Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze display screen is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my 1st Fitbit (Blaze) & I can't see the %*#¥ screen! I use it a lot during the day and I can't see the face at all!!! The light on the screen is dimmer than dim (!) & I don't see any way to make it brighter.  I was out walking yesterday & literally had to find the shade of a tree to try (to no avail) & see my stats. I could barely make out the time on the clock! I may have to take this back & get something else. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

If you keep swiping left you'll eventually get to the "Settings" screen.  Tap on that, then scroll to "Brightness".  Tap on that to scroll through Auto, Dim, Normal, and Max.

My problem is that "Auto" is too dim under most circumstances.  For example here at my well-lit desk setting the device to "Normal" brightness looks great, but that will be too dim when I go outside, or too bright at night.

I wish the "Auto" levels were brighter.

Best Answer

Hi, @Aresty, on your Blaze swipe through the screen until you come to "settings". On the settings menu scroll down until you see Brightness.  There you can tap to choose among auto, dim, normal or max.

I hope that helps.  Welcome to the forums!

edited to add @rushtone beat me to the answer!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@rushtone, make sure you have the latest update.  In an earlier version the auto screen only brightened up so extremely slowly that Quick view turned into Slow view....

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Julia:

I have firmware version 17.8.301.8.  I've had this Blaze less than a week so it's probably the latest.

David

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit team,

Can you guys just apologise for the error, update the software or something and move on as these solutions you are posting online don't work and are frustrating everybody to bits (No pun intended).

My Blaze display was completely off (not visible for almost 2 weeks) it finally came back on by itself last night but is in Dimmer than dim mode (if there is anything like that) and can't be adjusted. The frustration Increases daily and is seriously making me think of switching OEM.

Best Answer

After getting updated to 17.8.401.3 mine is noticeably better.  It's not blinding, but I'm not struggling to read it in office lighting any more.  Thanks to fitbit for the improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

COOL - I fixed my low dim screen thx to you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swipe LEFT to SETTINGS and SELECT the brightness!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone to settings and it is on the brightest setting. I had an error code that said I needed to change my clock face. I did that but my Blaze just kept getting darker and darker to the point it can no longer be seen. This all took place in less than 10 minutes. I have restarted both my fitbit and my phone. I made sure it was fully charged and synced them . The heart lights on the back are active but nothing shows on the face. How would I do an update to see if that is the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like the unit got very wet and is need of replacement

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Never been wet. I don't wear it in the shower and don't get it wet when washing hands. It's always covered if it's raining. 

Best Answer
I had a Fitbit HR and it's screen looked like it burned up. THey gave me 50% on a ne item, hence my Blaze adorns me now. Speak/email them and see. If it wasn't wet, they should make things right with you.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" Robb Brush 1986
Best Answer
0 Votes