Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control Information Post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Music Control gets a facelift with Blaze! Learn more about your power to control music below. For a more detailed look at Music Control on your Blaze, please see this help article.

Music Control:

With Blaze, you can control your music with the touch of a button! To access Music Control, simply swipe downward on your home screen. Improvements to this feature include a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection for iOS instead of BT Classic. We've also added the ability to rewind and increase/decrease the volume of the song, in addition to fast forwarding and play/pause. 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 13.32.59.png

Notes

• Android and Windows phones will still use BT Classic for using Music Control. 
  • While in exercise mode, press/hold Blaze's top-right button for 2 seconds to bring Music Control up. 
  • You'll use both buttons on the right to control volume on Blaze. See image to the right.
  • As with most other Bluetooth devices, if you connect another Bluetooth device and disconnect your Blaze, you will have to connect it again the next time you want to use it to control music.

No matter what you're rocking out to, we're sure you'll love using Music Control on Blaze! 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the problem that my music controls wouldn't work while using bluetooth headphones.  The problem was fixed after I turned off the headphones and then the music could be controlled by my blaze.  The music was playing out of my phone speaker for a few seconds.  Then, I turned the headphones on last and the blaze was showing my music and would control the volume in my bluetooth headphones.  Problem solved!  Galaxy Note 5, Skull Candy Headphones, Blaze 17.8.301.7 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

@EmersonFitbit I am using IOS.  I find that to play music, I have to start the music app and start a song to have my music available on the Blaze.  Once I have started and stopped a song in the app, then the music is available on the Blaze and I can start or stop from there whenever I like as long as I don't close the app.  Once I close the app, I have to repeat this process.  Should the Blaze automatically be able to load the music once the music app is opened or is this just how the process works?

Best Answer

You're experiencing normal behavior @embeefit! Music control gives you have the ability to control what you're hearing and at which volume, but the native music app on your phone must be playing something. 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer

Thanks!!

Best Answer
Will the music control work in conjunction with Bluetooth wireless earbuds?
2015 Fitbit flex (retired) Charge HR /Blaze/Aria 2016 Put one foot in front of the other..and REPEAT
Best Answer

Maybe, on my Galaxy S5 work Android 5.0 ot does wroth the Blaze but not the Sirge. This seems to be dependant on the phone and OS.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bluetooth classic doesn't come up on my HTC M8. No music controls for me I guess 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
While the pairing process seems to have been completed between my Notes and my Blaze, the music control screen flickers back and forth between "conecting" and "loading music." The tracker has no c9ntrol over the music. I've tried using the Samsung music app and Amazon Music.
Any suggestions as to what is going wrong?
Best Answer

For music to work,  first go into the settings on the Blaze, amd tuen Bluetooth classic to pair.

Now use your phones BT screen to pair the trackers BT Classic

Best Answer

I've paired my phone and I can see my music choices on my blaze. However, if I press next or attempt to adjust the volume, nothing seems to work. If I change songs on my phone, it shows up on the blaze, but it seems like my blaze has no control of music...

Best Answer
On Android (Moto X Pure, 6.0) I can turn the Blaze on pair/ classic mode. This shows up on my phone in Bluetooth, but when I try to connect it says it cannot pair because of an incorrect pin or passkey. I believe something should pop on the Blaze, but it just stays in the settings menu.

Advice?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Play the music first on your phone. Then, once it's working there, call up the music controls on your watch.
Best Answer
Hey Adam, it's not so much getting the music to play as it is getting the devices to connect to each other. The Bluetooth pairing (Blaze Classic) is what's not working for me. If I can get it to connect I can try what you suggested
Best Answer
0 Votes

So what worked for me and might work for you....switch on the blaze's bluetooth first. Then on your phone you should see a blaze fitbit, don't connect to that. Instead, search/scan for new devices on your bluetooth. You should see a Blaze (Classic). That's the one you need to connect to in order for them to work together.

Best Answer

I've done that, it seems to respond sometimes to what I tell my blaze to do or not. Perhaps it's just a bad connection. If I reset the connection between the two, it seems to work. Just a tad bit annoying to constantly reset it.

Best Answer

@Minion450 I'd recommend the steps listed under the "My Blaze Isn't Showing Up In My List Of Bluetooth Devices" section. This should help you out!

@xpengy Correct! Music control requires its separate Bluetooth (classic) bond for Android devices. Once you have Bluetooth Classic paired to your Android device, I'd also make sure that you have Bluetooth classic turned on in your Blaze's on-device settings too.

@AlexSc The following is a step-by-step breakdown of how to create a Bluetooth (classic) bond between your Blaze and Android device. This should help!

1. Reboot your Android phone and restart your tracker.
  2. On your Blaze:
    1. Swipe to Settings.
    2. Scroll to Bluetooth Classic.
    3. Tap the Bluetooth Classic option until the setting is Pair.
  3. On your mobile device:
    1. Navigate to the Bluetooth Setting screen where paired devices are listed.
    2. Make sure your mobile device is discoverable and is scanning for devices.
    3. When “Fitbit Blaze” is shown as an available device, select it.
    4. Wait for a message displaying a six-digit number.
  4. Perform the following two steps in close succession.
    1. When the same six-digit number appears on your Blaze, tap “Yes” on your tracker.
    2. On your mobile device, select Pair.
Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Which music apps will the Blaze work with? I tried iTunes and Spotify this AM and neither worked.

Best Answer

It should work with the native music apps @Mandyrn1079. I just tested with Soundcloud, Pandora, and the music app on my iPhone. 

Also, one thing that I had trouble with was remembering that music had to be playing in the first place for music control to work. As long as all of the above is in effect, you should be good to go!

Best Answer

Today is the first day I'm wearing my blaze. I tested the music control with my wireless jaybirds and itunes worked perfectly. It also conncected in my car?! I dunno why that surprised me, but it totally did! 

Pretty cool 🙂

2015 Fitbit flex (retired) Charge HR /Blaze/Aria 2016 Put one foot in front of the other..and REPEAT
Best Answer
What are "native" music apps?
Best Answer
0 Votes