Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze buttons unresponsive after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a hiccup during the update. The tracker froze about half way through. Completely.

No animation and no progress on the bar. This is after I let it try to update for ~1hr.

The device had been low on battery this morning but I put it in the charger. The battery was 2 bars from full when I began the update and left it in the charger.

I managed to get the update to complete by going through numerous "restarts" (holding left button and bottom right button) after putting it into the band.

Once the update completed, none of the buttons are responding. I have tried to make it restart but holding the buttons for 30s does nothing.

The app seems to still be able to communicate with it though and swiping right to left does take me to the other tracker screens.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK At this point you need to take it back to where ever you got it and exchange it.

If you bought it at FITBIT then contact support

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

I am sure they will take care of you!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having so much trouble

When the Blaze is Not  in the holder do the buttons work at all?

Let me know so we can further help you.

Feel free to check out the discussions forum Lots of interesting things to read and participate in!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the welcome!

The buttons don't seem to do anything when I press them, whether or not the Blaze is in the band.

If I could find a way to push them while in the cradle I would give it a try but it doesn't seem possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As an update, I have gone into the settings menu and selected "Shutdown" to turn the device off.

When I press the left button, it triggers the tracker to power on but once it is up, the button stops functioning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK At this point you need to take it back to where ever you got it and exchange it.

If you bought it at FITBIT then contact support

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

I am sure they will take care of you!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I'll have to research how to do that, or if it's even possible at this point. I bought it through the FitBit Amazon store around 10 months ago.

Best Answer

Just contact support above. Then go to Amazon and search past orders. 

Fitbit will want the Amazon reciept. 

Just copy and paste into notepad or what ever you have that you can save and attach to them when they ask

Community Council Member

Best Answer