Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery not lasting more than a day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wore my Blaze over a week long sales conference and it lasted for 3 days without a charge. Now at home/office and it only lasts a day. It's odd that it was working fine and now the battery won't last. I think I got it back Christmas 2016 so it's not that old.

How can I check my battery or logs?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@cam2v33 wrote:

Wore my Blaze over a week long sales conference and it lasted for 3 days without a charge. Now at home/office and it only lasts a day. It's odd that it was working fine and now the battery won't last. I think I got it back Christmas 2016 so it's not that old.

How can I check my battery or logs?

It doesn’t log the battery like that. You made it twice as long as most. The battery cannot officially be replaced and you are past the warranty. You might be able to get a discount but that’s about it if even that.

Fitbit designed these devices to fail. You actually got one of the better ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's crazy, right? It all seemed to happen to a lot of people at nearly the same time. Perhaps, a software update could have rendered some of them wonky, or a bad batch of batteries went out. I think they are working on something to remedy this. The thing about discontinued units is they can sometimes no longer be compatible with certain updates at some point. If you have had the fortune of a discount, use it to upgrade. I did that because I didn't want anything getting in the way of my workout tracking and piece of mind. I've had four of them die on me in one year, so I know the feeling. The Versa is so worth it !Smiley Happy It's actually better than the Apple, as that one is not all day heart rate. Different stats need a separate app. only compatible with the iphone. Nope, bye. lol.  The Versa is the better one for fitness. I know, I loved my little Blazy, too,Heart but once they stopped selling it, I knew it was only a matter of time before the software and hardware deterioration process would begin. My Versa got me through my mourning process of the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Niecy17 wrote:

It's crazy, right? It all seemed to happen to a lot of people at nearly the same time. Perhaps, a software update could have rendered some of them wonky, or a bad batch of batteries went out. I think they are working on something to remedy this. The thing about discontinued units is they can sometimes no longer be compatible with certain updates at some point. If you have had the fortune of a discount, use it to upgrade. I did that because I didn't want anything getting in the way of my workout tracking and piece of mind. I've had four of them die on me in one year, so I know the feeling. The Versa is so worth it !Smiley Happy It's actually better than the Apple, as that one is not all day heart rate. Different stats need a separate app. only compatible with the iphone. Nope, bye. lol.  The Versa is the better one for fitness. I know, I loved my little Blazy, too,Heart but once they stopped selling it, I knew it was only a matter of time before the software and hardware deterioration process would begin. My Versa got me through my mourning process of the Blaze.

That blows my mind that you would recommend spending more money on Fitbit after going through four Blaze pebbles in one year.

Serious question, how long have you had the Versa and how many times has it been replaced? Is it doing better than the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Versa now for about a month. It's treating me very well. I totally understand your amazement. It took me a while to decide to buy a new unit. I had to get over my anger. I went from being accepting of a honest product defect mistake, to frustration, then anger. The first unit started flickering, and was replaced, the second one came dead on arrival, the third burned my wrist, and the fourth stopped charging. Somewhere between the third and the last, I noticed on the site that they stopped selling them online. when I found out, I wanted that last replacement before they were gone. I Loved my little unit so much that it never really occurred to me that this discontinued product won't update properly, or be incompatible to the latest updates at some point. Then one day,  it wouldn't charge anymore. That's when I realized I needed to upgrade my device. I felt sad, that little thing helped me shed 17 pounds of water weight and fat. I was upset because these things at that time were still being sold in retail stores with it's problems, yet they were discontinued on the site. I read numerous posts of people having tech issues,..... It started to make sense as to why problems weren't being fixed, the unit is out of production, and it might not be feasible to put money into a dead investment, but what about the people? I know.  So, they started giving discounts on new units to people who had defective units, or replacements. I felt it was time for a change, as the Blaze was phased out, I bought myself a Versa, I'm in love!!Heart I had piece of mind, suddenly I wanted to go to the gym and workout with it. It's totally cute, and I feel like I treated my self well by getting it. I had to get past that feeling that I had been done wrong. Normally, a unit should have lasted way longer, but that one was actually phased out. I had to accept that. Today, I'm good. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok a month. That is what I would consider the honeymoon period.

I’m blown away that you went through four Blaze pebbles in the span of twelve months and where willing to fork out roughly $150 assuming you got it 50% off.

If it lasts longer then 12 months let me know and I’ll think about it. Right now though I think it is too early for you to be telling people to throw away their money on another wing and a prayer that Fitbit doesn’t do the same thing with the Versa that they did with the Blaze.

Consider that the Blaze has horrible customer service. It broke super quick. You buy a Versa right away. You have sent the message that the device not lasting is not important and you have rewarded horrible customer service.

Looking at the versa forum it sounds like the battery life of the devices are already hit and miss. That doesn’t bode well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I will let you know how it goes. I will be brutally honest if it doesn't work out.Smiley Happy You have EVERY right to feel the way you do. I was there, and actually got banned for 3 days for some of my posts in the past. I hope you feel better, soon. I know that all you want is what you paid for. I get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Banned for complaining? That is the hallmark of a great company. Smiley LOL No complaining about our products or services or you’re out of here.

If people didn’t like the concept of the product they wouldn’t bother to complain. Customers would simply leave and the company would never know why.

It should be an opportunity for the company to fix an issue. I cannot say I’m surprised though. The official people here to help do not really seem to be doing anything and from my communication I believe that support is tied to a script and a computer system that will not allow flexibility which essentially means the complete lack of customer service comes from corporate Fitbit.

I have been hard on one of the moderators here because I recognized the red flags of this and it fills me with a feeling of contempt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NatalieJackman Nobody here is banned for voicing concerns. The only reason content is removed is when it violates our Community Guidelines. Our Moderation Team will always try to work with someone who isn't following those rules before we move to banning as a last resort. We value genuine feedback and want everyone to feel welcome on this forum.

@Niecy17 We've reached out in the past via Private Message to explain why actions were taken. You are welcome to reply to those messages or contact any Moderator if you still have questions about what is appropriate to post here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tick Tok!🤗 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Niecy17 It would be off-topic to further discuss this here, but please reach out to a Moderator if you are at all unclear on why your previous posts were removed. As I mentioned, punitive action is a last resort for situations where the guidelines aren't being followed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lemme see, you get to bring it up in notifications, but now no one gets to talk about it, got it. No need to reply sense we can't discuss it. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Niecy17 I'm happy to discuss this with you via PM - feel free to message me. This thread is about Blaze battery life, so it's not the right place to get into moderation practices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks😉

Best Answer
0 Votes