Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze & iOS battery usage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all

I am a new Blaze customer and using Iphone 6S with all latest firmware and app too.

I want to ensure the Blaze works correctly when it needs to and at the same time want to preserve my iPhone battery life.

At present my settings are as follows - is there anything in my setting that may cause the Blaze to not work correctly when I need it to?

Default - Background app refresh - Turned off

Location services - set to 'While using'

Fitbit app settings:

- All day sync switched off

-Bluetooth sharing - on

- Media Library - on

-Background app Refresh - Greyed out due to have it off on my iOS setting.

-Cellular data - on

Basically, If I start a exercise, I want to Blaze to be able to connect to GPS and start working without have to fiddle with settings each time.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @tallpaul1213 and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

If you want to preserve your phone's battery, you should use it as you do now since the app won't drain it, now if it your Blaze battery you can check the Tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze post. About your exercise, you just need to select the exercise from your Blaze and the connection with your phone's GPS will start.

If you need anything else, let me know. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

You should  not have to fiddle with settings

Open the app then go to your Blaze locate the exercise you want and wait for it to locate your Phone. Sometimes it does take a couple times to connect. But most times it connects  right off.

You can close the app after its found the phone

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @tallpaul1213 and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

If you want to preserve your phone's battery, you should use it as you do now since the app won't drain it, now if it your Blaze battery you can check the Tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze post. About your exercise, you just need to select the exercise from your Blaze and the connection with your phone's GPS will start.

If you need anything else, let me know. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer