Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my Blaze last night and now all I have is a black grayish screen and green flashing lights.  My alarm is working and so is the step counter so I know it’s just not displaying. I have synced, rebooted 10 or so times, looked on the forum for help and am waiting from the Help Desk for a reply. Thought I’d try a call out in the forum for help.

Thank you

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @Megzzy.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I would like to know if you keep working on this with our support team? Have they offer you a solution?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

A warm welcome to the Community @Megzzy.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. I would like to know if you keep working on this with our support team? Have they offer you a solution?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

They got back to me but wanted a video. Still no solution. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is also blank, I can link with the fitbit but no display. Also it will not charge

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for telling me. I’m glad I’m not alone!!

Meghan

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

This post says it is solved but it doesn't look like it is. 

I have the same problem. It was dead, I charged it overnight,  now grayish black screen and none of the lights on the backside for taking your pulse. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, black screen, no lights on the back, I have charged it, attempted to reboot several times but luck. 

It seemed to happen when I paused it mid run. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Megzzy and @PDB1, welcome to the Forums. I would like to know if you have heard back from our support team? Since you are already working with them, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox since I know they will provide you with a solution.

@rickmearns and @Kcwoodley it's great to welcome you too. I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our Support Team, for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Hi! I was having the same issue and about decided to give the blaze the boot after I read the forum and discovered how this issue is so wide spread.  I even followed threads that were "solved"  when in fact the "black screen, blinking green lights, and connected to app" problem was not solved. Then I decided to try a cell phone trick, "What if during exercise (sweating)  and normal life duties (handwashing etc.)  there was a bit of condensation in the fitbit?" I placed the fitbit component in a rice filled ziplock bag over night.  Voila! the screen is back and everything is working!  It's worth a try; let me know if it worked for you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much. I had thought of that but was not sure.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue still being addressed?

I'm having the same issue with my Blaze. It started about a week or two again. I was able to restart my Blaze using the left & right (bottom) buttons. Now that doesn't work anymore. I need to put it in the charger at least once or twice a day to restart it. The heart rate monitor lights continue to work during the blank\black screen. The battery is never low when this issue occurs. I've noticed the time was wrong on a few occasions when it rebooted, however it would eventually corrected itself. 

I've read the forum looking for a solution, but it doesn't seem to have a viable one.

Please help!!

Is a firmware update available? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not heard from any support team. I have seen many people with the same problem but only you responding to it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a replacement coming

Best Answer
0 Votes
My screen is back after I let it sit for a few days without wearing it. I
think it was a moisture problem. Thanks for sharing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

@Megzzy, I spoke with the Support Team and it seems they are already helping you with this, so hopefully we can have you back on track soon!

@Masmith84, that's a great suggestion!  Thanks a lot for letting us know that this worked for you!

@AlAdamsJr, Thanks for trying that, now, I'd like to be sure. Is your tracker display working periodically then? At this moment, are you able to see the display working and it's syncing problems that you're having or what is exactly happening?

@rickmearns, I was able to get in touch with the Support Team and it seems that they've got back with you, so please, check your email inbox for more instructions!

@PDB1, That's awesome to hear! Hopefully we can have you back on track soon!

@Kcwoodley, Sorry to hear you were also having problems with this. Were you able to get your tracker to work or what is exactly happening with it at the moment?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hello @FerdinandFitbit, My Blaze display has went blank everyday for the past week. However, I didn't wear it over the weekend, to see if moisture was a problem. My Blaze has never been wet with the exception of a splash while washing my hands.

The issue defined:

I don't notice that the screen is blank until I raise my hand to get the time and find out that my Blaze screen is non responsive. It happens at least once or twice a day. I've successfully rebooted it once with the buttons. Now I keep the charger w/me at all times so I can plug it in to restart it.

Immediately after applying power, the FitBit icon comes on. It then shows the battery percentage (most of the time it's near full, as I usually charge it every day or two).

The displayed time is incorrect, it could be the last time the Blaze was on. (example from today, I restarted the Blaze from the power cable. The time showed 10:23, the actual time was 3:43. I synced w/my phone and the time corrected.

Continuing with the issue. My walking Steps are not recorded when the Blaze screen is blank. It'll also reset the step counter to a lower number after it syncs.

Do you think I should contact support at this point? I've tried to be proactive, but nothing I've read in the forum seems to resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes