Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Timezone change issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I've got an issue with my Blaze: I'm travelling and my iPhone has updated to new Timezone however Blaze will not - have tried solutions on this forum. The interesting thing is that when I set an alarm in the Fitbit app, I have to set it for the iPhone (correct) time NOT the time shown on the Blaze.  Any ideas? To me this seems like an issue with app updating the blaze time - because the correct alarm time is working within the app.  Weird -  and frustrating. Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm having the same problem, have not had it before, travelled from London to Switzerland, phones time is correct but app still thinks I'm in London time zone and even if I set it to 'not automatic' it reverts to London even after changing. Have you tried restarting the blaze or app? Or changing the time zone manually? 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I'm having the same problem, have not had it before, travelled from London to Switzerland, phones time is correct but app still thinks I'm in London time zone and even if I set it to 'not automatic' it reverts to London even after changing. Have you tried restarting the blaze or app? Or changing the time zone manually? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Luke, yes I've restarted Blaze, unpaired Bluetooth, logged out of app, deleted Blaze, deleted the app and reinstalled. Everything I could think of. The strange thing is setting the alarm in the Fitbit app and having to use the correct Timezone to get an alarm at the desired time. The Blaze or app converts to the Blaze time. I'm not sure what to try next and it's frustrating because the silent alarm use while travelling is a key attraction for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oops I shouldn't have accepted as "solution". Rookie mistake! Solution still outstanding on this one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been having the same issue. However, when I go to the Account > Advanced Settings, and toggle the Set Automatically switch off and then on, it usually corrects the time zone issue. But in general, I find I have to sync a number of times before the time is fully adjusted. Sometimes, the alarms in the app show the right time but they're still an hour or two off (the number of time zones I've travelled). Definitely can be frustrating when getting to my hotel late in a strange city and I have to spend time fiddling to get the alarm clock right. Really would like to see this area smoothed over for an easier transition.

Best Answer

There is no solution to this yet and no official comments, this is getting very annoying. This is my post from a previous post (will keep repopsting until we get an answer!):

I just got back from Bali after a 10 day trip there from Auckland, it automatically updated when I got there, but since I got back it have been stuck on Bali time (Asia, Makassar, 5 hours difference for me).

It doesn't help to; manually set the time zone. resetting the time zone automatic button (even though Auckland comes up and gives me hope for 1 second before it goes back), restarting the watch, restarting the phone, restarting the app, reinstalling the app, resetting the time zone on my phone, updating on the website, nor throwing my useless watch on the ground and jumping on it (okay, joking on the last one there).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what finally worked. I had to use Fitbit.com. I was finally able to save my profile changes on Fitbit.com. I deleted the city name in my profile but I had to select the desired Timezone on the website as well, saved my profile and synced the Blaze with the app. Yay! It is a bit of a pain to do through the website buyback I can live with it until There's an update available. thanks for sharing! 

Best Answer

Jesus Christ, thanks for this.  I searched for days and was literally about to just buy a new fitbit because I couldn't get my time to show right.  Going to the website and changing my timezone there fixed it.

Best Answer

I had never experienced this even until my last timzone in kar January 2017. Only today I faced this. Nothing seemed to work for me. Just fiddling thru various things, I tried toggling settings in my iPhone “settings” for Fitbit. I switched off Bluetooth sharing, background app refresh and location sharing, and then synced the app. It surprisingly changed the time. Dunno which of the three things worked. But at least it did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had never experienced this even until my last timzone change in late January 2018. Only today I faced this. Nothing seemed to work for me.

Just fiddling thru various things, I tried toggling settings in my iPhone “settings” for Fitbit. I switched off Bluetooth sharing, background app refresh and location sharing, and then synced the app. It surprisingly changed the time. Dunno which of the three things worked. But at least it did.

Best Answer
0 Votes