Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze GPS wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did an 8k race today with my Blaze connected to GPS on my iPhone 7. At the start of the run I was showing full GPS signal strength on the Blaze. By the 1 km marker I knew that something was wrong. At the end of the race my Blaze said that I had run 9.49 km. My running partner's Blaze and iPhone 6 recorded the correct distance. Two questions: 1) does anyone have an idea of what might have gone wrong? 2) is there a way to edit my run on the app or website to reflect the actual distance run?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

No way to edit your race.  Sounds like you iPhone lost GPS reception.  Mine does every once in a while but very seldom.

Best Answer

I've been having similar issues, fitbit app over calculates distance when connected to blaze or not.  I have an Iphone 7) I can run a second app at the same time and the distance is correct.    This is on an open road and no obstructions, again the other app has the correct distance.  4.9 miles  was reported by fitbit as 5.69.   This along with the inability to lock the screen has me looking to get a Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @VictorHyman@GregJaxFL and @ClarkM1! If your Blaze lost the GPS signal, this may be the reason why it's not showing the correct distance. I would like you to try this tips about Why isn't GPS working?. At the moment, it's not possible to edit the activities that you tracked but you can vote for this idea Have the Ability To Edit Exercises

Also, the information that you're going to get from each app is going to be different, because each one has its own algorithm to calculate results. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just want to add that without GPS, the closer the users stride is calculated and set, the closer tye distance will be. However since tye str8de will vary a little daya to day, so will the accuracy of distance.

An easy formula to correct tye stride us.

CorrectStride = (RealDistance / FitbitDistance) * CurrentFitbitStride

Best Answer
0 Votes