I received it today, and I am unable to get the screen to work correctly.  I called customer support; they were about as helpful as a fork while eating tomato soup.  Wish I had my old tracker back!  

Best Answer

Hey guys @Teas @LaurenFB! Welcome to the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry about your Blazes not working fine 😕 that's not cool at all.

@LaurenFB, have you tried to restart your tracker by any chance? You can do this by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds and your tracker will reboot. After it comes back on you can try and see if it will go to the other different screens.

@Teas, I'm very sorry to hear that this was a bad first impression 😕 I would also recommend restarting your tracker by following the instructions I gave above and if that doesn't work, you can get in touch again with our Support Team. Since you mentioned that you already contacted them, how where they not helpful? This is to improve our service and also to get you back on track.

Please let me know how it goes! I'll be happy to help.

Best Answer
Thanks so much for information! That worked! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yayyy! I'm glad it worked! Let me know if you need more help in the future @LaurenFB 😄

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
As I said in my original post I reset it over a dozen times a day and it's
only ever a matter of time until it crashes again. The reset works
perfectly, but it always crashes again shortly after. More frequently when
tracking exercise (my whole purpose for having the darn thing)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LolaMacB. Thanks for getting back!

As I said in my reply before, I noticed you mentioned you have already tried restarting your tracker so it would be better at this point to get in touch with the Support Team as this is not the way your tracker should be behaving. They will be happy to take a deeper look and get you back on track.

Let me know if you need more help! 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same issues and the support has been anything but supportive.  I have had multiple people I know that has had the same issue of it freezing and not charging and they were able to get theirs replaced no problem.  I, on the other hand, am having to jump through hoops and submit video to show that it is not working.  In the mean time I am without my Blaze, which was not a cheap investment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had my flex again.  Support has NOT been helpful up to this point and I sit with a Blaze that is still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes