Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery life lasting only 24 hrs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have had my Blaze for a few months. It would last me at least 3 days without needing charge. I am now waking up every morning with it being dead. What should I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Community @IamHer! Your Fitbit Blaze battery should last up to 5 days. I would like you to confirm that you're following this charging procedure properly, you can also try cleaning contacts. After this, keep checking the battery life; the battery icon in the top left corner of your Blaze screen represents remaining battery life as of the last sync.

If after doing this troubleshoot, you're still not getting the 5 days. Then contact Customer Support, so they can further assist you. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I am following the charging procedure but my blaze battery is lasting less than 24 hours. I am top up charging due to this.

I purchased my blaze in May 2015. Is it expected the life of the watch to deteriorate so much by this point? It's only really been happening the last week or so. It had a couple of glitches like this over the months but seemed to have stopped.

I have tried cleaning the contacts on my watch and charger, as well as using my husband's fitbit charger and doing to same.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @SalseraJo and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

Since the troubleshoot you tried didn't work, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you around. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

My blaze has started having the same issue 2 days ago. It charges successfully but when I get up the next morning, the battery icon is flashing again.

Are there any further instructions to resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch was purchased about two years ago as well. I have noticed that the battery is dying extremely fast and out of nowhere. I have never had issues with my battery and l have followed the charging procedures, but within the last two weeks my battery isn't lasting the whole day. Before this, it would stay on for several days and I was quite impressed with it. Yesterday I charged it in the morning and it was dead by 8pm.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine had to be replaced
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SimonWilson@Mckenrick it's great to welcome you! Regarding to your battery issues, I would like to know if you have take a look at @SilviaFitbit's previous post? If you haven't, please follow the instructions she provided. 

@IamHer it's good to see you here, I am glad to hear that you received a replacement tracker. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Updated firmware, 17.8.402.1,  fixed the battery life issue.  I restored the "always connected", turned on notifications, Bluetooth always on and syncing via WiFi.  Getting 4 days of battery life again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What firmware version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What firmware version?

@SimonWilson wrote:

Hi,

My blaze has started having the same issue 2 days ago. It charges successfully but when I get up the next morning, the battery icon is flashing again.

Are there any further instructions to resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated firmware, 17.8.402.1,  fixed the battery life issue.  I restored the "always connected", turned on notifications, Bluetooth always on and syncing via WiFi.  Getting 4 days of battery life again.

In process of "shaking it down" as to battery life.  So far it's working as expected.

Best Answer

Those are great news @KB9WNS. I am glad to hear that your battery issues has been resolved by updating your tracker's firmware. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Battery life went back to 12 hours again.  Started failing today.

Best Answer
0 Votes