Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Music Control Information Post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Music Control gets a facelift with Blaze! Learn more about your power to control music below. For a more detailed look at Music Control on your Blaze, please see this help article.

Music Control:

With Blaze, you can control your music with the touch of a button! To access Music Control, simply swipe downward on your home screen. Improvements to this feature include a Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) connection for iOS instead of BT Classic. We've also added the ability to rewind and increase/decrease the volume of the song, in addition to fast forwarding and play/pause. 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 13.32.59.png

Notes

• Android and Windows phones will still use BT Classic for using Music Control. 
  • While in exercise mode, press/hold Blaze's top-right button for 2 seconds to bring Music Control up. 
  • You'll use both buttons on the right to control volume on Blaze. See image to the right.
  • As with most other Bluetooth devices, if you connect another Bluetooth device and disconnect your Blaze, you will have to connect it again the next time you want to use it to control music.

No matter what you're rocking out to, we're sure you'll love using Music Control on Blaze! 

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291
Thank you thank you! It worked! I started playing music on my droid turbo 2 first and I could control it from the blaze, then while the music was playing I turned on my Bluetooth headphones and I was able to still control music from the blaze! Yay😂😂😂
Best Answer
*You're welcome! 😀*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Weird problem.....My new Blaze has been working well. It was pretty easy connecting to my phone (Droid Turbo), and I loved the notifications. I decided to try out the Music Control, and got that to work, too.

Problem is, I can't get back to BTLE mode (Classic Off), and I miss my notifications. I don't need music all the time, and would like to save battery power. I've reinstalled the app, shut down the Blaze and phone several times.

[EDIT] Oh, it appears to be working. I read another post saying that any changes in the watch settings require a sync to connect to the server. I have text and call notifications under BTLE again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mebejedi, im not sure what is being referred to with the "I can't get back to BTLE mode". On the Blaze there is no wat to control BTLE, and on the phone BTLE is out of your hands and is controlled directly and exclusively by the app.

Notifacation works through BTLE.

If the tackler syncs then the BTLE is setup, this should show as Blaze in the phone Bluetooth settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant it was only connecting with Classic On, rather than Classic Off.

But I fixed my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For your phone music control needs classic on and connected to work. Is that what your referring to as only connecting while Classic is on?

With no proper noun as to what "it" refers to, I'm haveing peoblems understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have both, An iPhone and an Andriod.

When i tested the music controls on my iPhone i was able to control volume and tracks and everything, Also worked great on my andriod, But now on my iphone i can Play/pause or change tracks and see track information but i cannot change the volume.

Tried pairing/unpairing deleting from the phone and restarting both, Even tried my freind's phone to test it.

No volume control, Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tx ..helped me..x
Best Answer
0 Votes

I chose Blaze because you can control Spotify from your phone while you work.

Missed however:   While the exercise mode, press / hold Blaze's top-right button for two seconds to bring up the Music Control.

Was disappointed yesterday that I could not use this function during exercise but now I know how to do and look forward to the next exercise. A valued feature on my part and a big dealbraker VS Garmin vívoactive HR with only music controll with music from SD-kard. Great job Fitbit team!

https://youtu.be/sbF1zc2MZl0

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haitham you have mentioned several phones, when your trying to control the volume in one phone, make sure the other phones are not near, or discount the blaze classic from them. The place can only control one phone at a time and it will be the phone that it is connected to, not necessarily the one you want to control.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Using Sony z5 (android 6.0) and blaze. Every time i start music control on my blaze, the phone try to conect with a function called Throw. This makes the conection between my device and phone starting over and over, so its hard to use music control. Tried to switch of the Throw on my phone, but it Just keeps going every time i open music control on blaze. Anyone else having this issue? Or a way to solve it? Have tried all the usual reseting, restarting, reinstalling....
Best Answer
0 Votes
Using Spotify....
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tao75 wrote:
Using Sony z5 (android 6.0) and blaze. Every time i start music control on my blaze, the phone try to conect with a function called Throw. This makes the conection between my device and phone starting over and over, so its hard to use music control. Tried to switch of the Throw on my phone, but it Just keeps going every time i open music control on blaze. Anyone else having this issue? Or a way to solve it? Have tried all the usual reseting, restarting, reinstalling....

Yes, i'm seeing the same thing here.

When my blaze connects (Experia Z3, Android 6) the phone see's it as a bluetooth speaker and tries to throw to it.

Done the same as you, re-installed etc, but no luck. Currently looking for a way to disable throw...

Best Answer

Did you get this to work? Mine is doing the same thing here

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Stephanie. This did not help. My Blaze is already paired. I am trying to pair the Blaze (Classic) so I can sync the music. I am following the steps that are described in the Blaze app and I am still getting the same error message. "Couldn't pair with Blaze because of an incorrect passkey or pin."
Best Answer
0 Votes

@computerk wrote:

Did you get this to work? Mine is doing the same thing here

Hi,

No, not as yet. I saw some other posts about using a command line utiltiy called ADB to hide the throw function, but didn't really want to mess with that... i use throw sometimes to send to my Samsung TV.

What we know is that it seems to be a Sony / Android 6 (it didn't do this on v5.0) / Blaze thing. I don't know if it's anything to do with FitBit themselves, unless the blaze is 'advertising' itself incorrectly to the Sony?...

i'll keep digging...

Phil

Best Answer

@sen1876 I moved your post to this thread as it will get more attention regarding the issue you are experiencing here. Make sure to check @EmersonFitbit's first post on this thread, you will find a link to a help article that will for sure help you out a lot.

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I installed the fitbit app then everything worked
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to know why my blaze keeps flashing "connecting" and "loading music" once connected.  It seems to do that a lot.  I have tried to unpair and pair again and connect and disconnect but it keeps having issues. I only get to control music periodically. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bsasdams the quick answer is that the Blaze can't get a conection to the music app. 

The long amuser... 

• Is the phone nearby
  • Is the Fitbit app running in the bs background 
  • Is the music app running and playing music 
  • For me when it doesn't work, it seems a forget the blaze classic and the pair up works best. You said you tried this, I would try again

Best Answer
0 Votes