Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control Information Post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Music Control gets a facelift with Blaze! Learn more about your power to control music below. For a more detailed look at Music Control on your Blaze, please see this help article.

Music Control:

With Blaze, you can control your music with the touch of a button! To access Music Control, simply swipe downward on your home screen. Improvements to this feature include a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection for iOS instead of BT Classic. We've also added the ability to rewind and increase/decrease the volume of the song, in addition to fast forwarding and play/pause. 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 13.32.59.png

Notes

• Android and Windows phones will still use BT Classic for using Music Control. 
  • While in exercise mode, press/hold Blaze's top-right button for 2 seconds to bring Music Control up. 
  • You'll use both buttons on the right to control volume on Blaze. See image to the right.
  • As with most other Bluetooth devices, if you connect another Bluetooth device and disconnect your Blaze, you will have to connect it again the next time you want to use it to control music.

No matter what you're rocking out to, we're sure you'll love using Music Control on Blaze! 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291
How do you change volume? I tap the + and - but there is no difference. It plays, pauses, skips ahead and goes back perfectly. But volume only controlled with phone. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a GalaxyJ7 and can't connect my music to my Blaze.  I have MP3 music downloads on my phone.  I go to Settings/Bluetooth Classic and the only I options I see are Pair and Off.  When I swipe down on main screen it says Not Connected?  How do I get this to connect so I can adjust volume or skip songs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KAP1970 to control the volume, go to the music screen on the Blaze. Now press either of the right buttons. Top is volume uo, booty volume down. 

@K-Walls the reason you only have off and pair is because your Blaze Classic is not Paired to your phone. 

Set tit to pair, then go to the phones BT settings, tell it to search, and follow prompts.. Once paired you'll see the on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I was able to pair my blaze with my phone, S4 and the music controls show up but when I click on the pause, rewind, or forward it doesn't do anything?  I'm using music play on S4.  Help!

@EmersonFitbit wrote:

Music Control gets a facelift with Blaze! Learn more about your power to control music below. For a more detailed look at Music Control on your Blaze, please see this help article.

Music Control:

With Blaze, you can control your music with the touch of a button! To access Music Control, simply swipe downward on your home screen. Improvements to this feature include a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection for iOS instead of BT Classic. We've also added the ability to rewind and increase/decrease the volume of the song, in addition to fast forwarding and play/pause. 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 13.32.59.png

Notes

• Android and Windows phones will still use BT Classic for using Music Control. 
  • While in exercise mode, press/hold Blaze's top-right button for 2 seconds to bring Music Control up. 
  • You'll use both buttons on the right to control volume on Blaze. See image to the right.
  • As with most other Bluetooth devices, if you connect another Bluetooth device and disconnect your Blaze, you will have to connect it again the next time you want to use it to control music.

No matter what you're rocking out to, we're sure you'll love using Music Control on Blaze! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zzcatch could it be that the music player is not compatable with AVRCP? 

You might want to try a different player. 

• Fitbit trackers use the AVRCP Bluetooth profile. If your music streaming app doesn't support AVRCP, music control won't work with your Fitbit tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have it paired and it displays the control button.  However, what I want to know if you have multiple bluetooth devices (example beats headphones) why doesn't the music control buttons work on the blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Simple answer BY device interferance. 

I have 1 headphone and 2 wireless speakers, all three have music control and the blaze controls music fine. With the second headphone I can't get the Blaze to control the music. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the problem that my music controls wouldn't work while using bluetooth headphones.  The problem was fixed after I turned off the headphones and then the music could be controlled by my blaze.  The music was playing out of my phone speaker for a few seconds.  Then, I turned the headphones on last and the blaze was showing my music and would control the volume in my bluetooth headphones.  Problem solved!  Galaxy Note 5, Skull Candy Headphones, Blaze 17.8.301.7 

Best Answer
Thank you. It worked!!!!!!!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575) isn't working for this as well. When will it become compatible with this feature? I just got this phone, and I'm not looking forward to buying a $700 phone when I just bought this phone. I don't understand why it would not work.

After waiting a while for Blaze (Classic) to appear on the list of devices, I click it to pair, and it pops up immediately "Couldn't pair with Blaze (Classic) because of an incorrect PIN or passkey."

No pass key even popped up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
iTunes supported by Fitbit you have to turn your Bluetooth on and notifications of Fitbit watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know Blaze has a list of devices that can be paired with. I was just wondering if anyone has tried pairing with an iPod Nano or any other mp3 players that has bluetooth capability to ONLY control music? I am hoping to use that to teach my classes and my music is all sitting in my iPod Nano. Apparently iPod Nano does use AVRCP for controlling playback on Bluetooth devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the nano have Bluetooth, and can it act as a server? Have your tried? I was able to control volume on a kindle once. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got my Blaze and am not able to control my music from phone (LG v10). I checked the listing of devices and my phone doesn't show in the list at all....will the v10 be added to the compatibility list or is there a different one that I can use?
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Fishynickey what device listing are you referring to? Have you paired the blaze classic to. Our phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn't able to pair blaze to the LG v10 phone - the phone doesn't find it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you put the blaze into pairing mode?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did turn on pairing mode. I am really hoping to just control stop and start as well as volume of my music that's all and it's just not detecting either of devices now. Did you manage to get the Kindle detected before?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Stupid question #1: How do you put Blaze in pairing mode? I went to phone Bluetooth and did a search and it didn't find the Blaze at all (but it did find my FitBit One that the Blaze is replacing). But I went thru all the screens on the Blaze looking for pairing option and didn't see where.

Now for the real Stupid question #2: Can the Blaze be connected to two devices at same time? I have both an iPad tablet (the third gen) and an Android phone (LG v10)....I use the iPad for everything I do (emailing, texting, calendar, etc) but all my music is on the phone since it has the memory card that has all my music (over 90 GB) and I was wanting to connect Blaze to phone GPS as well. I am getting the notifications and emails on the Blaze from the iPad just fine...just can't get to control music on phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If I set my wireless earbuds as audio only..no phone notifications through the phones blue tooth settings the music control will work.
Best Answer
0 Votes