Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery not holding charge after firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my Blaze has worked amazingly the last 1 1/2 years that I have had it and all of the sudden, since I did the update on the fitbit app on my phone 2 weeks ago it will not hold a charge for more than 2-3 hours. The battery used to last 4-5 days. On my app it says my battery is medium even when my blaze is completely dead. I have chatted with fitbit and they supposedly escalated my issues to another department and I was given a case number but I have not heard anything nor do I expect to.... but I was just curious if anyone else is having this issue. I seem to can't get any real help from fitbit customer service and I have went through the trouble shooting processes and have even bought a new charger. Nothing is helping. Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I see. I got whatever warranty came with it, no extra one. I still feel that Fitbit needs to solve the problem. They admit their engineers are "working on it." Mine has worked beautifully until recently. That's what burns me up. 

Best Answer
Unfortunately, blaze is not in production, and with a new watch comes new chargers, etc. I switched to Apple and bought an extra 2 year warranty on top of the 1 year for 49$. I cant wait around I want fitbit to stand behind there products and they haven’t shown me any consideration. I have been a Fitbit customer since 2010 but apparently that means nothing. I told them once I switch I won’t be back. Good luck

Andrea Krier
Best Answer

My fitbit blaze is doing the same thing! Have they done anything about this yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with mine. It worked great for year and half and now it’s useless 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing great. I am glad to see here that some of you resolved this issue by contacting support, those are just great news.

Now for the ones that keep having issues and received a discount, if you want to use that offer, I recommend taking a look at this page, where you will be able to compare all the Fitbit and take advantage of the offer. Also, check our warranty policy.

See you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I'm having exactly the same problem with my blaze which started the same time as yours.

I've been looking for and so far have failed to find a customer services contact phone number (for the uk).

All i want to do is speak to someone instead of e-mailing.

If fitbit are not brave enough to speak to their customers it speaks volumes about their products. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the up date my battery on my Blaze has suddenly stopped keeping it's charge. If I am lucky it will last 1 day instead of 4-5 days. wondered if it was a marketing ploy as the watch is just outside of its warranty. Have just reinstalled fitbit so I will see if that is the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that too but nothing had changed

Andrea Krier
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was never even offered a discount...not that I would use it anyways....I'm not spending another couple hundred dollars for a product that has a known issue and plus the company does not stand behind their product enough to rectify the issues and make it right with their customers. 

Best Answer

I am not holding out any hope. I have emailed Fitbit. My previous fitbit had issues with just 1 week to go on the warranty but Fitbit were great then and replaced the fitbit with no problem. Never had an issue like this before and what gets me was that it was working lovely before the update. 

Had a reply from Fitbit customer services who have admitted that my Fitbit Blaze is defective. They now want to find out what the warranty situation is. Should be interesting as the watch became defective just as it reached 2 years since purchase. This is the second fitbit that I have had which has become defective just before 2 years is up. It will be interesting to see what the response is. Think I might investigate other devices even though I love Fitbit as I can't afford to spend £160 on a watch every 2 years.

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

So did mine and I relied on it for health reasons. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats awesome! Please let me know if they end up helping you

Jamie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support just contacted me and even though the Blaze watch was 7 days outside the warranty period I have been offered a free replacement watch or 50%discount on a new watch.

I have opted for a free replacement watch.

This has taken less than 24 hours of getting in contact (which in the UK is decent customer service via email)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing, nada, I bought an Apple Watch

Andrea Krier
Best Answer

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the battery on your Blaze trackers 😕

@Sfarrell- @Walking4Health, I've escalated your case to the Support Team for them to get in touch with you, so keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions.

@SunsetRunner, I'm glad to hear that you were able to work it out with the Support Team! Hopefully we can have you back on track very soon! 🙂

@Agck I was able to confirm that the Support Team has already reached out to you and offered the available options. I'm sorry to see you go 😕 If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know!

@mahaley, I'm very sorry you were not offered a discount on a new tracker 😕 I'd like to help you out with this. Would you like me to help you out to see what are the available options for you at this point?

@Shelda, I spoke with the Support Team and it seems they've already reached out to you to offer the available options for you. If you need help with this, let me know!

If any of you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Wow that is great customer service! In the US the first email is quick, but getting help is slow and actual help can take days. I'm glad it worked out for you!

Best Answer

Same issue here - watch is (2) years old and battery will no longer hold a charge.  So upsetting!  Watch only has a 1 year warranty and thought of spending over another $100 USD on another watch with the fear it will break again in 2 year is beyond frustrating.  I'm thinking an Apple Watch is the way to go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every device has defects, some just suck less than others. I ended up buying a new blaze for like $90 on ebay and its been working great. But its been less than than year so take it with a grain of salt. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought a blaze in Dec 2018. it held power for 3-5 days until last week. It now hiolds power for 2 hrs. Last night it was on the charger for 7hrs, so no excuse there. All the sync issues have been done, literally it syncs once a day now, now emails or alarms etc. Now throught the charger (note this is a uk one) it states a voltage and ampage rate. both are sat with 0.1 of the voltage and ampage. so no problem there. as this  has started in the last 7 days, and I now it has done an update since then, then I politefully suggest its the firmware. On many occassions I have seen thsi with phones and laptops, especially if using 3rd party apps on said equipment. You cannot use 3rd party apps on a fit bit, BUT, they can install a firmware update  with a tracker thta sends all the data, not just to you, but to them as well. It would be best, and I am doing this today, turn off the app on the phone, turn the data sync off in the fitbit, charge the fit bit and see what happens. if you get full battery life back for said 3 days then there is a MAJOR problem with firmware. As reading through all these pages, FIT REPS continuously avoid  this question or deny it, this would then leave them open to being sued! Unfit product. Also if it was the battery at fault, within 2 years under euro law, FITBIT MUST REPLACE OR HAVE SERVICE CENTERS that can do this under warranty. Hiding behind the idea that the battery is a consumable, but it hardwired in and NOT under WARRANTY is totally avoiding the issue again FITBIT, get your act together, this page says the problem is solved, I see link that says whee this is solved. IF IT IS SOLVED THE IT SHOULD BE ON PAGE 1 AS A STICKY!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off the phone with Fitbit support. This was my second follow up call. I am very pleased with the service I have received from both Customer Support Representatives. The first call we went through all possible faults/fixes. This second call I placed was to follow up with results and time line from full Battery to dead Device. My Blaze is 10 days past due Warranty as of today and held a charge for 12- 18 hours. I was offered a free Blaze replacement or discount on any other Model. Very happy that this was resolved so easily for me. Thank you Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes