Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control Information Post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Music Control gets a facelift with Blaze! Learn more about your power to control music below. For a more detailed look at Music Control on your Blaze, please see this help article.

Music Control:

With Blaze, you can control your music with the touch of a button! To access Music Control, simply swipe downward on your home screen. Improvements to this feature include a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection for iOS instead of BT Classic. We've also added the ability to rewind and increase/decrease the volume of the song, in addition to fast forwarding and play/pause. 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 13.32.59.png

Notes

• Android and Windows phones will still use BT Classic for using Music Control. 
  • While in exercise mode, press/hold Blaze's top-right button for 2 seconds to bring Music Control up. 
  • You'll use both buttons on the right to control volume on Blaze. See image to the right.
  • As with most other Bluetooth devices, if you connect another Bluetooth device and disconnect your Blaze, you will have to connect it again the next time you want to use it to control music.

No matter what you're rocking out to, we're sure you'll love using Music Control on Blaze! 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

How do i sync my fitbit blace to my laptop so i can control the music coming from my laptop? Is this possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it is possible, but you can try.. Follow the standard setup by attaching the Blaze classic to you comouter. Start a music app and try.. 

Go into the blaze settings and turn the classic on to discover

Best Answer
0 Votes
Whats the app called in the app store on a mac
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Ive got HTC ME and the music controls don't work for me either. 

Did you manage to find a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there I have a blaze and recently got some Bluetooth headphones. Both of these were successfully paired to my phone but when I tried to use the blaze to switch tracks it wouldn't work.  The music controls were flickering on the blaze.. any ideas please? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mikealright i dont know anything about MAC and not sure what app you want to know about, it would need to be an app that can play music and has remote control ability.

@SunsetRunner is your Blaze Classic paired to the phone, and your music llayer running? What music player are you using?

@Wyat phone do you have, and what OS. On Marshmallow and above, you might be able to  turn off the controls in the headphones

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm using the HTC default music player.
I set up the Bluetooth classic connection ok and when I play my music my phone shows BT classic is connected but my blaze just shows CONNECTING.
So annoying any help is greatly appriciated

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Try a restart of the phone, this works for me, and sonce android phones need:to be restarted at least weekly, for me it is no biggie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Hunter357, just wanted to thank you for your posts. As a fellow Moto X Pure user, your tips and advice encouraged me to continue to fiddle long after I would have given up. Took a couple of hours, but I was able to pair my Blaze with my phone. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this specific question!!!! Ixm so glad I found this!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for getting back to me!! I think i have it figured out. I was ready to throw it against the wall last weekend but I kept messing with it and finally got it to connect! It's staying connected so i'm touching nothing LOL I agree, the set up instructions are awful!!! Here I'm thinking i have to have it connected to Bluetooth to get it to sync like every other device on the planet but nooooo...

Hey it's cold here in PA too, I can't wait for this "winter" to just go away!!

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App
Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Scott, I have the Note 5 as well. Will give it a try.

Best Answer

Absolutely same for me I'm on HTC ME which is basically an M9 but dual sim.

ive tried everything but cant get music control to work

well pis*** off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yes the phone is showing connected to bt classic Towards the blaze.

music app is google play and running

the blaze simply shows "connecting"

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wait for a fix ..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any progress? Facing the same issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The solution from the other party worked. Basically turn the music on on the phone first the connection the Bluetooth last. After the music is playing connect the bluetooth.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note5.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you ever figure it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep! I start the music on my phone and I have my headphones linked. Then you can turn the music control on. I found I actually haven't even used the feature and that's one of the things I was sold on! LOL I think it's because i'm just used to doing it with my phone during a rest between sets

Best Answer
0 Votes