Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Issue - Please read

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Overall, I love my Blaze. Many more pros than cons for me. 

With that, there is one MAJOR issue I'm having with my Blaze while running. I have the "Quick View" set to OFF. It is still too cold most mornings when I go for my run and must wear long sleeve UnderArmor shirt and jacket. When I'm getting ready to run, I select Exercise/Run/start. The past two weeks on my "long training runs" I hit start with my Blaze and begin running. Apparently somehow the Blaze is waking up while under the sleeve and eventually my run ends, even though I did not request it. Last Friday I was doing my 9 mile run and it did this about 5 miles into the run. I was using the RoadID app so my wife can follow me since I would like her to track where I'm at in case something happens to me. Today, the same thing happened, after just over 5 miles, my Fitbit ended the run and I had to solely rely on RoadID.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago too as it happened on my 6 mile run too but never heard any responses. If an admin or someone knows someone who can relay this message on, it really is an issue, at least until we can start wearing short sleeves for running. I don't know if the two screenshots mean anything or not, but I wanted it to show the RoadID gave me the entire 10 mile run map and the Fitbit Run stopped just over 5 miles. 

Screenshot_2016-03-26-21-31-12.pngScreenshot_2016-03-26-21-31-12.png

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28
Posting in every thread I can about this. Definitely has to do with the touch screen. My boxing gloves hit the screen and stop my activities almost immediately. Made it an entire minute and 41 seconds into my workout tonight before it stopped!
Best Answer

@dkboxing @SteelCity @dicupps thanks for chiming in with your experiences. As I mentioned, there is a Feature Request about the lock screen. I'd recommend adding to it and/or voting for it. Please keep in mind that we don't allow cross-posting or multiposting between boards. This is so that we can keep the boards clean and readable for all users. If you'd like more information, take a look at our Community Guidelines. Thanks and let me know if there are any questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be fair...There' s a similar request for the Surge too with over 500 votes over a year old and nothing has been done. Not expecting much at this point.

Best Answer

So disappointing, I ran my very first half marathon yesterday, I've been using Road ID for the tracking feature for my wife and daughter to watch my progress while running and training, and then using my Blaze to track the run. I've had the issues that I have previously posted on here. So, the biggest race of my life, I'm at the starting line getting ready to run in a freak spring snowstorm, I start Road ID, hit "Run" on my Blaze, and it couldn't find my phone....WHAT???This never happened in any of my training runs, I'm at the start line and we are starting to run and my $200 Blaze couldn't track my run and I couldn't see my run splits for the 13 miles. 

I absolutely love Fitbit, my friends, the challenges, which were all fine with my Charge HR, and thought upgrading to the Blaze would be better than switching to a $350 Garmin, has been nothing but disappointments for me in my new running hobby. 

Pretty disappointing. I just don't know where to turn because there's really nowhere to contact Fitbit about the need for a lock screen, and now the biggest race of my life and the Blaze can't find the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There should be a screen lock like people have been suggesting or for example like the Charge HR you have to hold down the button for a couple of seconds to end or pause the workout. Being able to touch the screen is cool but not when it messed up the workouts..
Best Answer
My thoughts @SteelCity was the GPS enabled on the Phone, and the Fitbit app at least running in the background? Did the app say connected? A restart of the BT might have worked.

@Kait5991 dos you vote on the suggestion for a lock screen. In sure it's been posted, or do a search of the feature forum, instructions are at the top of that page.
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:
My thoughts @SteelCity was the GPS enabled on the Phone, and the Fitbit app at least running in the background? Did the app say connected? A restart of the BT might have worked.

@Kait5991 dos you vote on the suggestion for a lock screen. In sure it's been posted, or do a search of the feature forum, instructions are at the top of that page.

@Rich_Laue yes the GPS was enabled, the Road ID app worked perfectly for the 5 people who were tracking my progress in the half marathon. Definitely not a GPS issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it's still very frustrating. It was 57 degrees this morning so just wearing a tec t-shirt with long sleeves. I almost made it to 3 miles before my Blaze went crazy with vibrations. I thought maybe I'd hit my 10K steps at first. Then I looked and realized that it was finished. So, I re-started it again (frustrated) and it went for a little longer. At this point, I had rolled my sleeves up so the shirt was not touching the screen at all and it decided to stop again after just over a mile. I started it one last time and stopped it at the end. It sure does need the lock screen feature, it does not just shut off while covered I discovered this morning too. This is useless to me for running unfortunately. I wanted to see my mile split times and now I have to sort of guess at it. It's too bad Best Buy doesn't have a return policy. For everything else, it seems to work fine, but the most important reason I got it for is not reliable at all.

Blaze Errors.png

Best Answer

I have the same problem and have reported directly to FitBit about a year ago and they don't want to fix the problem that damp/sweaty long sleeve shirts will pause and stop workouts, even if quickview is off.  A simple fix that FitBit knows about and will not fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes