Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Pop Watch Face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Blaze "Pop" watch face seems very off centered and not identical to the preview in the app. Notice the bottom of the character "2" is basically severed, and the inner loop of the "5" almost reaches the bottom (different from the preview, directly below). I understand that this is an asethetic approach to the characters - but I think the issue is more of a bug...

There is also issue with tap response but I think it has been mentioned in a few other posts already. 

IMG_0238.JPGIMG_0239.PNG

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
I have same issue with "pop" face. Seems to low and numbers are cut off. Also all watch faces seem very small compared to watch size
Best Answer

Hello @harty646 and @inuggy It's great to have you here! Smiley Very Happy This is the display I use on my Blaze and after consulting with my team they told me it is designed to look like that. I would recommend to visit the Feature Request board and share your thoughts about the display. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Well if they "Designed it to look like that" then why is there such a discrepency between the app preview and the actual FitBit face? Either the preview or the actual Blaze watch face is off, but th epoint is one of them is off! (And knowking design I suspect its the off center actual watch face...) Please advise.

Best Answer

@Petesk1999 wrote:

Well if they "Designed it to look like that" then why is there such a discrepency between the app preview and the actual FitBit face? Either the preview or the actual Blaze watch face is off, but th epoint is one of them is off! (And knowking design I suspect its the off center actual watch face...) Please advise.

The previews were just that, beta testing of potential options.  Others have pointed out that there are at least 2 faces that are in the design the documentation prior to release that are not available on the Blaze now that it is released.  

The Pop face is just fine, it was clearly designed to look that way, and does it realy matter how much the bottom of the number 2 is cut off a little more that shown in some picture.  

Best Answer

Nope sorry, the previews are not 'beta tests'... you see beta tests are the things that are conductedPRIOR to a product releases... mismatched app to actual purcahed product faces are called 'errors'. Now errors are expected and perfectly forgivable so long as theyre acknowlegded and remedied... not called beta tests and purposeful design. 

Best Answer

@Petesk1999 wrote:

Nope sorry, the previews are not 'beta tests'... you see beta tests are the things that are conductedPRIOR to a product releases... mismatched app to actual purcahed product faces are called 'errors'. Now errors are expected and perfectly forgivable so long as theyre acknowlegded and remedied... not called beta tests and purposeful design. 

OK, so there were at least 2 other faces shown in marketing that ARE NOT available at all to the users right now.  The Pop face is 1mm lower in production then it was in MARKETING.  IT is not false advertising, it does not make fitbit liars, it does not make them "errors".  If they decided taht 2 others from marketing were not going to make it to the final production, how do you know they did not decide that the Pop face alignment looked better a slightly different way?  You don't, neither do I........I like both and a 1mm difference is not a big deal in reality.

The reason I don't believe it was an error is becasue the flame for calories was white in the marketing and it is yellow now.  So clearly one was an early version that has undergone some modifications prior to release.

Best Answer

I have filed a feature request to get this looked into.

For those of us finding that the clipped "Pop" watch face a bug (design flaw) rather than a intended design style, please help voting the feature request below to get this addressed...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Blaze-s-Pop-Clock-Face-is-clipped-at-the-bottom/idi...

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Voted in the feature request thread that was created.

But Fitbit, please please PLEAAAASE make it so that the numbers are not "cut off".   It looks horrible and unnatural to see numbers clipped liked that.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

@11butterscotch wrote:
@racertempo If this and the other examples are not false advertising then what is false advertising? And you seem to think these are "not a big deal in reality". If real users who have the real device are really stating otherwise, then what "reality" are you talking about?

So is it false advertising when a beer commercial shows a party starting after a bottle is opened?  You saw a screen shot from early production that is not available at this time, it is NOT A BIG DEAL.  And yes that is in all caps which means I shouted it.  These type of devices are updatable after purchase through firmware, so it might be there tomorrow, or the next day, or there might be 200 available after 2 months.....which is why it is not a big deal.  

The no big deal, was specifically relative 100% to a specific face not being available upon release, a "look, an aesthetic", not functionality of the product.

If you are so bent about it not having that one face available today then return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yippyman wrote:

I have filed a feature request to get this looked into.

For those of us finding that the clipped "Pop" watch face a bug (design flaw) rather than a intended design style, please help voting the feature request below to get this addressed...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Blaze-s-Pop-Clock-Face-is-clipped-at-the-bottom/idi...

Thanks!

So if they "fix it" as you want....then they decide as a company that they want to change it to what it is now will you be okay with that?  That way you would have the official trail of "it is what was advertised" to "we have updated our look based on xyz".  Heck, any of these faces are changeable by them at any time, and without notice.  Yes it might result in anger and some returns, but they might make changes that other like and decide to buy because of it.

Do you want the "Calories" flame back to white instead of yellow? because if it was truly a mistake then that needs to be white.

Do you are okay with the sides being cropped, but you want a company to spends man hours moving a few number up a single millimeter?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well there is no point arguing what's right or wrong. In the end of the day, users express their opinions to Fitbit and its up to Fitbit to decide what they want to do with these request. If there are enough people supporting the ideas, Fibit will take them seriously and it's up to them to decide if it's worth spending the resources to fix it; if not, then it is what it is and people can adapt or return their Fitbit. This forum is for users to share their experience with their Fitbit and I would just leave it like this here.
Best Answer

@racertempo wrote:

@11butterscotch wrote:
@racertempo If this and the other examples are not false advertising then what is false advertising? And you seem to think these are "not a big deal in reality". If real users who have the real device are really stating otherwise, then what "reality" are you talking about?

