Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Pop Watch Face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Blaze "Pop" watch face seems very off centered and not identical to the preview in the app. Notice the bottom of the character "2" is basically severed, and the inner loop of the "5" almost reaches the bottom (different from the preview, directly below). I understand that this is an asethetic approach to the characters - but I think the issue is more of a bug...

There is also issue with tap response but I think it has been mentioned in a few other posts already. 

IMG_0238.JPGIMG_0239.PNG

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

But you are still not answering my question to your direct quote "Perhaps you could try to view it from a usability standpoint, and finally realize that it is indeed a QA / design issue."

If 100% of people asked can tell the time......then how is useability affected?  Useability is what it is, and anyone asked would answer with the correct time. (this might be different if the bottom were completely removed from the 2).  So as I said on my previous post, there is no impact to the functionality of the time in any way....meaning it is personal preference.

Just say you don't like it as it and would prefer to move the numbers up.  I personally don't give a crap or care either way.....because the functionality is not affected by either option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

edit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure you can argue that it's QC, not QA, but they have both failed. QA failed to identify the problem in product development, while QC also failed to rectify it before Blaze launches. 

And yes of course I could say with a straight face that it affects usability, because what you were describing was utility. In a nutshell:

• Utility concerns if the product provides the features you need
  • Usability concerns on the ease of use and plesantness of those features

Judging from the complaints throughout the forum it is quite obvious that it has failed the plesantness test. It is also not as easy as it would be to look at the numbers if the numbers were properly aligned. I'm tired of arguing with you on this issue, you have consistently refused to look at it from an objective standpoint and reluctantly argued for a flawed design. Your debate approach is also tu quoque, which is rather frustrating.

This is clearly and mishap from fitbit's side - there are cutoffs from the top, left, right, and bottom - an intention artistic take, yet bottom is just implemented incorrectly or off-centered. It really is a simple fix. 

Best Answer

Hello @Petesk1999@racertempo@Yippyman@FelixFive @inuggy, it's great to have you here! 🙂 just make sure to follow the Community Guidelines on your posts so we can keep a friendly environment on this thread. @Yippyman thanks for sharing your post on the Feature Request board. Smiley Very Happy @racertempo when  you have the HR feature off and you use the Zone face clock the display is black. For everyone else I would recommend to vote for the idea suggested by @Yippyman to make your voice heard, the developers review this board to make sure they are giving the customers what they need and want! 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

inuggy 

Glad that you have your own definition of utility and useability, but here is the actual definition:

Usability is the ease of use and learnability of a human-made object. In software engineering, usability is the degree to which a software can be used by specified consumers to achieve quantified objectives with effectiveness, and efficiency.

Can you read the time on the watch......YES, can you then tap the face and see steps, HR, and calories....YES.  SO the usability is is not affected.  It 'operates' 100% as it should (the features of that face, the circles around the feet and the flame work correctly to correlate to your goals for the day).

What has been affected is what YOU are referring to as plesantness, which has nothing to do with useability.  Pleasantness is a personal preference that varries from one person to another, but usability is the same. You are clearly clouded by your personal preference.

Pleasantness has nothing at all to do with usability as it is subjective.  You don't like it, you classify the 12 other people on here complaining about it as a "failure".  So how many Blazes have been sold?  You all have a right to compain about it and say you don't like it, but saying Fitbit failed is you opinion.

And of course my arguement is tu quoque, because you said that it the face is not usabile and that I was failing to recognize that.  SO you stated that my view was was flawed becasue I did not see it the way you see it.  You say that I "refuse to refuse to look at it from a logical standpoint"; however, I am looking at it from a logical, definition, QA/auding standpoint......and it is usable.  You however, are mixing and mashing up personal preference, unquantifiable (plesantness) views, with how something is used, with is not subjective in any way.  

You are using your arguement and personal belief of the watch face as a red herring.  You are trying to convince people that it is a bug, a mistake, a problem, failed QA/QC, and you even went as far as calling it a "critical design flaw".....all based on inferior usability, which you have said many times.  The definition and facts show usability has not be affected.  So again, just say you don't like it.  

You are in sales, I am in QA and auditing....we are not going to agree on this clearly.  Most people never agree with QA or an auditor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaFitbit wrote:

Hello @Petesk1999@racertempo@Yippyman@FelixFive @inuggy, it's great to have you here! 🙂 just make sure to follow the Community Guidelines on your posts so we can keep a friendly environment on this thread. 

AngelaFitbit,

I appreciate your feedback on the faces.  I am disagreeing with a statement that inuggy has posed as fact, that Fitbit has failed QA/QC, submitted a bug that needs fixing, and other allegations based on his preference.  I am just trying to point out that the face and the watch work as inteneded, since his arguement has been that the 1 millimeter has affected usability of the face, which it has not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can we vote? My display is too looks awful...The half of time is gone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Pop face supposed to have to the bottom cut off and look to low on watch screen? It looks awful and clipped off and it is best clock face around. How I push up back, so that it will look normal? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

you cant fix it at all...this is how it looks until Fitbit changes it.  Yes everyone agrees that it looks awful (and annoying) so we really only have 3 clock faces to choose from 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think Fitbit is very behind and slow in upgrade,  the firmware programmers are not as good as Apple by far. In a couple year this company will be suffering. As you can see, Jawbone is suffering.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fands wrote:

Yes everyone agrees that it looks awful (and annoying) so we really only have 3 clock faces to choose from 

No, not "Everyone agrees".  About 10 people on the forms here agree with eachother that is looks "awful".  I think it is fine, I can read the time (amazingly), and it is the face I use 90% of the time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The pop face is designed all that at a glance you will easily see how close you are to your daily goals. These stats pop out at you. I find enough of the tome shows to easily read, but a slight scroll up will show the complete number.

See. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/fitbit-blaze-pop-display/m-p/1220790/highlight/true#M5237

Best Answer

Hello @racertempo the pop clock face was designed to look like that. It's not a bug or a fail in the design and the functionality of the display is not affected since it was designed to look like that as you mentioned. Not everyone will like it, I do it's the one I wear. @DaisyLogan to vote click here and add your comments @Fands@Yorkie10 thanks for your cooperation don't forget to vote for more watch faces for the Blaze here

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even get this to show up on my Blaze.  I've synced numerous times, and it reverts to Zone, which doens't show my steps, just heartrate and date (and time). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rhonderoo, Hope you are having an amazing day! Smiley Very Happy have you tried to restart your tracker and sync after that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes