Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I found a battery leakage issue in the Fibit Blaze. I have bought a Fitbit Blaze in Korea a couple of weeks ago and as I charged the Blaze there has been leakage of battery fluid. Thus, I have sent the Blaze to the Korean branch to exchange for a new one. I have received the new Blaze, however the same thing happened again. I would like to know whether I should exchange this for a new one again or just return it. I had great expectations for Fitbit product but this has been a very disappointing experience with Fitbit. I attached 2 photo file. One is before charging the Blaze, the other is after charging the Blaze.

before chargingafter charging

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Welcome to the forums @Gordoni

Get with customer support at this link - click

There is an online chat option and web based email for those out of the United States. Some have found the online chat option a bit faster, so try that first.

Keep us informed.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reply.

But, I want to know what had happen in the United States.

So, I wrote a text.

I have already forwarded the information to the Korea Branch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gordoni Thank you for the pictures! Sorry to hear aboout the battery on your Blaze. I recommend reaching out to our Support Team and explaining the full details of your experience while adding the pictures you shared here as well. I am fully confident that our team will be able to help you to get you back on track.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for reply.

I send a mail to the support team in US already and I'm waiting for an answer.

I expect to be well solve this problem.

I just wonder the person who experienced the same issue.

And I want to know thier solution.

Best Answer

Just faced a similar issue - with a product that is less that 30 hours old!!!

Dint spot this issue until I faced some irritation on my skin.. followed your post & had a look at the charging dock & spotted leaked battery fluid (had charged it yesterday)

Writing an email to the support team - hope to get a response soon...

DSC_0657_1.jpg

DSC_0658.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or you sure it is not from sweat that was on it, when inserting into the charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definately not sweat!! Had used the charger first thing yesterday once I got the product... have not used the charger after that.

Felt a bit of skin irritation today (did not have any such issues with the charge HR that I have been using for over a year) & spotted this sticky fluid on the back of the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bet you'll just get a refund and that would be it.... Don't expect much from fitbit......

Best Answer

@Nate_kirkson and @Arun_Wilson welcome to the Fitbit Community! Woman Very Happy @Gordoni and @Arun_Wilson I'm glad to hear you already reach out to our support team, keep me posted. @Rich_Laue thanks for your cooperation 😉 @Nate_kirkson are you experiencing a similar issue with your Blaze battery? 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂  

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Returned the faulty product to the retailer & accepted the offer for a replacement product.

Facing a similar issue with the replaced product - have already contacted the retailer for a refund this time.

Loved the product for the short time that I have been using, but will wait for a while till the battery issues are resolved.

Not sure if there are others who are facing similar issues.

Back to charge HR for me!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Arun_Wilson thanks for sharing your experience with the Blaze. I know you are back to your Charge HR but in case you want to get back to the Blaze and if your battery is draining too fast you can find some tips to maximize the battery life of the tracker on this post

Thanks for stopping by! 😉 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Thanks Angela.

I did not have any issues with battery drain.

My issue was with with the Lithium-polymer battery - after a single charge the battery starts to discharge the liquid electrolyte - indicating faulty battery within the blaze hardware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Arun_Wilson thanks for getting back to me, I haven't heard of this issue before and I would like to ask if  you reach out to our support team when this happened? Did this happened with both trackers? Do you use a computer or wall charger to charge it? 

Best Answer

I have faced the similar experience with my new fit blaze. It's leaking from the first day. I went to retailer today, as per them they will verify with the main branch prior to exchange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Angela.

Unfortunately, Fibit support team has not been any help to me.

They added more of unpleasant experience to me. 

Once again, Customer service of Fibit is worst in my experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anks and @Gordoni welcome to the Community! @anks Keep me posted about the replacement with the retailer. If you experience any issue with them don't hesitate to contact our support team. @Gordoni I'm sorry to hear about your experience, can you please provide more details about it. Did they review the warranty on your tracker? 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. New Blaze owner, charging it after a few days' wear, and I noticed some wrist irritation. Investigating, I found fluid leaking from the back of the device and the same residue on the charging cradle that Gordoni has pictured here.

I've reached out to Support, but this is pretty disappointing for a premium device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes - I had contacted fitbit support. They just asked me to return the product to back to Amazon - surprised that there was no follow up query from your support team to understand this issue..

I have had more follow up questions from Amazon support team.

Anyway, put this bad experience behind & I placed an order for blaze - gunmetal, this time from a different retailer... 

Within a week of use, I have the same issue with leakage. Will be moving to my 4th tracker tomorrow.(hopefully the final one...)

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's interesting to me that some people have had this problem repeatedly and others not at all. There has to be some common factor at play. It's tempting to think that Fitbit has just thrown in a load of cheap batterys, but I'm not sure I buy that. This stuff is actually pretty hazardous and if it's a widespread issue, they've got a recall waiting to happen and they must have tested their hardware thoroughly before putting it out there.

There isn't a charger bundled with the device, so we're all coming up with our own charging procedures at home. Perhaps it'll help if we talk about where we're all plugging this thing in?

Personally I have a little charging station set up for all my gadgets (as they seem to multiply). Inevitably I want them to charge quickly, so I have a quickcharge 2 usb block that I plug everything into. It could be that the charging circuit in the Blaze gets confused by QC and overfills, causing a leak? I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there to try to pin this down. What's everyone else doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes