Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually log steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Watch went dead yesterday so had to do a recharge, any way to add on the steps that I missed out on while my watch was charging?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you around @tnyeste.

Regarding to your question, yes, you can manually log your steps by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard tap the Exercise tile to open your exercise history. This is the tile that says "Track exercise" or shows how many days you've worked out this week.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon in the top right corner.
  3. Tap Log.
  4. Tap a recent activity or search for an exercise type.
  5. Adjust the activity details and tap Add.

Keep in mind that sometimes manually logging this activity might cause some discrepancies in your data.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sounded easy, but not so.  Couldn't find the "Track Exercise" tile, or the add function.  Please repeat or rephrase for a Fitbit illiterate, such as myself.

Best Answer

Hi, you have the exercise tile on your dashboard, right? The how many days you exercised one? Click on that, On the top right, there is a like timer with + icon. Click that. By default, mobile tracking should open, but at the top right there is a log previous tab. Click on that to manually add an exercise. I don't think you can actually add steps, but you can a walk with time and distance. 

Best Answer

Great to see new faces @susanjsandro, welcome and @MarkMM thanks for the help.

I was able to see here that our friend @MarkMM provided some instructions in order for you to fix the exercise tile. Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as a solution. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now, if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do see how to manually add an exercise, but I don't see an option to add an actual step count. Will that option be added soon?

Best Answer