Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Heart rate not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just simply does not work. I think mine is broken.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

this ended up just being a faulty device that they replaced.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

Is it that the lights on the back are not working or that you are not getting a reading?

If it's a lack of a reading then there are some troubleshooting tips in this article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-don-t-I-see-my-heart-rate-on-my-Surge/

If the lights are not working then have you checked your profile settings to make sure the heart rate is set to auto or on?

If none of this helps then it sounds like it might be broken and, sadly, in need of a return.

Best Answer

Yeah the monitor is set to on and the lights don't come on.  looks like i was sent a defect 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

How disappointing for you!  Sounds like you will have to return the defective unit.....

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's worth trying a restart first - it does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/

Give it a few tries though as it doesn't always work first time
Best Answer
Along with @SteveH's idea of a restart, try changing the HR settings from the settings menu on the Blaze. Turn it to off, the to on, then auto. Checking the lights and reading in both on amd auto.
Best Answer

Yeah i have done several restarts.  each time i would turn monitor on, off, auto.  even tried syncing each time between off, on and auto to see if that would initiate the function as well 😞  really looks like it is defective.  i just hope i can go to a retail store to swap instead of waiting another week for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was a GREAT suggestion, and it worked! My FITBIT BLAZE stopped doing the heart rate thing, but the restart got those blinking lights working again...Thanks!!   https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/How-do-I-restart-my-Fitbit-Blaze/td-p/1270650

Best Answer
That worked for mine as well :-). Thank you. It's just too bad that we have to restart it to get a function to work again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! This worked for me!!! Almost went back to the store. Much appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset also fixed the Heart Rate monitor on mine aswell!!!! Thank you for the tip!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Lizar92@Smittys59 and @mikemac4498 it's great to see you around. I am glad to hear that the instructions provided by our friend here have been really helpful for all of you. I know that a lot of users more will find it like this too. If you experience any other inconvenience, please do not hesitate in posting it.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Steve,

Thank you. Managed to fix my heart rate problem with your solutions.
Cheers 😇
Best Answer
0 Votes
Had the same problem, once I downloaded my updates and restarted blaze my heart rate monitor started working again. I was also able to speak to a live person at Fitbit who walked me thru the whole process.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the restart and my blaze still doesn't work lights come on but no read out of heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jmalbrecht did you restart Heart rate by going into the settings on the Blaze - turn HR off then on? If so then go to the Blaze settings and shutdown the Blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem also. I have restarted the tracker several time and changed the settings on my phone. The lights are working but i am not getting a readout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just flashes and I have turned it off and rebooted it both to no avail. Called fitbit and they are sending me a new one. I hope it works if not I will be returning and getting a differnent band. sad because everyone I know in on fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't get heart rate monitor on my dashboard!

Bettie
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit blaze heart rate lights are working but the bpm is not working. I went to the gym this morning and ran for 40 min and all it said was 56 resting. Not my actual bpm which indicates I am doing cardio. I tried resetting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes