Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze badges and resetting issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any idea how I can have earned 40k steps badge twice ... but only earned 35k once? Surely I must earn 35 on way to 40? In actual fact 40 should have been earned several times. Blaze doesn't seem very reliable. Also lost an hours data as failed to sync from 11pm then zero'd counts at midnight

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @A7565, a warm welcome to the Community.

Keep in mind that manually logged steps won't count for challenges or badges. Have you logged any type of activity to count your steps? In the meantime, you can check the help article What should I know about my Fitbit badges?.

About the resetting, if your tracker didn't reset at midnight, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there. If the issue is directly with syncing, follow the ones in the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?.

Let me know the outcome. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Alejandra, thanks for the response.

I would like to report a similar issue - the Fitbit app shows that I have earned Boat Shoe (5k steps) only 83 times.
However, I am certain that I would have earned it more than 83 times.
I verified this with a data export - I crossed 5k exactly 510 times

Snippet from badges.json in the data dump:
"timesAchieved" : 510

Hence, this looks more to be a display problem, rather than a data one.
It is not a biggie - probably does not even bother many people, but I hope its a low hanging fruit to pick and fix.

5k badge is just an example - it is the same case with other badges as well.

Screenshot_20190408-233302_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes