Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze GPS error messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time i try and connect my blaze to my phone to track my run, it says 'check fitbit app' but nothing comes up? And then it says 'phone not found'. My phone always syncs fine with my blaze but it's just not letting me use this feature. I have tried everything i can think of, anyone offer any advice? My phone is an Iphone 6s.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to have you here @gregpurdie18! Thanks for the details that you mentioned. These are common errors in the app. Please confirm you did this troubleshoot: 

Phone Not FoundUsers may see the following error state if their tracker is unable to connect to their phone. If this happens, please ensure the following: phone is within range, your app is open, phone is charged up, Bluetooth enabled and bonded, and Internet connection is present.

Check Fitbit App: If you come across this error, there may be a bit of action required. Please ensure that your app is open, you are logged into your account, and that location services are enabled.

Additionally, you can learn more about it by checking Connected GPS Information Post Options

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

It's great to have you here @gregpurdie18! Thanks for the details that you mentioned. These are common errors in the app. Please confirm you did this troubleshoot: 

Phone Not FoundUsers may see the following error state if their tracker is unable to connect to their phone. If this happens, please ensure the following: phone is within range, your app is open, phone is charged up, Bluetooth enabled and bonded, and Internet connection is present.

Check Fitbit App: If you come across this error, there may be a bit of action required. Please ensure that your app is open, you are logged into your account, and that location services are enabled.

Additionally, you can learn more about it by checking Connected GPS Information Post Options

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
I have done all of these things more than once and i still get nothing between my blaze and my iphone. Yet they always sync fine together in a matter of seconds. Really want to resolve this issue as it is very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The ability to sync has nothing to do with the ability to receive a connected GPS signal. When it tells you to check the app, it means you need to go to the pjhone there and then and make sure the app is running. You can immediately turn it off and put the phone back in your pocket but if you don't take that step when asked then it won't connect and the other message probably follows on after a period of time.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to solve the issue, i had to go on notifications on the actual app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

And then ehat?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DoraEB,, I'm thinking that  @gregpurdie18 while looking at the clock face swiped down on the screen and turned on notifacations. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a new S8Plus, and since then I've been unable to get location for my exercise. Following these instructions, I had the app open on the phone, made sure the connection was good by syncing, then "started" an exercise - the first time, it said "Check Fitbit App", then "Phone Not Found", then back to "Check Fitbit App".

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @LincolnHyde! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. Please confirm you've done the procedure posted above, in order to fix each error message you're getting: 

Also, make sure you have the latest app version which is 2.53. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As I indicated in my original post, I had done all of those things.
However, I was able (finally) to track down my current app version, which is 2.52.  How do I get the current app?
- Lincoln
Best Answer
0 Votes
1) I was able to sync location with the watch for several exercises, so I thought it was working - then the last four have been unsyncable.
2) I uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the play store and it's still 2.52 - how do I get 2.53?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LincolnHyde! Could you provide me with more details about you were able to sync location with the tracker but the exercises are still not syncing? Did you notice that it was connected during the whole time you were exercising? 

If you uninstalled the application, then you should have the latest app version. Also, if there's no updates in Google play then this confirms you have the latest app version. 

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1) When I replied, the version was still 2.52; it has now been updated to 2.53

2) I was able to sync data, and was connected for music control - I was not able to sync location

3) For four exercises, it was synced correctly for the entire exercise

4) Since Thursday morning at 9:13 AM PDT, I have been unable to get location during exercise; both before and after the app was updated to 2.53

5) I have checked the permission settings, and the app has access to all permissions it asks for

6) As of right now,.with the phone sitting next to me and the app open, the watch says "Phone not found"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying to my questions @LincolnHyde! I would like you to restart your phone. Also, you may want to double check the requirements for a good GPS connection Why isn't GPS working?

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted my phone and checked my GPS app, which said I had an excellent fix, and the watch still said "Check Fitbit App"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once again, I truly appreciate the troubleshooting that you've done @LincolnHyde. I've shared your post with Customer Support, they should reply to you within the following days and provide you with a solution. 

Have a great week! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am facing the same issue as @LincolnHyde. I tried the troubleshooting and the gps is not working with my samsung s8plus. Is there a solution?

Thank you

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with the Galaxy S8 

Best Answer

I'm having similar problems but the solutions don't work for me. Here is what I have done :

I open up the fitbit app on my phone, and ensure that Bluetooth, GPS and mobile data is on. I am sure Bluetooth is connected since when I check last sync time in the app it says "a moment ago." I am sure location services are working since when I tap "track activity" in the app, I can see GPS Connected in the top left, and the map is correct. If course, I can't select Bike as an option... 

But. When I use my Blaze and navigate to Bike, I get the "check fitbit app" error, then "phone not found." Very frustrating. I'm using a Redmi Note 2, running Android 5.0.2. Fitbit app is up to date. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Silvia

I have done the trouble shoot you have summarized below. Additionally I also disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect again.

When I purchased the Blaze it was working fine. Then there was software update when the entire GPS connection went haywire

the problem continues. The connection is very erratic. if even it connects, the connection breaks off. The phone is within 3 ft of the blaze always.

I had given up and posted the problem in the group as a last resort.

Best Answer