Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Water Resistance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Time and time again we have asked you people to make the device Water Proof.

Why can't you get it through your thick skulls that there are water sports/activities.

Can I wear my Blaze while swimming?

Fitbit Blaze is rain, sweat, and splash proof. We recommend that you do not swim or shower while wearing Blaze.

Moderator Edit: Edited post title for clarity.

Best Answer
364 REPLIES 364

I take mine into the shower/bath with me and i go swimming with it and mine works fine as long as your not scuba diving you should be fine! The longest mine has ever been under water was 1 hour 54 minutes

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tools and their abuses, love it.  

Not at all abouve pushing a device pasted its "official capabilities".  You swim with it, have you gone to any kind of depth?  Im thinking to the bottom of a 10 foot swimming pool, I never see me going deeper.

Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least it's water resistant. I had the Sony SW2 and that was killed by a little rain.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only is Blaze not waterproof, it is also NOT rain or splash proof! I walked from my car to my apartment (about a block) without a jacket/rain gear and today the screen is flashing, alternating the normal screen with an F'd up screen. I haven't even had this for two weeks!!  😤

Best Answer

Before I had a Fitbit blaze I had a Basis Peak. Unfortunately I had to replace it as these had a recall. The Basis was 100% waterproof. I could swim with it, surf with it, snorkel with it and no issues. It recorded all the same data as the Fitbit. I can't see why you can't put this technology into Fitbit. I can never wear the Fitbit for a swim race. It is very disappointing that you refuse to make a bigger effort to find a solution. 

Best Answer

Can it be worn during water aerobics?  Not all of us are swimmers but would like to be able to keep up with fat burned.

Best Answer

Is Blaze waterproof to water aerobics??

Best Answer

You can buy a waterproofed Blaze for $329 and they warn you that sealing it makes the altimeter inaccurate so your flights of stairs climbed will most likely not work but all other feathers are unaffected. 

Best Answer

I went swimming with my Fitbit blaze since I accidentally forgot to take it off for about 5 minutes, it survived a dive and some breast stroke with multiple submersions lasting longer than 5 seconds at a time, I took it off when I realised and it still seemed to work, about an hour later it's still working just fine, however I am not suggesting you swim with your Fitbit I am merely saying it's possible for it to survive a little while.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks a lot 👊🏽

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange my Fitbit Blaze got sprayed with water while going landscaping and lightly rained on while getting out of the rain than the next day after charging  it stopped working completely (BRICKED) and would only get burning hot if placed in the charger.  Fitbit has replaced the Blaze device however I feel it was do to the casual exposure to water( not swimming or soaking it ).

-Dana

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@SunsetRunner Waterproofing comes at the cost of altimeter function - air pressure is used to determine things like elevation change, and fully sealing the device prevents this from working. Since our trackers aren't designed to accurately track swimming, there's not much benefit to full waterproofing, especially at the cost of other features. All our trackers are water resistant - Blaze won't be harmed if you wear it in the rain, or if it gets splashed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I think this is what I need.  As a runner I just can not deal with the "buy one get one free" warranty system Fitbit offers after buying and replacing so many Fitbit units.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Babsie214 wrote:

Not only is Blaze not waterproof, it is also NOT rain or splash proof! I walked from my car to my apartment (about a block) without a jacket/rain gear and today the screen is flashing, alternating the normal screen with an F'd up screen. I haven't even had this for two weeks!!  😤

EXACTLY, last week I got wet doing landscaping and LIGHTLY rained on.  Than the next day the blaze would not take a charge, the screen was blank, would not reset (bricked) and it would get burning hot if I tried to charge it. (they sent me a new one)  it sure is not water resistant in any serious way.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wash mine in the shower from time to time when it gets gross/dirty, I certainly dont soak it, but it gets wet as if it was in the rain... and I even think I wore it in the pool once by accident.... how can it be that fragile? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No idea, ask fitbit who replaced it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've totally discarded mine as I don't think it was fit (no pun intended), for what I wanted from it. Even when resting I was getting alerts that I had walked so many thousands of steps. It's now lying in the back of a drawer replaced by a MUCH better and MUCH cheaper alternative. Never again. I'm so sorry I wasted so much money on it.

Sent from my iPad

Joe.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had my long, but I can't remember where I bought it from, as I shop a lot online, so I don't know who to return it to.

Sent from my iPad

Joe.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't had my long, but I can't remember where I bought it from, as I shop a lot online, so I don't know who to return it to.

Sent from my iPad

Joe.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit took a couple of splashes at the pool but once I put it on it's charger it didn't show the battery icon

Best Answer
0 Votes