Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent alarm too weak

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am deaf and rely on my Fitbit to wake me as I do not hear Alarms. My old flex woke me every time until the vibrator packed up. Ive had a new Blaze for Christmas and I can hardly feel the vibration in the daytime when it is time to take my medication and it certainly doesn’t wake me in the morning. Has anybody else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there @Croftysue. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

At the moment, the only recommendation I could give you would be to try to wear your tracker a little tighter while you sleep. If you wear it too loose, the tracker might not be in direct contact with you and you might not feel the vibration of the alarm very well but if you use it a little tighter, you should feel those vibrations a little easier.

Hope this helps and anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Hi there
I already have the band as tight as it will go, it's not possible to have it any tighter!!
Croftysue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the blaze for Christmas and I have the same problem. Took it back to the store to exchange and was told I was the second person in the last hour with the same problem. Charge hr worked very well.

Best Answer

I also received a Blaze for Christmas. I had a chargehr before and loved that feature. This vibration is so weak that I miss the alarms at least half the time. Fitbit is really good at listening to their customers - maybe you can improve this for your future customers. 

Best Answer

I bought charge 2 weeks ago after my charge hr broke. I totally agree that the alarm vibration is too weak relative to charge hr. It should not be a complicated software adjustment. I just failed to understand why Fitbit does not want to improve this basic functionality which is perfect with my Fitbit HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed with your concerns 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pretty hard to believe the engineers thought a less than one second notification buzz is all you'd need from texts, calendar events and apps.

Best Answer

Their engineers spent a lot of time design software to track calories, step, sleep pattern, heart rates, etc.  But they forgot most of the users also need the functionality of a basic watch instead of relying on our smart phones to set alarm, showing messages.  This complain traced back in 2016 but the engineers are still unwilling to fix the issue.  The moderator suggested us to keep the band tighter to feel the vibration.  LOL!  The same function performed well in an old model but cannot be done in an upgraded model. Hard to believe!

Best Answer