So is it false advertising when a beer commercial shows a party starting after a bottle is opened?  You saw a screen shot from early production that is not available at this time, it is NOT A BIG DEAL.  And yes that is in all caps which means I shouted it.  These type of devices are updatable after purchase through firmware, so it might be there tomorrow, or the next day, or there might be 200 available after 2 months.....which is why it is not a big deal.  

The no big deal, was specifically relative 100% to a specific face not being available upon release, a "look, an aesthetic", not functionality of the product.

If you are so bent about it not having that one face available today then return it.

Sorry but your alternate fanboi reality is not every one elses. Glad you like what you have. But from a beta testing, marketing, advertising standpoint you're obviously a bit out of your league, as is the silly beer analogy.  And given the need to uppercase you might submit a feature request for an anger management button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously......people....the number is less than a millimeter off, that is not false advertising, in any way.  Funny that you all are focusing on the number cutoff but not the color of the calorie indicator.....why.....probably because you like it better yellow, which is the way it is now.  So is it false addvertising bc that is a different color?

You don't like the alignment, neither do about a dozen other people, I like it, and don't care about a missing millimeter, neither are right and neither are wrong.  

Where the arguement you few are posing loses traction is the color of the calorie indicator.....bc you should also be demaning that it be changed back to white as shown in the advert.  If you think it is better as yellow, then you recognize that they decided to make a change prior to release.....which means the same happened with the number bottoms.

Call me a fanboy all you like....I just think argueing and threating a company over that silly millimeter of a number is a waste of energy and very narrow-minded to you own personal taste in the view.

So FelixFive, do you want the calorie flame yellow or back to white?  Simple question?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

Seriously......people....the number is less than a millimeter off, that is not false advertising, in any way.  Funny that you all are focusing on the number cutoff but not the color of the calorie indicator.....why.....probably because you like it better yellow, which is the way it is now.  So is it false addvertising bc that is a different color?

You don't like the alignment, neither do about a dozen other people, I like it, and don't care about a missing millimeter, neither are right and neither are wrong.  

Where the arguement you few are posing loses traction is the color of the calorie indicator.....bc you should also be demaning that it be changed back to white as shown in the advert.  If you think it is better as yellow, then you recognize that they decided to make a change prior to release.....which means the same happened with the number bottoms.

Call me a fanboy all you like....I just think argueing and threating a company over that silly millimeter of a number is a waste of energy and very narrow-minded to you own personal taste in the view.

So FelixFive, do you want the calorie flame yellow or back to white?  Simple question?

@racertempo, you don't need to get so defensive for fitbit, I think people are genuinely bothered by the off-centered letters. Maybe in the original comparison it wasn't clearly laid out, but I have recreated the graphics to showcase you how the issue has hampered visibility significantly: 

This is what it's supposed to look like:

This is what the pop face is supposed to look like

Instead we got cut-off letters:

Instead we got this

This is definitely not an aesthetic direction, but rather a software bug / lack of QA. The intentional "cutoff" should be symmatric across top, bottom, left, and right; it should be mirroed, yet only the bottom section is severed off more than the other parts. This face has a lot of potential, fitbit just needs to acknowledge the issue and promises a fix in the next patch. 

In regards to your calorie flame comment - yellow or white - it does not reduce usability and is not a critical design flaw. In fact, they made the right choice by changing the colour to yellow because white is already dominantly used by the numbers. Changing the colour palette to yellow preserves the consistency of the top section by signifying to users that distintive colours convey different information: red belongs to your heart rate, blue is your step progress, and yellow is your caloric meter. That is good design.

I am sure we don't expect perfect software right out of the box, hence the discussion. Perhaps you could try to view it from a usability standpoint, and finally realize that it is indeed a QA / design issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking at it from a usability standpoint, and I fail to see the issue.  It is a millimeter off.....but from useability we can all still read the numbers with no issue, right?  How is that millimeter a "critical design flaw", especially when the top picture also has some of the number cut off.....it is not like the first 2 on there is the entire number, it is not.

I am a QA person and an auditor for a living, not IT related however..... just don't see where the potential problem has an impact on the useability of the screen face.  If the bottom of the 2 was completely missing then this could be the case, but show that second picture to 100 people and 100 people would be able to tell you the time is 12:58, so it is 100% useable based on that and that alone.

The issue is people's personal preference, which is absolutely fine.....but saying it is a bug, a major issue, false advertising, and impacting useabilty is just not logical.

The sides are cutt off as well, granted that is for both examples, but if whole numbers are that important to people then why is the 8 on the end not bothering folks?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes
Buddy, #1 is my own photo taken after I purchased it. It was taken under fluorescent light so it got poor white balance. The flame was yellow.

I stopped reading because that basically invalidates your whole argument.

I'll take that as a compliment that my iPhone photo is as good as their press photos, though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha, I did not know that was your photo, but it also distorted the heart color.  

And my whole arguement is useability and functionality, which you say has been affected.  Like I said, ask 10 people what time it says and 10 people will answer 12:58, which means useability is not affected in any way.

This is your direct quote "Perhaps you could try to view it from a usability standpoint, and finally realize that it is indeed a QA / design issue. "

As a QA professional and auditor, if anyone asked can give the right time, please just tell me how useability is an issue?  As the auditor I would absoltely say it is different, but what is the impact?  We can all tell the time, right?  so the impact is personal preference.............and there is no other way to catergorize it then preference.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, if that was the white flame you have been talking about, I guess I didn't even need to touch on that for my original response - I have never seen the press release photos and I guess they never had white flames at all. This further proves that they just didn't calibrate the design before shipping.
Best Answer
0 Votes