Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze detecting sleep while charging!?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Blaze is detecting sleep while is on the dock charging, I would love for the device to detect is charging and not marking that time as sleeping... a bug? maybe a  setting I need to adjust?

any help will be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Pedrof welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here. Fitbit trackers use Autodetection to track your sleep.  Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved in over an hour, algorithms assume that sleep has begun, which is confirmed by the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior only (rolling over, etc). Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep record from your dashboard, as mentioned by @Rich_Laue

To delete a sleep record on your online dashboard, you need to go to your sleep log scroll over the upper right part of the sleep click on the edit button, as shown on the next image: 

delete sleep log.png

Let me know if this helps! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

The quick fix would be to delete the sleep record.

Since i haven't experianced this, wroth tge trackers that have auto sleep detection I can only take a guess. 

Is your Heart Rate set for Auto?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pedrof welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here. Fitbit trackers use Autodetection to track your sleep.  Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved in over an hour, algorithms assume that sleep has begun, which is confirmed by the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior only (rolling over, etc). Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep record from your dashboard, as mentioned by @Rich_Laue

To delete a sleep record on your online dashboard, you need to go to your sleep log scroll over the upper right part of the sleep click on the edit button, as shown on the next image: 

delete sleep log.png

Let me know if this helps! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesn't make sense, if its still in a charging cradle, it should not be interpreted as sleep.  I thought that sleep and Heart Rate were considered - if charging obviously no heart rate would be detected.

Best Answer

Angela,

Thanks for your prompt feedback and great customer service, I deleted the sleeping log, but I was expecting for the bracelet to auto detect when is charging, so it doesnt log information about activity that i have to delete manually. 😞

Thanks again,

Pedro

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read further (elsewhere) and someone suggested checking the settings on
the blaze itself for heart rate (either auto or on)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have it on auto.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm concerned that my Blaze not only tracked sleep when it was in the charger, but it tracked REM, light, deep and wake activity.  It's almost like it wasn't mine.  I hope there's not a bug somewhere. 

Best Answer

So, why does the Blaze track sleep whilst in a charging dock? Also, why does it then proceed to "track" when I'm awake and deep sleep when I'm not even wearing it? Surely if it thought I was sleeping and it was being charged and not being moved at all, it......it would just be deep sleep until I took it out of the charging dock. I have a feeling it just populates whatever it feels like if can't get a definitive read.... Doubting this sleep tracking feature now!

Best Answer