Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange thermometer icon

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is displaying a thermometer with a triangle round it. It's orange at the top, and yellow at the bottom.

Anyone know what this icon means? The device is fully charged, but not recording data or syncing to my Iphone. My assumption is that it got too hot at some point (no idea how) and shut down, but now I can't do anything with it.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AlanMT, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. Just as stated in your post, if your device displays such thermometer it means that the device is too hot to track information. That being said and if you haven't already done so, please restart your Fitbit and let me know if the issue persists. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. The device will not restart by pressing the back and bottom buttons, and I can't get into the menu to shut it down from there. Any attempt to restart simply displays the icon, then goes blank. Pressing the back button after that just displays the thermometer again. I'll run the battery down and see what happens, but that may take a few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @AlanMT, sorry for the delayed reply.

I appreciate all the details that were shared in your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps with me, certainly, your Blaze isn't working the way it was designed. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so the customer help people got in touch, and weren't really a lot of help. I've run the battery down now, and when I connect to the charger, I get the low battery icon, then the thermometer pops up again. So, the Blaze is officially fried. At least I got a discount on a new fitbit, although turns out there's some issues with that too, but that's another thread.

Best Answer